Who Are You? Or Who Were You?

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Its been over 11 years since joining HF Boards and certainly many exceed that mark, while others of you joined more recently. While so many names are well known to us, many posters have an even longer history - just under a different user name or names.

In the prior incarnation, the user history profile was more reliable but much seems to have been lost in the migration (or other). Now my history is simple; I’ve also been MoeBartoli. But many of you have another “past life or lives”. ”. So……assuming your change wasn’t because of Witness Protection, I was wondering if all of you could share with everyone your prior user name(s). I‘m sure I and others will enjoy connecting some people and realize “ah” - you were “the poster formerly known as _________ “.

Here‘s hoping for good participation. BTW if you not changed, just let us know you’ve always been your current, well recognized moniker. Thanks in advance!

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
Always had the same user name but I was originally an Oilers fan so I posted there and not here. Became a Rick Nash fan but not a Columbus fan. Maybe a year or two later, decided to cheer for both Edmonton and Columbus. Then it got to expensive to cheering for both teams so I ended up ditching Edmonton and became a full time Columbus fan. Probably around then is when I started to post here.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I've had the same name since I first joined in 2012. I just lost the previous account a few years back so there was a very slight name change, but basically the same.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Always been DSL, never upgraded to fiber or other high-speed internet.

Signed on to talk hockey during the ‘04 lockout. Glad to see there are still folks that predate that.

For those who don’t know (and if anyone cares), the name is an actual encouragement I shouted to then-Jackets coach Dave King (or maybe it was Dougie) late in a game during which Jackets great Lasse Pirjeta had scored two goals.

After I yelled it out, I made some sort of comment about it being my order at the coffee shop, which 8-10 people heard and 1-2 laughed at. I’ll take those numbers.

Youngguns80

A worthy goal is easy to defend
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2021
Ohio
Mine was youngguns27 and joined in Jan 2021 officially, but occasionally visited the boards as a guest (to read not interact for about 5-6 years prior) and changed it to youngguns80 (which it will stay) last July the day Kivi passed.

Reactions: MoeBartoli

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
I've been Monk since I joined in 2008. I enjoyed lurking prior to that.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Always been DSL, never upgraded to fiber or other high-speed internet.

Signed on to talk hockey during the ‘04 lockout. Glad to see there are still folks that predate that.

For those who don’t know (and if anyone cares), the name is an actual encouragement I shouted to then-Jackets coach Dave King (or maybe it was Dougie) late in a game during which Jackets great Lasse Pirjeta had scored two goals.

After I yelled it out, I made some sort of comment about it being my order at the coffee shop, which 8-10 people heard and 1-2 laughed at. I’ll take those numbers.
Was always trying to figure that out - mystery solved.

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
Oh hey, here's a thread for me.

I joined when I was 16 years old. I think my very first username was biscuitbasketer lol

I was really active on here under the name Ludicrous Speed, sporting this as my avatar:

de4fb5f0.jpg

When we acquired Brandon Saad I changed my name to Saad Panda, which references an episode of South Park. I live for obscure callbacks to stuff like this 😂

The avatar of choice was David Bowie's Aladdin Sane:
images

I mentioned it in another thread but the current username, while an obvious nod to Panarin, is the title of an album by one of my favorite artists named Ty Segall. Just thought it was fitting, and again, I live for obscure references. My current avatar bears the cover of said album.

Here's a song from that record, just, well, because:

I'm probably not far away from a new username. Been thinking about some punny hockey stuff like "Halak It A Lot" or "Roy And Peace". Maybe something more CBJ related, like "Voracek Yourself" or "Sillinger Escape Plan". Maybe "Livin On A Thin Laine" for the obscure Kinks reference 😂

God, I need a new hobby.

I've had a bunch of names in my nearly 20 years on here. Some of them were Jovavic, FunkyColdHrdina, SampleMyGoods, Alan Shore, and I've forgotten probably just as many.
Oh nice, I always thought FunkyColdHrdina was HOF-worthy lol

Last edited:

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus

I joined when I was 16 years old. I think my very first username was biscuitbasketer lol

I was really active on here under the name Ludicrous Speed, sporting this as my avatar:
1652969536168-jpeg.549195

When we acquired Brandon Saad I changed my name to Saad Panda, which references an episode of South Park. I live for obscure callbacks to stuff like this 😂

images

I mentioned it in another thread but the current username, while an obvious nod to Panarin, is the title of an album by one of my favorite artists named Ty Segall. Just thought it was fitting, and again, I live for obscure references. My current avatar bears the cover of said album.

I'm probably not far away from a new username. Been thinking about some punny hockey stuff like "Halak It A Lot" or "Roy And Peace". Maybe something more CBJ related, like "Voracek Yourself" or "Sillinger Escape Plan". Maybe "Livin On A Thin Laine" for the obscure Kinks reference 😂

God, I need a new hobby.

Haha Sillinger Escape Plan.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011

1652969536168-jpeg.549195

images

God, I need a new hobby.

Always loved the Aladdin Sane avata.

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL
Lurked for a while before joining a few years ago. It was right after Lyle Odelein's health scare that he thankfully survived. My parents were day one season ticket holders (and still are). I was at the CBJ's first ever game against the Blackhawks in 2000 when I was 8 years old. Lyle was my favorite player and my first CBJ jersey, probably just because he was the captain. So that led to the name. Plus alliteration is fun and neat.

Reactions: Hello Johnny

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Same name as eleven years ago when I first joined (though I have been a fan since the opening puck drop 20+ years ago. Still the same guy as I was then, just less hair and more waist. Back then I had no idea what Pickleball was...but now...I'm an addict :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad