Speculation: Who did the Habs want with pick #19 at the draft?

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Grant said in the McCarron thread that the Habs had DLR ranked ahead of Gauthier, so I wouldn't bet on that.

Good point.
Gauthier is a name I threw a bit like that who would fit in the "size" mold that appeared to be important, considering the other players on the list.
I really liked Gauthier but he was really, really underwhelming in the Q playoffs. Looked like a JAAA compared to Emile Poirier.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Grant said in the McCarron thread that the Habs had DLR ranked ahead of Gauthier, so I wouldn't bet on that.

This said, considering my last post : could Émile Poirier be THAT guy inbetween Rychel and McCarron (if ever there was one?)

Isnt Rychel the loser who didnt go to the habs combine and stated he wouldnt want to play for Montreal?
Have fun in Columbus.

That was Adam Erne.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
This said, considering my last post : could Émile Poirier be THAT guy inbetween Rychel and McCarron (if ever there was one?)

That was Adam Erne.

Could very well have been it.

I said on draft day that picking Poirier 22nd was to me the worst pick of the draft. I think we're better off with McCarron personally. Not that I hate Émile by any means, but to me he was not a 1st round talent in that draft.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Could very well have been it.

I said on draft day that picking Poirier 22nd was to me the worst pick of the draft. I think we're better off with McCarron personally. Not that I hate Émile by any means, but to me he was not a 1st round talent in that draft.

I wanted him at our first 2nd rounder. Was very surprised he went that early.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad