Speculation: Who do the Oilers sign?

• Thread starter MPStoEberletoHall*
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
There aren't really any high calibre third line centers on the market. They're either 2Cs like Weiss/Ribeiro/Grabovski or 4Cs like Gordon/Lapierre. I'd target a guy like Zack Smith via trade.

Ya i agree about those players; Weiss and Grabo are sort of 2.5's so to speak.
I know a lot of people are on the Zach Smith bandwagon right now, i don't know much about him though, is he a legit 3C? Cause some people think he'd be in over his head a bit at 3C.

HeavyHitter99

Jun 18, 2013
Glad you agree; interested to know who you would like as 2LW, 3C and 3RW? I do agree that maybe someone a bit tougher than Grabo should anchor our 3rd line.

Trade Smith and maybe greening to the Oilers for Hemsky (or maybe just Smith). Smith isn't tough but he is tougher and could play 3rd line center. Sign boyd Gordon for 4th line C. If we can't get a big center for third line then Matt Cullen would be a lot cheaper than grabovski. Benoit Pouliot or Peter Mueller would be decent third line RWs. They have some size not exactly tough though. Maybe Clarke MacArthur or Ryan Clowe for second line LW? Clowe is slow but he has good size

HeavyHitter99

Jun 18, 2013
Ya i agree about those players; Weiss and Grabo are sort of 2.5's so to speak.
I know a lot of people are on the Zach Smith bandwagon right now, i don't know much about him though, is he a legit 3C? Cause some people think he'd be in over his head a bit at 3C.

I worry about Zack Smith being in over his head too

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012
Trade Smith and maybe greening to the Oilers for Hemsky (or maybe just Smith). Smith isn't tough but he is tougher and could play 3rd line center. Sign boyd Gordon for 4th line C. If we can't get a big center for third line then Matt Cullen would be a lot cheaper than grabovski. Benoit Pouliot or Peter Mueller would be decent third line RWs. They have some size not exactly tough though. Maybe Clarke MacArthur or Ryan Clowe for second line LW? Clowe is slow but he has good size

Ahh i forgot about Cullen. MacArthur I would be all for as a 2/3LW playing above or below Paajarvi (in the event that Paajarvi progresses to a 2nd liner).

plikestechno

Mar 14, 2008
**** yeah. Ference is a pylon. Managed to make the Bruins look mortal almost any time he was on the ice. Clearest weak link stuff and a guy that you'd try to not have on the ice much. Hawks particularly were feasting chances with Ference on the ice.

Can't stand Ference. With my luck he's an Oiler tomorrow:rant:

Stauffer was pumping his tires so its probably happening. I would rather have fistric or Whitney back. I'm not even kidding. Ference is done, he was awful during the playoffs and is probably the reason they lost.

We have enough crappy d around. I'd rather lose with trying rookies than washed up expensive vets.

If they can't trade for Coburn or a top 2 D they should make the bottom 6 the focus tomorrow and over the summer.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003
This thread is starting to mirror the rumours and proposals thread so I am closing this one down

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad