Who are your guilty pleasure wrestlers?

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Who are your guilty pleasure wrestlers? Guys who aren't necessarily popular or well respected. Guys who maybe weren't good in the ring, good on the mic or both. Maybe jobbers, maybe not.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
The guy that got me thinking of this is Steve "Mongo" McMichael. I was a video that linked me too him. I watched him all the time back in the day, but let's face it he was never very good in the ring. Still despite the clunky setup, I thought he delivered a nice piledriver. I even somewhat liked that he was somewhat uncoordinated as it worked with him being a big guy. I also thought he was great on the mic and loved his personality. He talks a lot and he's always loud. He also always talks to the crowd, even from the floor and without a mic and he could really get the crowd going. Being a Horsemen fan I was never thrilled with how watered down they were in the mid to late 90s with a guy like Mongo, but I still enjoyed his presence if that makes any sense. Oh, and you can't forget the Halliburton briefcase.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Tyler Breeze and the Prince Pretty gimmick. I just think there is something great about a narcissistic guy who can't stop looking at himself but also of his stature and skills. It's not just a muscle guy who is doing it (Lex). I really like the gimmick and i like his wrestling.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
I dunno if we should count Tyler Breeze. Dude is legitimately fantastic and generally loved across the IWC.

My answer right now...and it's without much thought is Baron Corbin. He's atrocious now since he's in 19 segments a night (but even Seth was bad when overused during the Authority days) but I think he has a beautiful move set. Deep Six. End of Days. He's like a power move spot monkey.

I also liked Constable Corbin at the beginning.

Reactions: CHGoalie27

Clint Eastwood

Eff the Habs
Nov 11, 2018
Jason Jordan and Chad Gable. I loved American Alpha

NXT's version of the Authors of Pain

Bobby Lashley (The Dominant one, not the poser)

Fandango

R-Truth

I also love the Street Profits and the Mighty. Two teams that I hope get a push in NXT once UE washes over.

Disclose

WE GET THAT RENT MONEY
Aug 22, 2007
Montreal
I like all those “I’m beautiful, I’m hot, I’ll steal your wife, I’m in love with my own body” guys.

Tyler breeze, velveteen, Val Venis, Rick rude, flair.

Granted all those people were/are popular, but I love all those gimmicks in wrestling.

Damien

Jul 26, 2002
Calgary, Alberta
Visit site
Jimmy_Del_Ray_2.jpg

"The Gigolo" Jimmy Del Ray, one half of the Heavenly Bodies.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Jason Jordan and Chad Gable. I loved American Alpha

NXT's version of the Authors of Pain

Bobby Lashley (The Dominant one, not the poser)

Fandango

R-Truth

I also love the Street Profits and the Mighty. Two teams that I hope get a push in NXT once UE washes over.
Maaan none of those are guilty pleasures!

...and now as I watch NXT, I find myself saying something that was never fitting to my character...

BRO! BRO! BRO! BRO! BRO!

JackSlater

Apr 27, 2010
Breeze is just good, I don't grasp the "guilty" aspect with him.

When guilty pleasure and wrestling collide, I can't help but think of WCW. Three guilty pleasures:

Buff Bagwell

buff-bagwell-glacier.gif

Ernest The Cat Miller

ernest-miller-spin-kick.gif

Norman Smiley

giphy.gif

Smiley was actually pretty good though, may not apply.

Reactions: Le Barron de HF

Frankie Spankie

Feb 22, 2009
Dorchester, MA
I was really surprised to see a lot of people ripping on Lio Rush when he first came onto the main roster. I wish he'd be used in matches more but he is insanely talented in the ring and has a good mic presence. I don't know how people have been feeling about him lately since I haven't had as much time to browse wrestling boards lately but if he's still not very well liked, it's Lio Rush for me I suppose.

I'm also still and forever will be a huge Santino Marella fan. I don't care if the writing team didn't take him seriously, he was always the most entertaining part of the show he was on IMO.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Santino, easily. The guy was flat out hilarious.

My brother and I still send gifs back to one another. :laugh: He did everything he could to entertain and on most nights was giving absolute crap to work with. Major credit to him. Agree with the Santino pick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad