Who Are You? Or Who Were You?

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I've been going by "Viqsi" all over the Internet since long before I joined this forum. It started out as a properly spelled nickname, evolved into an improperly spelled nickname as a bit of an in-joke, and then I claimed it in improperly spelled form as a frequently-used "default username of choice" that has managed to stick with me simply because it rarely if ever gets picked by someone else first.

The four cocktail umbrellas avatar dates back to that as well, although when I first joined here I was trying to diversify a tad by experimenting with variations on badly drawn flagpoles ("Carry The Flag" had just come out as the new slogan, after all). I kind of eventually gave up on that for, um, no good reason.

Reactions: LetsGOJackets!!

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Where are all the people who‘ve had multiple names? I know you’re out there. :moose:
Maybe I was originally just "Doggy"? I can't remember. OK, had no idea I could change it. Yippee, feel like my old self again :)

Last edited:

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Throwback to 2009, we had just made the playoffs for the first time and 14 year old me was incredibly hooked on hockey after just being a casual watcher for the last 4 years. I casually visited here (when Brassard got hurt against James Neal was my first time visiting) and followed along with the playoff GDT's after the games to see the reactions but had no intention of joining. On a day in June I saw reports on this new site I found (hockeybuzz, Eklund) that Martin Havlat was going to hit the market and the CBJ were interested. So I hopped over here and noticed nobody was talking about it and I HAD to tell people that we were getting him according to this guy. So I signed up, under the username CBJBrassard16, my favorite player who won a coin flip over Jake Voracek for the honor (Because everyone else loved Rick Nash I had to be different) and told everyone about this new report. I got post after post complaining about how bad hockeybuzz is and how I was posting wrong info. I learned pretty quickly not to post hockeybuzz.

From then on I was pretty hooked on here. I was incredibly pumped to participate in the board avatar theme "Call to Arms" from Skraut's youtube video compilations (which I loved and helped fuel my love for the CBJ when I was learning). I was very vocal against the Ryan Johansen pick because I thought for sure that meant we were trading Brassard. I think Robert is one of the very few who recalls this username for me, as he still calls me “Brass” when he pops in. Good times.

Inevitably when Brassard was traded years later came CBJWennberg41. I thought Wennberg was going to be my next favorite player. I had just graduated high school the day he was picked, he was the top overall pick for the Jackets that year, and he seemed like a top tier prospect.I should have waited to see him play before picking him as the next username. Not that he was bad, but Wennberg was never really my style of player (although I did think he was solid, I was more drawn to players like Jenner)

But at the same time I still did like Wennberg, he just wasn't the type of player I would have as my favorite. So I stuck with my guns when he changed his number, and changed to CBJWennberg10 when he changed his number from 41 to 10. I was ride or die with Wennberg apparently.

When Wennberg got bought out, I already knew exactly what the next username was going to be. CBJDubois18, for my favorite player, and next franchise cornerstone of the CBJ. All I was waiting for before switching was a contract to be signed....Well...we all know what happened. I am very glad I waited.

So, scrambling, I decided to go with Werenski as the new name. As most people now were referring to me as CBJW, I figured I'd stick with it.

I've literally been on this site since before I was in high school and now I'm 27 and working full time with a college degree. This makes me feel so old.

TLDR; CBJBrassard16-CBJWennberg41-CBJWennberg10-CBJWerenski8

Why is my username CBJ(player)(playernumber)? Good question. No clue. 14 year old me was just trying to make a profile as quick as I could to post a hockeybuzz rumor about Martin Havlat.

Last edited:

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I was JacketsRookie (JR) on Old Metroboards (and some other board before that).I was likely complaining about IDWT as long as anybody (well except EDM, he started that).

I was a Jackets fan from the beginning but I wasn't online until much later. I forget what IDWT stands for. In Doug We Trust?

Reactions: JacketsDavid

Puck Blaster

May 8, 2022
Alberta
Same name as last week when I joined. Play competitive hockey many decades ago SJHL, AJHL, WHL. Hockey always fun game. Not sure whom will win this year. Denver, Tampa, Calgary??

Reactions: Cowumbus

Derby

Pilsners in Prague
Sponsor
Dec 30, 2009
Ohio
Derby since day one. I float in and out, reading more than posting. I’ve met a few HFers IRL and enjoy the knowledge I’ve gained here. My kids are mortified that I post on “the boards” at all. 😊
My avatar is a photo I took of Jagr’s bar in Prague. My favorite NHL players are Czech, no strong reason why except that they seem exceptionally durable. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: Viqsi

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
When Wennberg got bought out, I already knew exactly what the next username was going to be. CBJDubois18, for my favorite player, and next franchise cornerstone of the CBJ. All I was waiting for before switching was a contract to be signed....Well...we all know what happened. I am very glad I waited.
I'm convinced that the Hockey Gods deciding you had to stick with "CBJW" is the real cause of PLD's departure.

Reactions: CBJWerenski8

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I'm convinced that the Hockey Gods deciding you had to stick with "CBJW" is the real cause of PLD's departure.
He said to keep it between us and management. The secret is out now though

Michael Smitley

Casual Fan
Aug 25, 2012
Sylvania, OH
I started out as texasflud in 2012, but most probably won't recognize me since I mostly read and rarely post. Usually I feel I don't have enough to contribute after seeing the hockey smarts of most posters here. 😁

Reactions: Hello Johnny

Youngguns80

A worthy goal is easy to defend
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2021
Ohio
I started out as texasflud in 2012, but most probably won't recognize me since I mostly read and rarely post. Usually I feel I don't have enough to contribute after seeing the hockey smarts of most posters here. 😁
I lurked for years before I officially joined and started posting.

A lot of people here have a lot of hockey knowledge so everyone’s take or thoughts are welcome - at least in my opinion. 👍

BalticDevil

Mar 27, 2018
Wismar, Germany
Maybe this is the right thread to introduce myself here. Like my username suggests I'm a Devils fan since I started following hockey/the NHL. But I'm following the Jackets closely since my college days when I spent my nights watching hockey on probably illegal streaming sites (the late 00's it was) and caught a lot of games of Rick Nash, Nick Zherdev and company and adopted them as my Western team at the time. That didn't change after they moved to the East and here I am, still rooting for the Jackets like I do for the Devils and having bought a ticket and a flight to Finland for the second game there in November. I hope to meet some fellow Jackets fans there.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
Since you all have stories... my Avatar is my first pup in Columbus. 105lb Rhodesian Ridgeback. He was my boy. I'm not creative with names but there was a pro soccer team in Columbus before LMS called the Xoggz and my number was 22.

Been on for 20 years and grew up an Isles fan in their heyday in late 70s, early 80s. Love hockey.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011

I lurked for years before I officially joined and started posting.

A lot of people here have a lot of hockey knowledge so everyone’s take or thoughts are welcome - at least in my opinion. 👍
Agree with Youngguns. This Board welcomes posts and is at its best when there’s many active participants.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Since you all have stories... my Avatar is my first pup in Columbus. 105lb Rhodesian Ridgeback. He was my boy. I'm not creative with names but there was a pro soccer team in Columbus before LMS called the Xoggz and my number was 22.

Been on for 20 years and grew up an Isles fan in their heyday in late 70s, early 80s. Love hockey.
You played for the Xoggz?

Reactions: Xoggz22

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
There is definitely a breadth of knowledge here, we're lucky. Everyone is pretty friendly though, don't hesitate to ask questions or participate any way you see fit :)

Reactions: Youngguns80

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00
    Event closes