Who do you have winning the Ted Lindsay?

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
I'd be surprised if it's not McDavid. But we'll see. I could see Karlsson and Crosby getting some heavy recognition too.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Where you hear that? Seems weird to vote before then end of the season.

"After competing fiercely against each other for 82 games a year, NHLPA members vote for the player who best embodies the skill, determination and competitive spirit of Ted Lindsay."
http://www.nhlpa.com/the-players/ted-lindsay-award

Based on that, I hope the voting didn't happen in March...

There's been a few years where the Art Ross and Hart winner overtook the Lindsay winner late in the season (Thornton/Jagr and Forsberg/Naslund), and in those yeears I've heard it mentioned that voting was done throughout the last couple weeks of the season and not after the season, which makes sense because non-playoff players basically clean out their lockers right after and the rest are focused on the playoffs. I haven't seen it confirmed anywhere though. McDavid distanced himself earlier than the others though, so it might not matter here even if it is the case though.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
With so many players this season coming out and saying how impressed they are with McDavid, it'd have to be McDavid. Plus alot of NHL players are fans of the game, it'd be ridiculous for them not to see how unique McDavid is in his skill set. Also, alot of NHL D-men have been burned by McDavid or will be burned in the future, and it'd be nice if they could say "well atleast it was the best player in the league that did it..."

snag

Feb 22, 2014
There's been a few years where the Art Ross and Hart winner overtook the Lindsay winner late in the season (Thornton/Jagr and Forsberg/Naslund), and in those yeears I've heard it mentioned that voting was done throughout the last couple weeks of the season and not after the season, which makes sense because non-playoff players basically clean out their lockers right after and the rest are focused on the playoffs. I haven't seen it confirmed anywhere though. McDavid distanced himself earlier than the others though, so it might not matter here even if it is the case though.

The NHL and NHLPA would really need to get their **** together if they can't get their ridiculously salaried employees to fill out a little questionnaire/ballot on their way out after game 82. ;)

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Connor.

Who would have thought 20 years ago the best players in the world would be named Connor and Sidney. What does the future have in store?

FinProspects

Sep 15, 2007
I mean, the voting has to happen during the season, since most players are already golfing somewhere and probably just dont care to vote anymore.

Connor has this.

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Nonsense... McDavid has higher PPG than Crosby. Why he should win?

by .001 or .002 ill take the 14 more goals with worse linemates.
if Crosby had Guentzel and Sheary for 82 games...

that said, McDavid deserves it too. either one really. idc.

Sammyjankis88

Apr 1, 2017
Norway
McDavid or Crosby. Leagues above the rest. Don't really care who wins it, both players are deserving.

Edit: on the PPG debate; McDavid also had more ice-time pr game. Not to mention Crosby was better defensively.

ProspectsSTC

Jul 12, 2014
McDavid or Crosby. Leagues above the rest. Don't really care who wins it, both players are deserving.

Edit: on the PPG debate; McDavid also had more ice-time pr game. Not to mention Crosby was better defensively.

Haven't seen anything to support the defensive argument. More ice time per game doesn't necessarily mean more points per game either, doesn't work that way

Tom Collins

Aug 26, 2013
Connor McDavid, but that's just based on opponent's answers to loaded media questions. Can't say I know how they really feel, though something tells me Doughty wasn't lying. :laugh:

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Haven't seen anything to support the defensive argument. More ice time per game doesn't necessarily mean more points per game either, doesn't work that way

Because there isn't a defensive argument, people just assume more veteran=better defensively. The only argument you could make is basically judging them defensively based on faceoffs.

Yeah, this is what I was basing my original comment on. Using the same time for when Crosby and McDavid were tied, Jagr was at 46 goals and 101 points in 68 games on March 20th, 2006 and Thornton was at 25 goals and 99 points in 65 games on March 20th. By the end of the month, the split was much different, Jagr was at 114 and Thornton was at 106. Thornton then finished the year with 19 points in 10 games (compared to 9 points in 8 games for Jagr) and won the Art Ross. I actually view what happened in 2006 to be pretty similar to what happened this year, so Crosby winning the Art Ross wouldn't be out of the question at all. It's a similar circumstance, the race was incredibly close all season until the guy who won the Art Ross went on a ridiculous tear at the end of the season.

Last edited:

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
If every player who was turned inside out by McDavid voted for him, he would run away with this award.

McSpecial DraiBlend

Feb 18, 2010
Kelowna, Canada
I pray Edmonton sign him this off season and you can see just how bat**** crazy your statement is.

Sorry I don't think he will be on our radar. Bonino possibly but not Kunitz.
Crosby is still right there with Connor and has a more all around game right now but I just think with the players voting that it will go to the kid. Expecially when you hear what everyone always is saying about him.

Old Gregg

I'm Old Gregg!!
Apr 13, 2010
Lol he'd probably be a 27 goal scorer like Maroon:laugh:
McDavid will win this IMO.

Haha you haven't watched Kunitz the past couple seasons have you.
Crosby's ppg dropped drastically once Kunitz was put on his line and the same thing happened to Malkin's when Kunitz was dropped to his line

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
I'd give it to Bobrovsky. Especially since his last game with 4GA isn't included due to the voting cutoff.

But it will probably go to McDavid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad