Speculation: Who do you call up after we make trades?

Mr Sakich

Mar 8, 2002
Motel 35
vimeo.com
Post Trade Deadline trial period

Willis has a good article on inserting lander and Pitlick after the deadline. It is time to find out if they are real NHL players. Are there any other post deadline trials?

I would like to see Gordon between Perron and Eberle as our 2nd line. This would be a power vs power matching line where they would go up against the other teams best line whenever possible. Perron and Gordon have decent defensive awareness while Eberle is a one shot threat. All three are good puck movers.

The reason I would like to see this tried is that it could be a decent 2nd line. Size + defensive awareness with some scoring. Replacing the 3rd line centre position would be much easier than trying to find a 2nd line centre with size, skill, and some defence.

Any other things you guys would like to see if they worked?

Supermassive

HISS, HISS
Feb 19, 2007
Sherwood Park
Hasn't the organization proved by now that they can't evaluate anyone, let alone marginal talents?

How can the call ups prove themselves with what is certain to be a further depleted blue line and a couple vets up front?

Sorry, I don't find anything at all to be interesting about these post-deadline Oilers squads. Heck, you can get $15 tickets at stubhub and from some pretty sad sellers at the door.

A beggar's banquet.

McDeathbyCheerios*

Willis has a good article on inserting lander and Pitlick after the deadline. It is time to find out if they are real NHL players. Are there any other post deadline trials?

I would like to see Gordon between Perron and Eberle as our 2nd line. This would be a power vs power matching line where they would go up against the other teams best line whenever possible. Perron and Gordon have decent defensive awareness while Eberle is a one shot threat. All three are good puck movers.

The reason I would like to see this tried is that it could be a decent 2nd line. Size + defensive awareness with some scoring. Replacing the 3rd line centre position would be much easier than trying to find a 2nd line centre with size, skill, and some defence.

Any other things you guys would like to see if they worked?
So you are thinking something like this...

Hall - RNH - Yakupov
Perron - Gordon - Eberle
Jones - Hendricks - Pitlick
Gazdic - Lander - Joensuu

That's doesn't seem to bad.
Gives our second line a good face off guy to start them off with the puck to make plays. Hendricks is a center as well so that stops us from having to find a new third line center this year and returns Jones who looked good with Hendricks to that line.

If honestly give our OKC defenders a shot up here and see how they look. Fedun, Klefbom and Gernat could all come play a few games as well.

We could also bring Arcobello back up and make the third line

Hendricks - Arcobello - Pitlick

Then move Jones to the fourth line.

I think from trade deadline to the end of the year the games should be used as taking the players we have, seeing what they can do then as the season ends get rid of the ones that don't have a future here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad