Who do you think is most likely to be dealt?

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Eriksson,due to his age and earlier quotes by Sweeney regarding Lucic. He'll be a 30 goal guy with a top 15 center somewhere.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Eriksson,due to his age and earlier quotes by Sweeney regarding Lucic. He'll be a 30 goal guy with a top 15 center somewhere.

Yep. He'll suddenly revert back to a dynamic offensive player and everyone here will be pissed off...:laugh:

Colinsteadbruinsfan

Newfie Bruin
Nov 15, 2014
Regina, SK
I don't wanna see loui traded at all. Why does everyone want him gone he's cap friendly and does everything well. Lucic should be the guy to go and Seids . Lucic cap hit is horrible and about to be worse. I see no upside in his game he is trending downhill . I'm a homer too but come on its wishful thinking if all u guys think he is worth 6 million plus.

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
I don't understand the lopsidedness of the poll. Loui? At $4.2m per, he's a better deal than Looch who might be lost to FA or you may have to overpay to keep and you don't know from night to night whether he'll be a force, a floater, a clown.

Of course there's the other side...return...and Loui still might bring back something decent. Looch as a rental? Not sure.

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
I don't understand the lopsidedness of the poll. Loui? At $4.2m per, he's a better deal than Looch who might be lost to FA or you may have to overpay to keep and you don't know from night to night whether he'll be a force, a floater, a clown.

Of course there's the other side...return...and Loui still might bring back something decent. Looch as a rental? Not sure.

I think that it's because the poll asks who fans think will be traded, not who they want to see traded. I voted for Seidenberg being the most likely, even though I want Lucic traded of the three.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010

I think Lucic brings back dramatically more than Eriksson, and that is trying to not let my intense dislike of Eriksson as a player cloud my judgement. I believe Lucic gets you a Kelser like return, NHL ready prospect, another high prospect and a first, Eriksson you would be lucky to get one of those things in return.

bob27

Grzelcyk is a top pairing defenceman
Apr 2, 2015

Don't want Loui gone, but he looks like the most likely candidate. I doubt that Lucic gets moved. Seidenberg has almost negative trade value, so he is only going in a package deal. I think there are multiple teams looking to relieve Bruins of Eriksson. His trade value is much smaller than few years ago, but no doubt many GMs still see him as a potential 25-30 goal scorer with top two-way game.

Marchy63

Sep 16, 2006
Oshawa
Given that Bruins management seems to believe that Lucic is a franchise type player I would say it is very unlikely that he gets traded. Seidenberg would have to be a pure cap dump being that he had a pretty bad season coming off of injury. Eriksson would be the mostly choice for player that is moved out because he has some value (although less than Lucic) and is not seen as a fan favorite.

xgallantx

Sold Soul for a Cup
Oct 2, 2006
Newfoundland
Just reading this makes me cringe.....we dealt Seguin because of his attitude and some cap relief.....we got no cap relief and now we're ready to deal the main piece in the deal, or just lt him go for nada next off season...Well done Chia....

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I see Seidenberg being the most likely dealt for a few reasons.

One, his contract has three years left, and I can see Sweeney having a greater desire to get rid of his contract now and get his cap hit gone next year and the two years after, where as Lucic and Eriksson only have one year left.

D-men a always in demand across the league. I have no doubt if he was made available teams would want him, three year contract or not. While I have no idea what the return would be, he is easily movable. If he was a UFA amongst this years UFA D-man group, no question he would be pursued and likely signed fairly quickly.

As well, in particular if they re-sign McQuaid, they have quantity (not quality) at RD in Hamilton/McQuaid/Trotman/Miller and would force Seidenberg back to the left-side to start the season with Chara and Krug already locked in, and Morrow pushing for a spot.

crimsonace

Mar 7, 2010
Indianapolis, IN
I had the same idea about Seidenberg, but ... the feeling is he'll be better a year removed from his knee injury, and with Hamilton/Krug/Trotman/Miller/Morrow as the rest of the D corps, it's critical to have at least one more veteran there with Z.

It's easier to find a decent cheap depth forward than a top-4 caliber D.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad