Who Are Your Top 5 Players in the Draft?

RocketKing

Jul 2, 2017
From the guys I think they'll have a shot a picking:
Byram
Pod
Cozens
Dach
Turcotte

If Turcotte didn't have significant injury history he'd be higher on my list

Reactions: LAKings88

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
- guy we're not gonna get, picked #1
- guy we're not gonna get, picked #2
- guy we're not gonna get, picked #3
- guy we're not gonna get, picked #4
- guy we're not gonna get, picked #6 <- in three years, the bitching will be epic.

Reactions: DrewforNorris

Basilisk

Aug 5, 2012
I like Dach (6'4") with our pick and Brett Leason (6'5") with Toronto's. What's not to love?

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
I do not want to move down from #5 a few spots for only a 3rd round pick. That's stupid.

Even moving down from #5 to #8 for an additional second seems dumb to me.

I don't want Blake to try to be clever because it isn't in him. Just take your best guy at #5 and let's roll. Already have the TOR 1st and our high 2nd.

Exactly. This isn't the NFL where 2nd and 3rd round picks have insane value. Just take the player that Blake and the scouts like the most at #5, and if someone you really like falls to the 2nd or 3rd round make a trade at that point.

Reactions: BigKing

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
I like Dach (6'4") with our pick and Brett Leason (6'5") with Toronto's. What's not to love?

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzTaylor.jpg

Reactions: BigKing

AzKing

Feb 4, 2019
Newport Coast, CA
I do not want to move down from #5 a few spots for only a 3rd round pick. That's stupid.

Even moving down from #5 to #8 for an additional second seems dumb to me.

I don't want Blake to try to be clever because it isn't in him. Just take your best guy at #5 and let's roll. Already have the TOR 1st and our high 2nd.

This is really where I am at this point as well. I think if we include Pod in this list, the safest guys outside of the obvious top 2 are(in no specific order):

Byram
Cozens
Turcotte
Pod
Dach
Zegras
Krebs

These guys are in reality not going to be any worse than 2nd line players and with the Forwards, there is no way to guarantee that Turcotte will be a bigger star than Zegras as an example. So you could go as low as #9 and still get one of the guys that most lists see as a potential first line player. It doesn't mean that Boldy, Soderstrom, Kaliyev, Seider, Haley, Broberg, Brink or Caufield can't elevate to that level but they are just a tier under.

I don't think Blake is that smart to try and be some sort of wizard here either but if could get a mid to high 2nd and go no further down, it would be worth looking at. I frankly would rather move a player that we have discussed and get picks that way though.

regulate

Aug 19, 2007
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Of the players that will be available....

Podkolzin
Dach
Turcotte
Byram
Cozens

For once the Kings really should draft for need (which is usually not the best strategy). Kings need to have a new 1C in a few years, and this may be the one chance to grab that player. While Byram is tempting, if we can't score, it doesn't matter a whole lot. We were 30th in offense and 22nd in defense this season. Vilardi's health plus underwhelming speed my keep him at RW, and Kupari is likely a 2C or RW candidate in the future. I'd be more than okay with Dach. Elite vision and passing with size and he's a better skater than he's been given credit for. Hockey IQ also very good.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas

#5 - its between Turcotte, Dach, Cozens

#24 - Bobby Brink, Arthur Kaliyev, Moritz Seider... maybe Pods falls...maybe, its happened before

#33 - Nolan Foote, John Beecher, Ville Heinola

OOOOOR as I mentioned above^^^ if Podzolkin begins to fall do we package the TML pick and #33 and/or Toffoli to move up and get him????

AzKing

Feb 4, 2019
Newport Coast, CA
Of the players that will be available....

Podkolzin
Dach
Turcotte
Byram
Cozens

For once the Kings really should draft for need (which is usually not the best strategy). Kings need to have a new 1C in a few years, and this may be the one chance to grab that player. While Byram is tempting, if we can't score, it doesn't matter a whole lot. We were 30th in offense and 22nd in defense this season. Vilardi's health plus underwhelming speed my keep him at RW, and Kupari is likely a 2C or RW candidate in the future. I'd be more than okay with Dach. Elite vision and passing with size and he's a better skater than he's been given credit for. Hockey IQ also very good.

I think that while some here have such a deep negative view of the team in general and everything is bad, this opportunity that the Kings have in front of them is really nice to have. To have 3 picks this high on the heels of the season could really change things. I feel that you go with the BPA and be grateful to even have a Top 5 opportunity rather than to bemoan everything about not getting a 1/2. It is what it is and the guys we are seeing in the Top 10 are all going to be at worse, in the Top 3 of our prospect pool and all 3 of our picks will go a long way in helping to plug some holes.

Reactions: Jungle Boy

AzKing

Feb 4, 2019
Newport Coast, CA
#5 - its between Turcotte, Dach, Cozens

#24 - Bobby Brink, Arthur Kaliyev, Moritz Seider... maybe Pods falls...maybe, its happened before

#33 - Nolan Foote, John Beecher, Ville Heinola

OOOOOR as I mentioned above^^^ if Podzolkin begins to fall do we package the TML pick and #33 and/or Toffoli to move up and get him????

Packaging the TML pick and #33 to move up is suicide when you need so many players. I can see moving a player and getting a 2nd in exchange and moving that pick but no way am I moving a two for one with our #33. That's essentially a late first rounder.

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Packaging the TML pick and #33 to move up is suicide when you need so many players. I can see moving a player and getting a 2nd in exchange and moving that pick but no way am I moving a two for one with our #33. That's essentially a late first rounder.

Getting a dropping Vasili Podzolkin is akin to landing a Vladimir Tarasenko! you move those picks without question... Now not only are you picking in the #5 slot but you're arguably getting the #3 player in the draft.. Plus what should be another top 10 pick next season unless Kopitar, Quick and Carter all have returns to norm..

Vino

Mar 19, 2006
Finland
While Byram is tempting, if we can't score, it doesn't matter a whole lot. We were 30th in offense and 22nd in defense this season. Vilardi's health plus underwhelming speed my keep him at RW, and Kupari is likely a 2C or RW candidate in the future. I'd be more than okay with Dach. Elite vision and passing with size and he's a better skater than he's been given credit for. Hockey IQ also very good.

In the playoffs Byram (1,3 pts/g) has scored more than Dach (0,78 pts/g) or Cozens (1,24 pts/g). If Kings have chance to draft Bowen Byram, they should definitely do so. But most likely NY Rangers or Chicago or Colorado draft him.

Byram
Cozens
Dach
Turcotte
Boldy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad