Who do Hab fans hope to see win The Stanley Cup? The Lightning or The Blackhawks?

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
I don't mind Tampa. They won me a lot of money this year and I like their systems, players, and coach. However, I absolutely loath Ben Bishop. I personally think he's the most overrated goaltender in the entire league. His rebound control is awful, he isn't good at tracking the puck, and his lateral movements are slow just to name a few of his many flaws. I understand being in the right position is vital in order to stop the puck, and on many shots it is all about body positioning and making one's self look big in order to stop pucks that a goalie cant necessarily see. With that said however, I have never seen a goaltender who relies solely on his body size in order to stop pucks. No tracking, no athletic saves, no reactionary saves, just simply saying "please ****ing hit me" to every shot.

Also, he whines and dives on any and all contact to the point where it is just flat out embarrassing and even his head coach has to tell him to tone it down. If he was 6'2" or 6'3", he wouldn't be anywhere near the NHL imo. I just can't stand him, and never could understand the hype he's gotten since entering the league. I would be absolutely shocked if Vasilevskiy doesn't soundly oust Bishop from his starting role within the next two to three years. I understand i'm being very hard on him and many will disagree and that's fine. If his name touches the cup, I will be disappointed to say the least. /rant

There isn't one player on Chicago that I don't like, and they are exactly what I want the Habs to become one day, if ever.

Chicago it is.

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Either. Slight preference for the Bolts, I guess. I'd love to see Drouin hoist his first Cup already.

I do want to point out for all those who scoffed at puck-possession stats all season long while Price was saving our ass, that once again, we see two of the very best puck-possession teams in the Cup final this season. Chicago & Tampa Bay clock in at #2 and #4 in the CF% at 5-on-5 play in almost any way you want to look at it (total, score close, ZS% adjusted).

So this will be yet another season where we see the Cup winner amongst the top-5, and possibly again top-2 (if it's Chicago) in puck possession stats.

But ya know, we got da system, so what do dem dere stats matter?

Where's the Number 1 team?

Didn't we win the Corsi playoff against the Bolts?

Scoreboard regards,

And for the record, **** both Tampa and Chicago.

Creature of Habit

Jul 5, 2014
Don't really care who it is after Montreal is eliminated, but I'll say Tampa so that if we beat them next year we can say we beat the defending champs. GO TEAM

Doubt Chicago is back to the final next year.

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
Tampa

It's always nice to say you only lost to the champs, even if that's a logical fallacy.

Would also be nice to break the "The West is invincible" line that this board suffocates under.

Having said that, I expect Chicago to take it in 6 at the most

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Hawks.

Because they won the Cup in the Ruins barn. Also **** Tampa, they beat us so i want them to lose.

I will watch every game while all the weak sheep minded casual Habs fans around me keep acting like there is no Memorial cup or Stanley cup finals going on. People wont watch the Mem Cup final but will watch a Habs-Devils game in January. Unreal.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
I've kind of been a closet hawks fan after the habs. I found Chicago stadium to be intimidating and fascinating on TVas a kid with the noise and players climbing a flight of stairs before hitting the ice. Loved the goal horn, anthem, and it is my favorite jersey in the league to this day.

They did a good job of moving most of that to the united centre, and they have been really easy on the eyes since the toews and kane era arose.

With the lightning, there's just too much recent history with the habs that makes me oppose them, and I really dislike bishop's shenanigans, and stamkos whining/sneaky dirty plays.

I'm going for the hawks without question.

The Real Guy Lafleur

May 5, 2010
Thurso
Hawks,

Use to cheer for them when I was a kid, Bobby Hull, Stan Mikita, Glenn Hall and the gang. They are my second team. It's the only team that makes me jump when they score beside the Habs. All other teams my heart isn't in it and couldn't care less.

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
I went with no preference. I'm just hoping this series is an exciting one to watch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad