Who do we want in the first round?

Who you want the avs to play?

• Total voters

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
The team that actually poses a challenge, the Avs had way too many easy 1st rounds only to get a rude awakening in the 2nd round.
Yeah, I don't want a breezy first round only to go up against Minnesota or Nashville right after. Give me a challenge to start the run this time.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
True answer is anybody, but Vegas first round. Not for revenge, but if Avs are able to beat them I think they will carry a ton of momentum and could reach the finals. If they lose against them, then Sakic/Co. knows that the current roster is fundamentally flawed.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
True answer is anybody, but Vegas first round. Not for revenge, but if Avs are able to beat them I think they will carry a ton of momentum and could reach the finals. If they lose against them, then Sakic/Co. knows that the current roster is fundamentally flawed.
Beating Vegas in the first round would definitely be nice. Get it over with

Bill Peckerskull

Fargin' Icehole
Feb 19, 2003
Castle Rock, CO
LA would be the easiest opponent of the realistic options, IMO.

Would rather not play Preds with Saros, or Calgary with Markstrom. Calgary is the scariest 1st round opponent, IMO.

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
Kings, Ducks, Stars or the Oilers are the most likely 1st round matchups at this point.

The Avs will be significantly better than any opening round opponent no matter who it is.

Jayevs

Formerly avsman
Jul 29, 2010
I think the wild are much more likely to be a second round matchup than first, I voted Anaheim as I don’t think sjs is realistic

Reactions: Reparlana

Gruyeriev

Shut your five hole
Apr 14, 2021
Unfortunately the Avs are 1-2 against Minnesota all time in the postseason, I think. And about the only Avs moment that hurts more than Andrew Brunette moving at the speed of taxes to end Patrick Roy's career is the Statue of Liberty gaffe in game 6 against the Wings in 2002.

I'd like to see the Wylde in round 1. It would be an enormously stressful, but fun series I think.
Brunette will be waiting for us in the finals with the Panthers. A repeat of our first cup. I hate rats!

Freaky Styley

Aug 14, 2007
redlinerapport.blogspot.ca
Unfortunately the Avs are 1-2 against Minnesota all time in the postseason, I think. And about the only Avs moment that hurts more than Andrew Brunette moving at the speed of taxes to end Patrick Roy's career is the Statue of Liberty gaffe in game 6 against the Wings in 2002.

I'd like to see the Wylde in round 1. It would be an enormously stressful, but fun series I think.
We are going to beat the Wild in round one and beat Brunette's Panthers in a 96 finals rematch to exercise all demons

Reactions: Pokecheque

katfude

Sep 25, 2015
aEG9ByjIfupJXakkac.gif

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
I voted Vancouver simply because they're the worst team on the list. But realistically one of the California teams would be good.

Gruyeriev

Shut your five hole
Apr 14, 2021
I voted the Wild. Hate them but you have to go through everybody. Highly doubtful we face them in the first round.

Hennessy

Ye Jacobites, by name
Dec 20, 2006
On my keister
After that thread on the main board calling the Wild the Cup favorites out of the West, I voted for them.
God, how I hate them and their casserole-eating fans.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00