Who do we want in the first round?

Who you want the avs to play?

• Total voters

avsfan9

Jul 28, 2011
Who would you like to see the avs play in round 1 of the playoffs? Pretty much a handful of realistic possibilities.also, who would you rather not play and why?

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
The Wild because that would mean they have collapsed in the 2nd half of the season and I always enjoy seeing this.

Honestly though there are not really any teams that I want in particular. I would prefer though it is a team with a weaker goalie because a guy like Markstrom for example could easily steal a series IMO. However if it is them...so be it.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
I'd rather not face the Wild in round 1.

Too close in style to Dallas/Vegas that beat us in the previous 2 years.

Also they gave Vegas a hell of a fight in round 1 last year and they are better this year.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Anaheim would probably be my pick, that team has no business being where they are in the standings. I'd be a little nervous about Gibson stealing a game or two, but those rosters are dramatically lopsided.

Now do a thread for nightmare first round matchup, and only include Dallas on the list of options.

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
I don't see Nashville getting by us in the 1st round, but I also don't know what would need to happen to meet them in the 1st round

Heyduke

Oct 31, 2019
The Wild. It would be a fun series, and if they are going to compete for a cup, they should fear no one. Plus, finally slaying the dragon and beating the Wild in the first round would really be a poetic way to start a cup run.

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
The Wild. It would be a fun series, and if they are going to compete for a cup, they should fear no one. Plus, finally slaying the dragon and beating the Wild in the first round would really be a poetic way to start a cup run.

Colorado beat Minisoda in Rd 1 of the 2008 SC playoffs. So, they’d be re-slaying the dragon. :badidea:

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Colorado beat Minisoda in Rd 1 of the 2008 SC playoffs. So, they’d be re-slaying the dragon. :badidea:

Unfortunately the Avs are 1-2 against Minnesota all time in the postseason, I think. And about the only Avs moment that hurts more than Andrew Brunette moving at the speed of taxes to end Patrick Roy's career is the Statue of Liberty gaffe in game 6 against the Wings in 2002.

I'd like to see the Wylde in round 1. It would be an enormously stressful, but fun series I think.

falconski

Unregistered User
Jan 21, 2008
hopefully someone that's not a super tough win but a little better than last year's blues or the bubble's yotes (so we don't get complacent)

preds, wild, flames, knights out due to being a better 2nd/3rd round series

I guess the kings?

falconski

Unregistered User
Jan 21, 2008
Unfortunately the Avs are 1-2 against Minnesota all time in the postseason, I think. And about the only Avs moment that hurts more than Andrew Brunette moving at the speed of taxes to end Patrick Roy's career is the Statue of Liberty gaffe in game 6 against the Wings in 2002.

I'd like to see the Wylde in round 1. It would be an enormously stressful, but fun series I think.
I can't picture avs-green filth not being 1-2 in the central at seasons end, it's only a matter of time until they pass the preds

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio

sad-walk-of-shame.gif

Reactions: Jazzguitar

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille