Who do Montreal draft at 17th?

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
with our next pick at i think 78th in 3rd round, i see habs dealing at 17 to move down in first round + score a second round pick - trading with a team that desperately wants a player at 17
;)

Talks to Goalposts

Apr 8, 2011
Edmonton
Not sure why he is not moving up the charts, but I think Phillipe Danault might be a good option for them at this slot. They may opt to go with Biggs or Saad instead, but I think Danault is exactly the type of player they can use. Good in all aspects and the heart of a lion - and Quebec bred to boot.

Biggs and Saad are exactly the kind of guys that are liked for being big rather than good that the Habs have wisely avoided in the past.

Aspirine

Lateral Move at Best
Sep 21, 2010
Montreal
If we pick one of Saad, Biggs or Miller while Puempel or Jurco are still on the board, I will shoot someone.

shayne

Feb 27, 2003
ontario
Visit site
habs will take 1 of ...

Who do you think that Habs pick with number 17? what are the possibilities? i personnally would like a big forward.. Biggs? Saad? Puempel? Armia? Miller? tell me what you think :)

JT miller, matt pumpel, mark Sheifele, niclas jensen or zach phillips

saad and biggs are falling stars but these guys i mentioned are all on the rise and fit the habs need for skill and size up front

can't wait for the draft, love the DRAFT:)

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
Its has came down to Mark Scheifele or Mark McNeil for me.

If I had to choose between the two, I would take Scheifele. I think they are our best to choices.

MrRoundtree

Jan 20, 2011
Mark Mcneill is the clear number 1 need for Montreal. Big, hits, put up lots of points in WHL. Can't see why we pass him. Only issues I see are his skating (not as fast as the top players in the draft) and the fact that we never draft first round from WHL, but who knows, maybe some scouts saw him play against Gallgher and are praising him now.

Joel Armia if avaiable, wich I doubt, would be better than Mcneill but I have a feeling he will be taken.

Nicklas Jensen, haven't seen lots from him but seems to have a huge wrist shot. I see a lot of Kostitsyn upside in him. Hopefully he's more consistant but he's big and a winger. My only worries is that he's not a point per game player this year.

Zack Philips would be good also, but I don't know, without Huberdeau, what kind of player he will be. He's a good worker, seems to have skills. Leblanc and him are pretty similar.

Jamieson Oliessiak is huge and since Timmins loves American and drafting defenseman in the first round he probably already take notice. He already plays for the NCAA but in a ordinary hockey program tho.

Nathan beaulieu, good puckmoving defenseman, but we already have a good defense corp. We need to focus on offense. I would gladly welcome him tho.

Rocco Grimaldi, again a really small guy, but he may be the steal of the draft. I don't know, I have a feeling the Habs might take him since they scout the US program a lot.

FInally Tomas Jurco. Huge boom or bust status. The skills are there, he's fast for sure. But his constitancy is a issue. I don't see him as a must get player yet, and captain material. Althrough he might be as he develop. But you can't deny the skills.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
My personal wish list:

1. Mark McNeill
2. Mark Scheifele
3. J.T. Miller
4. Nicklas Jensen

If we end up with any of those four I'll be happy, and ecstatic if it's either of the top two. But if someone like Beaulieu or Armia falls, I hope we'd be all over that too. I wouldn't be shocked if we did take Grimaldi, if he's there. I'd be sort of indifferent to that - love his skills and heart, but yet another small guy? I guess if he's BPA, but still...

Not really interested in a defenseman at 17 unless it's Beaulieu or Siemens, if either of them happen to drop that far.

Depending on who's on the board, I'd be a fan of trading down and picking up a second. Granted I wanted us to do that last year and we did the opposite (traded our second to move up) so we'll see.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad