Who do you EXPECT to be Sabres Coach?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasekperreault23

Nov 23, 2018
So
It is somewhat concerning that Florida is expected to announce Q-Stache as their new head coach tomorrow, and that Florida has been rumored to be all-in on Panarin and Bobrovsky since, like, mid-season. This clearly indicates that Florida has been planning this for quite some time (like, most of this entire season). We'll see if it all comes to fruition, but if they get Quenneville, that certainly suggests what's to come. If Florida gets their **** together, the Sabres are in a bad place. They have 6 months to become a legitimate NHL team.
So your assuming we won't improve even from within? Maybe I am optimistic in the development of Dahlin, Ollofson, Mitts,PilutNylander, and hopefully Borgen,Smith, O'Reagen.Additionally sign skinner and move some pieces out and sign Hayes or Ferland

Hasekperreault23

Nov 23, 2018
Because Bylsma had both of those and we got equally burned on that deal.
However Housley was the worst coach I ever saw..AV for me..Anyone have an opinion on Boughner? Loved him in Windsor, how did he do in Florida or was he just a sacrificial lamb?

Montag DP

Sabres fan in...
Apr 4, 2007
...Maryland
I don't believe many want this job.
It shouldn't be that hard to sell. You've got a 1C and 1D, some decent complementary pieces, good prospects on the way up, and an owner that will hand out a fat check. There are certainly worse destinations.

Tsyolin

Amerks Enthusiast
May 26, 2018
DC
I'm not convinced that Vigneault is the right man to coach a very young team but I wouldn't be surprised if he's a target for the job. He'd probably be the most controversial hire in recent memory.

Gabrielor

"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
I'm not convinced that Vigneault is the right man to coach a very young team but I wouldn't be surprised if he's a target for the job. He'd probably be the most controversial hire in recent memory.

Based on everything I’ve read, there will be no solidarity in our coach choice. Some group will be unhappy.

"Craigs on it"
Apr 9, 2012
Canada
Despite Dahlin and Eichel I’m not sure this job is attractive. Let’s be honest here, the Sabres are not exactly a hot place to be, especially with all the firings over the years.

Botterill simply CANNOT get this hiring wrong. He’s essentially putting his job on the line with this hiring.

If Bruce Boudreau is available he’s probably my number one guy. He’s terrific.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
We're going to end up with Vigneault. I don't like it because I think it's Bylsma 2.0, but the Pegulas throw money at names and expect results. I honestly just wish we would do the right thing and install a President and a young coach and keep Botts as GM.

I just don't get how the Bills are doing everything right and the Sabres can't get an organizational issue handled at this point. The hiring/firing of LaFontaine is the lowlight of Kim's reign for this team.

The nfl is an offensive league and they have no top tier or even second tier playmakers for their young innacurate QB. And are about to use another top pick on defense.

Everything right is about to land them another 6-8 win season as everyone wonders why.

Ace

Oct 29, 2015
The guy made the playoffs and won a series with 3 different teams. If he doesn't make the playoffs here it's not going to be his fault.

Except that it definitely could, if he’s another Scandella over Pilut, Sobotka over the world guy which many say he will be.

Tsyolin

Amerks Enthusiast
May 26, 2018
DC
Based on everything I’ve read, there will be no solidarity in our coach choice. Some group will be unhappy.

That's an understatement for Vigneault. There are people that are unsure about Taylor, and then there are people that don't want Vigneault to have anything to do with this team.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I think Taylor will be way better than Rolston was.

I also expect Tails to be the hire after nobody else really wants the job.

I think Taylor is a better coach than Rolston, but the same sort of conditions apply -- not doing due diligence and finding a quality candidate, thus falling back on who is already in-house.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I think Taylor is a better coach than Rolston, but the same sort of conditions apply -- not doing due diligence and finding a quality candidate, thus falling back on who is already in-house.

I think the issue will be getting someone to say Yes ala reaching out to Q and getting a No Thanks.

Although, maybe they can get a guy like Jacques Martin...

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Simple question. Who do you EXPECT to be the Sabres coach (not to be confused with who you WANT them to hire).

My leading candidates are Alain Vigneault, Jacques Martin, and Chris Taylor.

Follow up question: are you going to complain as we watch all the best available coaches being hired?
We're in the homestretch now. Vigneault left the track and ran off to parts unknown. Taylor threw a shoe rounding the second turn fell off the pace. Victory is within the grasp of the slowest horse in the race, Jacques Martin.

Reactions: MagnumForce2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad