Who do you EXPECT to be Sabres Coach?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
Simple question. Who do you EXPECT to be the Sabres coach (not to be confused with who you WANT them to hire).

My leading candidates are Alain Vigneault, Jacques Martin, and Chris Taylor.

Follow up question: are you going to complain as we watch all the best available coaches being hired?

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
I expect it'll be Vigneault, Boughner or Taylor. Outside chance at Barnes.

If it's AV, no I won't complain about the best available coaches being hired.

Boughner/Taylor/Barnes? Fire up the complaint machine.

Daz28

Nov 1, 2010
This is kind of a loaded question, because we SHOULD expect the best guy out there, right. That was the Pegula premise of multiple cups, right??? So the obvious answer is coach Q.

I'm already whining, because he should have been in talks with available coaches for weeks now, but he didn't even bring the suggestion to Pegula until this morning.

Tatre

Jan 12, 2019
Early signs point to AV: Team Canada with Botteril, getting praised on The Instigators sort of counts
Though I'm wary of him, I'll be optimistic if he's what they get.

toomuchsauce

Jan 7, 2015
It is somewhat concerning that Florida is expected to announce Q-Stache as their new head coach tomorrow, and that Florida has been rumored to be all-in on Panarin and Bobrovsky since, like, mid-season. This clearly indicates that Florida has been planning this for quite some time (like, most of this entire season). We'll see if it all comes to fruition, but if they get Quenneville, that certainly suggests what's to come. If Florida gets their shit together, the Sabres are in a bad place. They have 6 months to become a legitimate NHL team.

toomuchsauce

Jan 7, 2015
(Hypothetically, of course)

We get rejected by Quenneville and go with AV instead. This doesn't remind me of anything. There is nothing familiar about this at all. But, having said that, I'm confident that, this time, it will go better. So, actually, this would be good.

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
Stu Barnes ticks the boxes as both former Sabre player, former Pen, and currently an untested assistant.

And yes, I will complain that they are not signing the most well-known candidates. :D
stu barnes might make a good coach one day. not saying he should be a head candidate or anything but i think his personality would work well in that role somewhere at some point

Bferra13

Apr 7, 2019
Just please someone who has nothing to do with Pittsburgh. Sick of these guys for the Sabres and Bills. Housley was the exception.

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC
We're going to end up with Vigneault. I don't like it because I think it's Bylsma 2.0, but the Pegulas throw money at names and expect results. I honestly just wish we would do the right thing and install a President and a young coach and keep Botts as GM.

I just don't get how the Bills are doing everything right and the Sabres can't get an organizational issue handled at this point. The hiring/firing of LaFontaine is the lowlight of Kim's reign for this team.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
We're going to end up with Vigneault. I don't like it because I think it's Bylsma 2.0, but the Pegulas throw money at names and expect results. I honestly just wish we would do the right thing and install a President and a young coach and keep Botts as GM.

I just don't get how the Bills are doing everything right and the Sabres can't get an organizational issue handled at this point. The hiring/firing of LaFontaine is the lowlight of Kim's reign for this team.

Bylsma inherited 2 of the 3 best forwards in the game and lucked out with a cup. He coached only 1 team. AV has been to the playoffs with 3 different franchises. AV is not a Bylsma, he is a Barry Trotz going to Washington...vet coach always in the playoffs but just lacking a cup.

AV has been a coach since the mid 80s. He has coached 4 seperate QMJHL, was the assistant coach for Ottawa and coached 3 seperate franchises and made the playoffs with all 3 making the finals with 2. He also coached in the AHL. A coach who has been successful in 3 different leagues is nothing like Bylsma. I am getting more and more excited for AV.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006

The guy made the playoffs and won a series with 3 different teams. If he doesn't make the playoffs here it's not going to be his fault.

Tsyolin

Amerks Enthusiast
May 26, 2018
DC
Taylor, especially if the Amerks go on a deep run in the playoffs. He fits the bill of "promoting from within" that Pittsburgh had always done while Botts was there.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
Taylor, especially if the Amerks go on a deep run in the playoffs. He fits the bill of "promoting from within" that Pittsburgh had always done while Botts was there.
Not the time. He'll get the call next if he stays consistent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->