Who do Hab fans hope to see win The Stanley Cup? The Lightning or The Blackhawks?

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Ever since the Bruins won the Cup I can't give a **** about who wins it now.

It killed the part of me who cared about it.

Alex514

May 10, 2015
Hawks all the way!!!!!!! I'm still bitter about our playoff loss to Tampa :(

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
I'm okay with either. We can ***** about Tampa if we want but it's not like they played dirty or did anything wrong. They beat us fair and square. I have no ill will towards either team.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
I'd say Tampa, since we've outplayed them, would feel good to know we could have beat the cup winner.

jwrocks1

Mar 28, 2015
I voted Chicago. Original 6 wins always seem more traditional

TAMPA BAY

So it puts pressure on the Habs management, the team to beat is in our division!!!!

NO EXCUSES!!!

they already beat us, are in our division, so the pressure is already there.

*SOME EXCUSES (no action required) TM

The Nightman

Plateaued User
Aug 13, 2006
If I absolutely had to choose I would rather Tampa, I'm not a fan of seeing a team winning it so many time in such a short span(envious) and maybe Tampa winning the cup can put them in some sort of cap trouble with having to pay bonuses. Bishop does make it very difficult to cheer for Tampa though.

If Chicago wins then that means Hossa, one of my favorite players wins another cup and there's also a few others on the Hawks who I'm fans of(Saad and Hjarmalsson).

I really don't care, so I voted 'no preference'.

optimus2861

Aug 29, 2005
Bedford NS
Either. Slight preference for the Bolts, I guess. I'd love to see Drouin hoist his first Cup already.

I do want to point out for all those who scoffed at puck-possession stats all season long while Price was saving our ass, that once again, we see two of the very best puck-possession teams in the Cup final this season. Chicago & Tampa Bay clock in at #2 and #4 in the CF% at 5-on-5 play in almost any way you want to look at it (total, score close, ZS% adjusted).

So this will be yet another season where we see the Cup winner amongst the top-5, and possibly again top-2 (if it's Chicago) in puck possession stats.

But ya know, we got da system, so what do dem dere stats matter?

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Tampa.

I was a big Stevie Y fan growing up. It's time he gets credit for the work he's done:

He's drafted well in the late rounds and is not afraid to trade draft picks and pay top dollar on the market for good players close to their prime.

Palat (7th round pick) ,
Johnson (undrafted UFA),
Kucherov (2nd round pick),
Stralman (UFA),
Boyle (UFA),
Bishop (trade for Conacher),
Kilorn (3rd round pick),
Filpulla (UFA),
Nesterov (5th round pick),
Carle (UFA)
Garrison (trade for a 2nd)
Coburn (trade for a 1st)
Callahan (and a 1st for disgruntled MSL)
Sustr (UFA out of college hockey)
J.T. Brown (UFA out of college hockey)
Paquette (4th rounder)

He learned well in Detroit.

kgboomer

Nov 12, 2014
I'm surprised so many are rooting for Pierre Gauthier having his name on the Stanley Cup for a second time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad