Who Do You Think Is The 2nd Best Player In The Q

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackshad

Oct 12, 2002
My guess is Marc-André Fleury
then ;) Mondou, ho wait i'm an homer (i like the Cataractes)

HfxMoose

Nov 17, 2003
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Hmm that's a tough one. I'll list a few.
Mondou- Shawinigan
Hennessy- Quebec
S.Bernier- Moncton
Picard- Lewiston
Desharnais- Chicoutimi

That's just a few there's many more. Hard to pick a clear cut 2nd best. And Btw I haven't seen the rookies: Charette, Zagrapan, Radulov,Pineault, etc.

sharkyz15

Jul 13, 2003
The Dirty Dirty SC
Visit site
Crosby87 said:
Hmm that's a tough one. I'll list a few.
Mondou- Shawinigan
Hennessy- Quebec
S.Bernier- Moncton
Picard- Lewiston
Desharnais- Chicoutimi

That's just a few there's many more. Hard to pick a clear cut 2nd best. And Btw I haven't seen the rookies: Charette, Zagrapan, Radulov,Pineault, etc.

well bernier just scored a hat trick but i will go with henessy

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Crosby87 said:
Looks like Bernier is having a good game. In on every goal so far.

Look at the team he's playing against. Le Titan are in for a long season. :shakehead

Although I think Bernier is one of the top players in the Q, I'd say A-B are one of the worst teams in the Q.

Rahan

May 27, 2003
Chicoutimi
Visit site
Crosby87 said:
Anyone know how good this Marek Zagrapan guy is? strengths? weaknesses? Thanks.

I hate to be the one replying to you since I'm a (new) fan of his, but I'll try to answer that.
Let's start with weaknesses.. Well, I noticed that he's weak on the faceoffs, he's not really good at it right now. I hope he'll improve in that department as it's an important part of the game.
Now to his strenghts.. He obviously LOVES the game, which is something you can't tell about everyone. He doesn't shy away from traffic at all, even though he was checked by behind many times he was never scared to go in the corners the shift after. He's smart with the puck, likes to stand near (read in front) of the net. I think he's pretty good defensively, I'll have to watch him more but his line was perfect in helping their defensemans, he didn't float at all.
He has an pretty good wrist shot from what I've seen, not the "oh my god" (even though his top shelf wrister got a few "oh my god"'s out of my lips) type of wrist shot but still pretty good.

So that's what I have to say for now.. I'll let Duff88 tell you what he thinks :)

Rather Gingerly 1*

CrosbyIsGod said:
Bernier
Hennessy
Mondou
Picard
Pouliot
G. Latendresse
Radulov
Pineault
Desharnais
Roussin
Lapierre
O. Latendresse

I coached Lucien Deblois's kid in Atom II a few years back. I wonder what ever happened to him? I thought he was going to be a decent player

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
Not counting the rookies i would say it's between Hennessey and Picard with Mondou close behind.When you look at Bernier's skills and size you would expect him to play better than he does.Sure he racks up points against weaker teams
but other times he's not up to par.Some top scorers from last year that weren't
mentioned as contenders are Gagne ,Dixon, Tifu and Guenette.The rookies this
year will be very interesting to watch.Pouiliot is like Bernier in that his career
seems to be going either downhill or side ways and they need to step it up this
year.Guillaume Labrecque might be a guy who steps it up this year.He will have some big skates to fill in Gatineau but he should get the leadership roll now as
well as more icetime.

Last edited:

Free Edler

Enjoy retirement, boys.
Feb 27, 2002
Surrey, BC
Rather Gingerly 1 said:
I coached Lucien Deblois's kid in Atom II a few years back. I wonder what ever happened to him? I thought he was going to be a decent player
He went to prospect camp with the Canucks but, like every other non-Canuck prospect brought in (except for Kyle Bruce, who scored a contract with Manitoba), he was released.

Rather Gingerly 1*

Kirk Pedersen said:
He went to prospect camp with the Canucks but, like every other non-Canuck prospect brought in (except for Kyle Bruce, who scored a contract with Manitoba), he was released.

Does Dominic have a career in the NHL? He was a good kid. I hope he does well

X-SHARKIE

nomorekids said:
is there any other sharks prospects you can squeeze into that sentence?

matter of fact, is there any other threads you can squeeze sharks prospects into?

I resent that, although I am a Sharks fan :)

Steve Bernier 2002-2003 was a hungry player, and just dominated before his draft and was awesome.....he still sometimes just wins a game on his own.....but really he reminds me alot of Danny Heatley in his last year with the Badgers, Bernier looks board and looks like he wants to move on.

Hennessy is great as well.

I wouldnt say that throwing their names into this is bad at all....Bernier and Hennessy are top talents in the Q.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
X-SHARKIE said:
I resent that, although I am a Sharks fan :)

Steve Bernier 2002-2003 was a hungry player, and just dominated before his draft and was awesome.....he still sometimes just wins a game on his own.....but really he reminds me alot of Danny Heatley in his last year with the Badgers, Bernier looks board and looks like he wants to move on.

Hennessy is great as well.

I wouldnt say that throwing their names into this is bad at all....Bernier and Hennessy are top talents in the Q.

i was referring more to the fact that sharkyz is kind of known for that ;)

moosefan

Feb 27, 2002
Halifax, Nova Scotia
I see people hype Roussin. IMO without Crosby, Roussin is good but not a superstar. All of his life he played with greatness, in all of Minor Hockey including AAA he played with Steve Bernier and M-A Pouliot on a line, that could make alot of people look good, then he went to Sherbrooke where he wasn't what they thought then he is now in Rimouski with Crosby...now he is an all-star, but in the games Crosby doesn't play he has trouble getting on the score sheets. IMO this is Kevin Stevens syndrom, looks like an all star playing with the maga star buy byhimself he isn't what people thought.

IM the best in the QMJHL besides Crosby comes down to Steve Bernier, Josh Hennessey, Olivier Latendresse right now.

Last edited:

Free Edler

Enjoy retirement, boys.
Feb 27, 2002
Surrey, BC
Rather Gingerly 1 said:
Does Dominic have a career in the NHL? He was a good kid. I hope he does well
He didn't look out of place in prospect camp, but he definitely needs a year or two in the minors before anyone can judge whether or not he is NHL material.

Rather Gingerly 1*

Kirk Pedersen said:
He didn't look out of place in prospect camp, but he definitely needs a year or two in the minors before anyone can judge whether or not he is NHL material.

Thanks for the reply

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
moosefan said:
I see people put down Roussin. IMO without Crosby, Roussin is good but not a superstar. All of his life he played with greatness, in all of Minor Hockey including AAA he played with Steve Bernier and M-A Pouliot on a line, that could make alot of people look good, then he went to Sherbrooke where he wasn't what they thought then he is now in Rimouski with Crosby...now he is an all-star, but in the games Crosby doesn't play he has trouble getting on the score sheets. IMO this is Kevin Stevens syndrom, looks like an all star playing with the maga star buy byhimself he isn't what people thought.

IM the best in the QMJHL besides Crosby comes down to Steve Bernier, Josh Hennessey, Olivier Latendresse right now.

Roussin will never be an NHL regular. Ever.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Bernier and Radulov are makign cases for themselves, both adding two goals tonight. Radulov has 4 goals and 3 assists in 3 games, Bernier has five goals and i'm not sure how many assists.

woop woop!

Baron Von Shark

Feb 21, 2003
CA
Visit site
Yup, Bernier and Hennessy both with 3 points for the night of 9/24.

Does anyone know for certain if Radulov and Hennessy play on the same line? I would assume they do, and if that's true...I think the two will help each other tremendously on the stat sheet this season.

Also, it looks as iff Bernier and Pineault are also on the same line, but if anyone can confirm that for me, I'd appreciate it.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com
Baron Von Shark said:
Yup, Bernier and Hennessy both with 3 points for the night of 9/24.

Does anyone know for certain if Radulov and Hennessy play on the same line? I would assume they do, and if that's true...I think the two will help each other tremendously on the stat sheet this season.

Also, it looks as iff Bernier and Pineault are also on the same line, but if anyone can confirm that for me, I'd appreciate it.

i was looking at the stats, and they assisted on each others goals both at even strength and power play, so it appears they play on a line together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad