Who do you see flipped at the dealine?

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
I just think if we're close (4 pts out), and Matthias and Arcobello have both scored 15g, why move them?

There are a lot of tryouts, If good, I would like to see extensions during the season.
I also think, as they did with Babcock, they want to clear space and wait for Stammer (If he doesn't sign)

Orfieus

Nov 2, 2012
Atlantic Canada
vjdmUA7.gif

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
I just think if we're close (4 pts out), and Matthias and Arcobello have both scored 15g, why move them?

There are a lot of tryouts, If good, I would like to see extensions during the season.
I also think, as they did with Babcock, they want to clear space and wait for Stammer (If he doesn't sign)

Although you could trade them AND then resign them as free agents again, just as they did with Winnik.

MacerV

Jul 10, 2015

Even if we somehow make it to the playoffs we will not be contending. So why move them? For The Watch.

Gutchecktime

Dec 24, 2005
Assuming everyone performs reasonably

Shawn Matthias - 2nd
Nick Spaling - 3rd
Mark Arcobello - 7th (If we're lucky)
PA Paranteau - 3rd
Matt Hunwick - 4th
Roman Polak - 2nd/3rd (depending on his season)
James Reimer (If we can get anything for him...)

Some people tend to guess too high with guesses like this but I think this is really reasonable.

Giving Hunter another 4-5 picks in rounds 2-4 over the next couple drafts would be really fantastic. And I think it's pretty clear we'll be able to replenish those two thirds we lost for Babcock/Lou really easily.

RedLeaf099*

Every player we signed to a 1 year deal (besides maybe Kadri) will almost certainly be dealt at the deadline. It's pretty clear what our objective this year is.
Tank for Matthews.
Marner won't play, Nylander won't play, Kapanen won't play.
Any little nagging injuries and we'll rest players or put them on ir.
If the team is playing above standard than it will raise Phaneuf, Bernier, Parenteau's value and then we'll trade them so we can continue tanking.

King Leaf

Jan 2, 2015
Toronto
Even if we somehow make it to the playoffs we will not be contending. So why move them? For The Watch.

Triggered, **** Olly. And yeah I think we need to keep on our trend of getting picks for expiring contracts, stay the course for at least a couple years

Hyperglide

Sep 20, 2011
Ontario, Canada
I guess there is another side to this:

What if a player is great (Matthias-25g), or we're closer to the playoffs, than the lottery?

Freidman himself said "It can't be as bad as last year"
I think it would take a lot of (sic) effort to do that again.

lol you serious? We got worse. We traded our best player and got role players. We are going to be bad. Sure we got Babcock but he isn't going to coach this team hard. Just make them look respectable.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
lol you serious? We got worse. We traded our best player and got role players. We are going to be bad. Sure we got Babcock but he isn't going to coach this team hard. Just make them look respectable.

Yes, we're just going to be bad from start to finish this time. It will be consistent sucktitude. Last season, we just started hot and had a decent record until the wheels completely fell off.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
I would love to see another Winnik deal, bc barring the Phil trade, Pits pretty much gave the Leafs those two picks for 3 months of Winnik service. Only cost the Leafs 350k. That's gotta be the best deal in history.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
It will be so funny if Babs start playing Sparks and the other goalies for a few games to test them out and see if they have potential for the NHL. Of course, the real funny part is one of them turns into Hammond 2.0.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Kadri and the other 1 year deals.

Those contracts amount to buying more draft picks.

Last edited:

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
Lou is here for a reason.

Anyone over 25 is up for grabs plus all those 1 year contracts. Lou will get the best value for each that other teams enquire about. The rest will be waived.

"There is going to be pain." This reboot has one year left.One more TD and one more draft.

Drew75

Sep 5, 2005
Assuming everyone performs reasonably

Shawn Matthias - 2nd
Nick Spaling - 3rd
Mark Arcobello - 7th (If we're lucky)
PA Paranteau - 3rd
Matt Hunwick - 4th
Roman Polak - 2nd/3rd (depending on his season)
James Reimer (If we can get anything for him...)

I think the Arcobello return will surprise you - he's a decent secondary scoring player for peanuts at the deadline - I can see a playoff team giving at least a 4th, if not a 3rd for him.

Drew75

Sep 5, 2005
Reasonable thinking is that the Leaf brass are planning to sell A LOT of players this year - hence the overabundance of players signed to both the Leafs and Marlies. I think some of the guys on AHL deals were told that if they perform, they could get a shortened NHL deal and look with the big club once we lessen our contract totals.

Szymonmf

Sep 13, 2014
Hamilton, ON
Players thta I hope but I don't expect to be traded
-Bozak: I'd take anything for him
-Lupul: I'd be asking for a 3rd pick for him, higher if he plays all games by TDL
Players that I expect to be traded 100%. Pretty much everyone on an expiring contract
-Matthias: Get a late first, maybe a second+ for him
-Nick Spaling: 2nd or 3rd+
-Arcobello: 3rd if he gets playing time
-Parentaeu: If he's scoring I'd ask for similar to Matthias
-Polak: a first

As much as I hate Robidas I don't see who would want him on a 2-year contract. I'd rather let him expire next year then buy him out as well.
JvR for the right price. an A rhd prospect + a B/C lw prospect. would add to get, unless cap dump coming back. No ruh to trade him though. 26 on a great contract
I expect Granberg, frattin to be thrown into trades as contract dumps... god i hate granberg...
I don't feel like Phaneuf' contract would be tradeable during the season. expect it to be done at Draft or July 1st IF it's going to be done at all.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad