Who comes out of the East?

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I'm going to the back the horse I've backed for 30yrs, Pittsburgh Penguins. With healthy bodies coming back with 27 games left in the season and some more to come back, I like our chances barring any big trades by JR that strengthens that team even more.

Caps are strong and probably the only team I think the Pens could run into trouble with if Sullivan goes all Dan Bylsma mentally, but I have faith in Sully.

In the regular season, I get it, Caps will beat the Pens and that's fine. In a best of 7 where the coach really gets to plan for 1 opponent, I think we'll be just fine.

Kanneda

Aug 10, 2014
Madrid
If we (the Rangers) end up 7th we have a high chance of making some noise. Especially if we can make a little fix in our blueline with a deadline deal. Lundqvist is already getting his game back, and in the playoffs he will be at his peak.
Another team with potential to surprise is Ottawa, they play the best hockey in the Atlantic by far IMO.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
If we (the Rangers) end up 7th we have a high chance of making some noise. Especially if we can make a little fix in our blueline with a deadline deal. Lundqvist is already getting his game back, and in the playoffs he will be at his peak.
Another team with potential to surprise is Ottawa, they play the best hockey in the Atlantic by far IMO.

His last 5 games, he's put up good numbers against struggling teams. I'd still be worried about Henrik.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
Last year it was the Pens bottom six that murdered the Caps. HBK skated circles around Chimera-Richards-Burakovsky. This year, Burakovsky-Eller-Connolly might be the best third line in hockey and the fourth line of Winnik-Beagle-Wilson is very effective too. Even replacing Richards with Eller last year puts the Caps into the SCF, in my opinion.

My concern about the Caps is whether or not the defense can hold up. I think they'll possess the puck and score thanks to the system change this year. They're no longer as reliant on the PP to score and they no longer play dump and chase which was a terrible fit for the forwards on this roster. Big concern is that Carlson and Alzner have been, at best, average and at worst, possession blackholes and we need those guys if we're going to get past the Pens. Orlov-Niskanen and Orpik-Schmidt have been terrific.

I don't see the Caps losing to anyone but the Rangers or Pens but these are the Caps, after all, so nothing would shock me.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Whomever wins between Washington and Pitt if they meet, no real other challengers at all within the conference.

Quarter

The caravan moves on
Mar 3, 2011
Ontario
It probably means nothing, but it might be worth noting that no division winner has made the Final in the three years since our most recent realignment.

13/14: M2 vs P3
14/15: A2 vs C3
15/16: M2 vs P3

We're on course for an Ottawa vs STL/Nashville Final, folks!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad