Who do we draft at #3? (Re-Poll)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
I'm going to throw in with Marner, since he brings a dynamic the team lacks.

Hanifin is a close second though, a beautiful skater who's an eraser on the back end, he'll just take the puck away with skating, or anticipation, or hands, or using the body. Just got every tool you wanna see.

That said of course I'd take a single Eichel over Marner+Hanifin.

BakedBuffalo

**** run 4 Chychrun
Oct 29, 2014
Buffalo, NY
Such a hard decision. I've gone back and forth so much. #3 is the most intriguing position in the draft. I'm pretty set on wanting a forward now though, so probably Strome or Marner.

ZeroPT*

Marner. He's elite in every category save size. Hanifin is great but I don't think we need him and when drafting for an elite position, yes need does come into play. Strome? eh. I like him but his skating is just so mehh. And I want to see more of him away from McJesus. He plays on a different line but in juniors, QOC is so important. It's the difference between playing against Nurse+DeAngelo and a couple maybe AHLers. I know he exploded against Niagra but even taking that game into consideration his PPG is only slightly above that of Reinhart. Marner is also much quicker and more dynamic which apart from Kane, we have basically none of.

So for those reasons, Marner. Plus, it's not like we can't have him play on a different line that Reinhart and give us 2 legitimate top lines, a la Chicago with Toews and Kane.

Montag DP

Sabres fan in...
Apr 4, 2007
...Maryland
I've also gone back and forth on this a lot. Right now I'm leaning towards Marner, mainly because our top 6 is really slow. But I'm not sure if I'm ready to commit with a vote. :D I voted Strome in the last one.

My Cozen Dylan

Feb 21, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
Marner. He's elite in every category save size. Hanifin is great but I don't think we need him and when drafting for an elite position, yes need does come into play. Strome? eh. I like him but his skating is just so mehh. And I want to see more of him away from McJesus. He plays on a different line but in juniors, QOC is so important. It's the difference between playing against Nurse+DeAngelo and a couple maybe AHLers. I know he exploded against Niagra but even taking that game into consideration his PPG is only slightly above that of Reinhart. Marner is also much quicker and more dynamic which apart from Kane, we have basically none of.

So for those reasons, Marner. Plus, it's not like we can't have him play on a different line that Reinhart and give us 2 legitimate top lines, a la Chicago with Toews and Kane.

For the record Strome had most of his points even strength playing 2C behind McDavid.

ZeroPT*

For the record Strome had most of his points even strength playing 2C behind McDavid.

I know, that's my main criticism. When I say away from McDavid I mean like, no McDavid. I want him to produce at his rate when he's the 1C and getting all the tough match ups. As I said, in juniors, 1st pairing D-men and 2nd pairing D-men is a huge gulf.

My Cozen Dylan

Feb 21, 2014
Jacksonville, FL
I know, that's my main criticism. When I say away from McDavid I mean like, no McDavid. I want him to produce at his rate when he's the 1C and getting all the tough match ups. As I said, in juniors, 1st pairing D-men and 2nd pairing D-men is a huge gulf.

Gotcha. For the record, I was at the IceDogs-Otters game. He had the 1C minutes and looked phenomenal. 4 G and 2 A.

He had 35 in 21 w/o McD this year taking 1C duties. That's still over 100 points extrapolated.

ZeroPT*

Gotcha. For the record, I was at the IceDogs-Otters game. He had the 1C minutes and looked phenomenal. 4 G and 2 A.

He had 35 in 21 w/o McD this year taking 1C duties. That's still over 100 points extrapolated.
I know. I mentioned it in my post. Those are Reinhart numbers. Marner scored at a 2 PPG pace the whole year, and his best period of production is when Domi was at the world juniors and he was basically producing McDavid numbers. He's exploded in the playoffs too.

I have questions about Strome. Skating and production. Marner? it's just his weight. Not even his size. He's the closest thing to Kane since Kane. An elite talent. Strome? I want to see more.

explore

I was wrong about Don Granato and TNT
Jun 28, 2011
Marner. Fills a need and is looking like BPA.

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Because last week it was Strome hysteria .... now this week it's Marner.

What have you done for me lately.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
I'd love any of them but given Risto's emergence Hanifan at BPA becomes questionable to me and Im a huge Strome fan so I go with him but I realy could care less. If we pick third im equally disappointed and impartial to all 3 considering the let down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad