Who do you think will be the next starting goalie for the Sharks in 2015-2016?

Status
Not open for further replies.

19sharks19

Mar 16, 2006
T.O. to S.J. & back
A duo Stalock/Greiss sound good for me!!!

Greiss 1 year / 1m

Some other guys could be good

Troy Grosenick AHL SJ
Aaron Dell AHL SJ
Kristers Gudlevskis AHL TB Lightning

I don't want DW give a 1st pick to get Lack,Lehner,Talbot,Markstrom,Dumbnyck or goalie like that.

Just start the year with rookie goalie and after 10 game if the goalie suck pull the trigger with a first to get a goalie.But i beleive whit the young goalie in the organisation

I totally agree. Waaay over-payment in this draft year. Personally, I would like to see a Stalock/Reimer duo. Reimer is at a low salary and cap hit with equal or if not more to offer than any of the above.

Le Rosbeef

Jul 27, 2007
I don't see Enroth as a significant drop off on any of those goalies. I'd rather we sought him as UFA rather than coughing up valuable assets in trade...

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
At this point, I believe we will have some pretty sub-par goaltending next season no matter what we manage to do. There just aren't a ton of options remaining.

Our best option may actually be in acquiring Scrivens from the oilers if he comes for a late pick. His underlying numbers every year except last yr on a terrible oiler team have actually been pretty great. Dubnyk had the same type of statistical pattern.

pappaf2

Feb 24, 2009
Bay Area, CA
At this point, I believe we will have some pretty sub-par goaltending next season no matter what we manage to do. There just aren't a ton of options remaining.

Our best option may actually be in acquiring Scrivens from the oilers if he comes for a late pick. His underlying numbers every year except last yr on a terrible oiler team have actually been pretty great. Dubnyk had the same type of statistical pattern.

I'd be ok if the Sharks picked him up. The oilers are goalie hell.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
I suggest converting Thornton to goalie. He's big, he's got strong and stable skating, and he's fantastic protecting the puck. Also, goalies can't be captains.

Mafoofoo

Jawesome
Jul 3, 2010
Laguna Beach
I suggest converting Thornton to goalie. He's big, he's got strong and stable skating, and he's fantastic protecting the puck. Also, goalies can't be captains.

DW wouldn't want that because Thornton would continue to post shutout after shutout ruining DW's smear campaign on him.

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
So what is the current intel on the Boston goaltending situation? With Rask, Jones, and Subban, one is going to be available, right? Or are they intending to go with Jones backing up Rask and Subban still down in the AHL?

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011
So what is the current intel on the Boston goaltending situation? With Rask, Jones, and Subban, one is going to be available, right? Or are they intending to go with Jones backing up Rask and Subban still down in the AHL?

The later, their gm seemed to indicate they want him as their backup. Suban isn't ready. Jones could probably still be had.

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
Random guess:

Wings love Mrazek and want him going forward. Will re-sign Gustavsson and trade Howard to the Sharks.

Uhg I want nothing to do with Howard. I would seriously rather start Stalock (or Grosenick). Howard is garbage, I've never liked him, at all, and I certainly don't want him on this team. He's a bottom-10 starter in my eyes.

Used As A Shield

Aug 10, 2011
I honestly just want to fix our blueline and see what D system the team goes with, and really see what we have in Stalock before giving up anymore assets, as I really do not see the team doing much better regardless of the goalie if we are still so weak on D.

Coy

Feb 25, 2014
SF
Karri Ramo will be the starting goalie for San Jose next season. I think he could be really solid.

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011
Elliotte Friedman ‏@FriedgeHNIC 13s13 seconds ago
DAL signs Niemi three years, $4.5M AAV.

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011
That's an exaggeration. What about Jimmy Howard, or Mike Smith?

Possible he's DW's target, which is a little scary. I could live with Howard but I wouldn't like it. I'm hoping he pulls a rabbit out of his butt and we end up with a top 10 goalie nobody thought was available, Rask/Jones or Bishop, or he pulls some magic and gets Elliot in a larger deal that also nabs us Shattenkirk. Really don't want someone like Ward.

Le Rosbeef

Jul 27, 2007
Niemi's contract is another reason to credit Wilson for all the stick he gets.

He is not worth those numbers at all, and 3 years is no sniff of an investment either.

Gilligans Island

Jul 2, 2006
SF/Bay Area
At this point, whomever he signs/trades for, I don't really care so long as it's no more than $4M AAV and 2 years max.

He's lost out on his top targets so just get a(nother) goalie to tied things over for a couple seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad