Trade Deadline Day thread (new title)

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Consolidate assets in some way. Trade any 2-3 players from the middle of our depth chart for someone that can play at the top. It’s obvious how much of an impact that a perennial 50 player like Nyquist can impact this team and help our top 6 and special teams. Most of all, go after a skilled player that will fit in with the team and be here for the long haul.

Agree pretty much with your assessment that I left out of what I quoted above. The remainder is a good plan, but I don't think it will be easy in any way to accomplish.

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida
Hey! What would you guys interested in for Ande-

oh for g-d's sake now the andy-to-bruins folks are ****ing invading I'm just going to set the whole damn world on fire now

source.gif

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
We have guys that could be traded, they just don't have the value to return what we need. So stand pat unless Stan Bowman comes to us with another doozy.

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
I also don't like the idea of moving Savard as I don't think he will cost a ton on his next contract

I expect he’ll get over $5 million for more years than I would want to commit to him.

Most teams wouldn’t let a guy of his ability get to free agency. We are deep enough at defense that we can let him leave.

Last edited:
Reactions: Madifer and EspenK

Finner

Dec 8, 2018
Murray and Vehviläinen for top6 forward. Andys contract ends summer so what is his trade value?

Potential tradepieces

Murray
Andy
Milano
Savard
Vehviläinen

Reactions: The Bread Man

jacketsnation

Jul 25, 2017
Josh Anderson ( feel like we have to many guys like this. Power forwards with average hands ) some teams need to add strength to their roster would be good trade chip)

Ryan Murray ( wont get much for him, i would just keep him for expansion draft)

Alexander Wennberg ( same thing wont get much for him and i would keep him for expansion draft)

David Savard ( really good dman, blocks shots and can put up points. But if you want top line guys you have to give up someone. We are stacked at D

Markus Nutivaara ( young guy with lots of potential. Again lots of D depth we need to offer someone to get top line guys

Alexandre Texier ( very interesting prospect. Could be bottom 6 forward or blossom into top 6 guy. I for one would trade a potential prospect for a sure thing. We need help now. To many guys developing!!

Emil Bemstrom ( same goes for benstrom. I would want more for him over texier but if offer was right i would package him.

Any two of these guys for top line center would be my trade offer!

Reactions: LetsGOJackets!!

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Josh Anderson ( feel like we have to many guys like this. Power forwards with average hands ) some teams need to add strength to their roster would be good trade chip)

Ryan Murray ( wont get much for him, i would just keep him for expansion draft)

Alexander Wennberg ( same thing wont get much for him and i would keep him for expansion draft)

David Savard ( really good dman, blocks shots and can put up points. But if you want top line guys you have to give up someone. We are stacked at D

Markus Nutivaara ( young guy with lots of potential. Again lots of D depth we need to offer someone to get top line guys

Alexandre Texier ( very interesting prospect. Could be bottom 6 forward or blossom into top 6 guy. I for one would trade a potential prospect for a sure thing. We need help now. To many guys developing!!

Emil Bemstrom ( same goes for benstrom. I would want more for him over texier but if offer was right i would package him.

Any two of these guys for top line center would be my trade offer!
Your first 4 are right on, and the most likely to be traded at trade deadline or this summer, or a combination . Texier and Bemstrom are not going anywhere . Anderson could be a trade candidate as well . Jarmo is not going to lose a quality player like William Karlsson at the last expansion draft . The plan was always to recoup the picks lost last year , starting this year with the depth we have , and Jarmo will execute that plan . Savard and Murray both are expendable , as is Wennberg.

Reactions: Cowumbus

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Earlier I said I’d add more thoughts on @CBJWennberg10 post. So......

I’m lukewarm to dealing much at the trade deadline. Possibly it makes sense to acquire some draft picks for Murray or Nuti or a spare part forward.

But what we need isn’t going to come at the trade deadline. That need is the same one we’ve had for the past several years - a true top 6 center. Only for a couple of months have we had one and it was clear how our lines filled out so much better when we did. Acquiring one will happen only in the off season.

Getting that center will require more than a few spare parts that; it will require a player other GMs value. While Jones or Zach would prime the pump, we’re not trading them. The one guy who excites other GMs is Josh Anderson. He’s the guy who brings a different look to a roster and naturally a reason we love him. I can already hear the howls. But it takes something of value to get something of value.

Here’s my take. For us, Andy is our 3rd line RW - a darn good RW (forget this year) but still playing the 3rd. Our need for a top 6 center is bigger than his value in this role as we have no one close to being a viable top 6 C. It’s certainly not Boone, an average or so 3rd line center, and we have no idea if Tex fills the bill. Short of an unlikely UFA signing, A good return of a quality center for Andy (and likely a DMan or pick) is our best avenue to filling a position that if not filled, puts a ceiling on the Blue Jackets.

If there’s another package that nets one, I’m all ears. But this is the one I see.

Last edited:
Reactions: CBJWennberg10

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
One way to decide if a trade is good is by asking yourself if Larkin played for the CBJ and Yzerman called us up offering Murray and Anderson, would we bite? I'm not sure I would.
Neither would I. Frankly, Anderson shouldn't be in trade talks at all from any side, IMO - selling low means we're likely to get ripped off, and nobody's going to take him at the value we rate him at because he's too much of a serious gamble. He's just not useful as a trade asset right now.

Murray has a similar "folks are not eager to pay for gamble assets" issue, but at least he's been playing well when he's been on the ice, so there's at least a chance. Andy doesn't even have that this season.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Earlier I said I’d add more thoughts on @CBJWennberg10 post. So......

I’m lukewarm to dealing much at the trade deadline. Possibly it makes sense to acquire some draft picks for Murray or Nuti or a spare part forward.

But what we need isn’t going to come at the trade deadline. That need is the same one we’ve had for the past several years - a true top 6 center. Only for a couple of months have we had one and it was clear how our lines filled out so much better when we did. Acquiring one will happen only in the off season.

Getting that center will require more than a few spare parts that; it will require a player other GMs value. While Jones or Zach would prime the pump, we’re not trading them. The one guy who excites other GMs is Josh Anderson. He’s the guy who brings a different look to a roster and naturally a reason we love him. I can already hear the howls. But it takes something of value to get something of value.

Here’s my take. For us, Andy is our 3rd line RW - a darn good RW (forget this year) but still playing the 3rd. Our need for a top 6 center is bigger than his value in this role as we have no one close to being a viable top 6 C. It’s certainly not Boone, an average or so 3rd line center, and we have no idea if Tex fills the bill. Short of an unlikely UFA signing, A good return of a quality center for Andy (and likely a DMan or pick) is our best avenue to filling a position that if not filled, puts a ceiling on the Blue Jackets.

If there’s another package that nets one, I’m all ears. But this is the one I see.
How do we really know what we have in Tex ? A natural center has played what , maybe 4 games at center under Torts ? Not to mention Foudy possibly could have made the team out of camp, had it not been for his injury . I expect the jackets to be sellers at the deadline , regardless of how close they are to the playoffs come trade deadline . Offseason interviews with JD prior to him leaving, and Jarmo said the plan was to recoup the picks lost from going all in , and we have a handful of players that have become replaced by younger , cheaper talent . Savard, Murray, Anderson, Wennberg. At the trade deadline, those first 3 pieces have a really good return . With expansion draft coming up, I expect Jarmo to be especially active in making moves

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
How do we really know what we have in Tex ? A natural center has played what , maybe 4 games at center under Torts ? Not to mention Foudy possibly could have made the team out of camp, had it not been for his injury . I expect the jackets to be sellers at the deadline , regardless of how close they are to the playoffs come trade deadline . Offseason interviews with JD prior to him leaving, and Jarmo said the plan was to recoup the picks lost from going all in , and we have a handful of players that have become replaced by younger , cheaper talent . Savard, Murray, Anderson, Wennberg. At the trade deadline, those first 3 pieces have a really good return . With expansion draft coming up, I expect Jarmo to be especially active in making moves
You may be right about Jarmo wanting to acquire picks. And several of those guys can do that. But I have no interest in trading Andy for picks. For me it’s a top 6 C or he likely stays a Jacket. I understand @Viqsi ’s concern about selling low, but his past performance and “big and fast guy aura” will keep GMs overlooking this past year.

For me, Tex is a big maybe on becoming a top 6 C. He may or may not be a top 6 forward. But banking on that isn’t a game I’d play if I have an option. As to Foudy, no report I’ve read projects him as a top 6 player. He is invariably referenced as a 3rd line player.

Just as an aside, you may be right that Savard is dealt at the deadline. I admit I’d like to keep him and extend for a short term if that’s possible. The money is probably doable if our other Dmen include Gavrikov, Kukan and Peeke - all of whom will be contract friendly.

While I’m at it, I’ll just say if you can trade Wennberg more power to you. He still looks like a buy-out as best-out.

Reactions: Toe Pick

Tony Quinn

May 20, 2014
Trading Josh Anderson would be a big mistake. Just because he's hurt this year, let's not forgot how he was coming into his own just last year. He should be the type of guy they are looking to acquire. After the departures last off season, him and Jones were probably the 2 most desirable players another team would covet, you can throw PLD in that group too. There's no reason to trade him unless you're getting elite elite in return. He's only 25 and just entering his prime.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Just kind of tossing it around a bit. IF Korpi & Elvis continue to play like #1 goalies and VV is considered a viable NHL goalie then I could see the value in trading one of them (Korpi/Elvis) to upgrade the top 6 F's, preferably with a solid 2C and maybe a pick/prospect or two.

Considering that we can only protect one in the expansion draft I think this is something Jarmo has to think about.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
Trading Josh Anderson would be a big mistake. Just because he's hurt this year, let's not forgot how he was coming into his own just last year. He should be the type of guy they are looking to acquire. After the departures last off season, him and Jones were probably the 2 most desirable players another team would covet, you can throw PLD in that group too. There's no reason to trade him unless you're getting elite elite in return. He's only 25 and just entering his prime.
Let’s be real, Jarmo isn’t selling low on Anderson . If Anderson is dangled out there , gms aren’t like fans, they know what he brings, and would be highly coveted . I could see Murray and Anderson to Toronto for Nylander . Toronto needs more bite for the playoffs , a trade like that would be something Jarmo could listen to . Then you still have Savard , you could most likely get a 1st rnd pick for at deadline . I’m just throwing out ideas . There is a lot of pieces that can be leveraged at the deadline .

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
I wonder who holds more value around the league and to the jackets, Bjorkstrand or Andy.

Not suggesting trading either, just value.

Finner

Dec 8, 2018
This way too optimistic but can we go and discuss trade for Laine? He has bridge contract what makes Jets manager having an issue what to do? Thoughts and prayers?

Reactions: LetsGOJackets!!

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
This way too optimistic but can we go and discuss trade for Laine? He has bridge contract what makes Jets manager having an issue what to do? Thoughts and prayers?

Laine would be a great get but he’s not getting moved, and he’s also not the position we need. But can never say no to a great player like him.

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio

Laine was only bridged because he had such a weird season last year. He scored 21 goals in October and November and then 9 goals from December on. He also finished -24 for the season. This year he is back to being a point per game player. My guess is the Jets would want Jones. Or PLD plus.

The opportunity to get Laine was last summer with an offer sheet, but no team was confident enough that he would bounce back to make an offer and be locked into $10 million plus and give up the picks.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
If someone overpays for him we should be all over it, Robinson is showing flashes of Anderson

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad