Who Are You? Or Who Were You?

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio
Lurked here for a long while before I actually joined as aRussian at 16 (I think, math hrmmm). Not actually Russian but that was a username I had for a game “America’s Army” and when you popped someone it would say “you’ve been killed by [username]” and you couldn’t have a space in your name. Witty and super smart teen me came up with “aRussian”.

Thankfully most users weren’t as scary as I thought so I stuck around and check the boards pretty frequently but don’t post as much.

Have kept it since joining and you can tell it’s been a while holding onto the “First 10 don’t count” avatar. Can’t remember who was making them that year but still wear it with honor!

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana
Always have had the same name. I think I was 13-14 when I made an account but lurked prior to that. I was drawn to the boards by their prospect grades around the time Brass and Jake were our top prospects, I was excited for the future! I started reading Porty’s old blog around the same time and from then on, reading Jackets news and rumors became my daily obsession.

Username decision is similar to what ol’ CBJBrass said, I was a young kid. Pretty sure this was also the name of my RuneScape account. Lol

It’s crazy, I’m now almost 27 and have a son, I’ve been on these boards for over half my life now. And it’s all been great going through the ups and downs with everyone here.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
As mentioned in my OP to start the thread, I’ve always been MoeBartoli since joining in 2011. I was an avid attendee of Columbus Checkers games when young - lots of backstory there - and it’s when I became a huge hockey fan. My favorite player was actually Real Paquette, but I also loved watching the player-coach Moe Bartoli who led the team in its early years. (And it was easier to find an avatar photo). So Moe it was and is.

Last edited:
Reactions: Viqsi and Byrral

Jaxs

Jul 4, 2008
I've always been Jaxs on this site. I lurked for quite a while before I made an account. I lurked on Metro Boards then made an account shortly after the Jackets came into existence. From Metro I found HF Boards and liked the conversation better and stayed! My username Jaxs, was a silly attempt to shorten Jackets.
I don't post a lot, but I do still read a lot of the threads and chime in when inspired. Moe Bartoli, I have to share a story. I started playing hockey as a mite at the Fairgrounds Coliseum, in the early 70s, where the Owls played. After my first year (mites house league) that summer my dad got me into a hockey camp run by Moe Bartoli. That camp did me well. The next season I tried out for the CAHA squirt travel team and played CAHA travel through midgets, three years at Arlington, then freshman year at Ohio U club team. Hockey is and always will be the best sport ever. Go Jackets!

Last edited:

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I lurked for years before I officially joined and started posting.

A lot of people here have a lot of hockey knowledge so everyone’s take or thoughts are welcome - at least in my opinion. 👍
The only takes and thoughts that are welcome here are those that perfectly agree with me and me alone. This will be AGGRESSIVELY ENFORCED.

:sarcasm:

srsly tho I need people to tell me when I'm wrong because otherwise I'll never know.

Reactions: Youngguns80

Kevo22363

Sep 28, 2017
Hilliard, OH
It's been so long I can't remember my old screen name, it was either Kev22 or Kevo22. I've been on here for a long time, but I disappeared for a long while. Just started browsing and commenting again earlier this week. I am one who is more for the Jackets being active in trades and UFAs to get better than most. I so desperately want this organization to win a Cup so they can give the old one finger salute to the rest of the league. Tired of them being sold short and tired of this great city getting crapped on regularly. The only way to solve it is to win.

Cowumbus

Mar 1, 2014
Arena District - Columbus
I remember my first post ever was something like “RJ Umburger is terrible and needed to be traded years ago” then maybe @majormajor or @Xoggz22 replied “you’ll fit in great here, welcome to the boards” :laugh:

It really is bothering me that I can’t remember my first user name. I think it was something stupid like Bjorkswag? Idk I remember for a long time my profile picture was Lanny McDonald…

Bjorkswag/NikZherdevIsGoat/TyutinInTheStaal? > Panarinbagel > Cowumbus

Last edited:

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
I remember my first post ever was something like “RJ Umburger is terrible and needed to be traded years ago” then maybe @majormajor or @Xoggz22 replied “you’ll fit in great here, welcome to the boards” :laugh:

It really is bothering me that I can’t remember my first user name. I think it was something stupid like Bjorkswag? Idk I remember for a long time my profile picture was Lanny McDonald…

Bjorkswag/NikZherdevIsGoat/TyutinInTheStaal? > Panarinbagel > Cowumbus
I remember your old huge McDonald Stache avatar! :D

Reactions: Cowumbus

Forepar

Nov 6, 2011
South-Central Ohio
Forepar since signing on in 2011. Was an unnamed lurker for several years prior to 2011.

And yes, my user name is golf-related. The avatar has changed a time or two, and I don't have anything new in mind yet.

Reactions: MoeBartoli

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2