Who are you blaming more?

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
Pacioretty, Gallagher, Subbam, and Price were retained on the team. Not added to the team.
Anything fanboys can do to give BargainBin credit... I don't understand, this guy has no ties to the Habs, never played for the team, can barely speak the language (either one) and hasn't DONE ANYTHING... why do people go out of their way to give him credit?!?

Giving BargainBin credit for Subban is absurd, he took Subban through arbitration ffs. Molson was the one who insisted on the contract.

Seriously?!1?! :rant:

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
k99Q0P7U.jpeg

Don't forget Pacioretty, Gallagher, Price

As other pointed out, those guys were on the team and all of them had almost no other choices than signed with the Habs.

The only other player that comes to mind is Prust.

Hullois

Suck it Trebek
Aug 26, 2010
Hull, Qc
Anything fanboys can do to give BargainBin credit... I don't understand, this guy has no ties to the Habs, never played for the team, can barely speak the language (either one) and hasn't DONE ANYTHING... why do people go out of their way to give him credit?!?

Giving BargainBin credit for Subban is absurd, he took Subban through arbitration ffs. Molson was the one who insisted on the contract.

You do realize whatever credibility you have takes a hit every time you say childish stuff like "bargainbin".

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
You do realize whatever credibility you have takes a hit every time you say childish stuff like "bargainbin".
What credibility? We're talking about hockey on an online message board, it's literally the bottom-of-the-barrel of communication... talking about friggin hockey. If I can't have some fun with it, I'd much rather drop the whole nonsense to begin with. Not to mention that the only fun I get out of this god forsaken team and this god forsaken management structure is when I rip on them and the occasional decent game (no thanks to Therrien and BargainBin).

The Gainey-era broke me. I hated him at first, then I loved him and "in Bob I trusted" him and then... gah. But at the end of the day it's a diversion, entertainment... this team plays garbage hockey and doesn't win, beyond that, I disagree with a lot of what BargainBin does and the immense credit he gets (for fkn Carey Price?! Really?!) so no, I have no reason to treat this sorry, self-obsessed organization with any respect.

Our GM retired his own god damn number not 10 years ago. And you people wonder why the rest of the league laughs at our crumbling ivory tower.

As other pointed out, those guys were on the team and all of them had almost no other choices than signed with the Habs.

The only other player that comes to mind is Prust.

Prust, Weise and now Jeff Petry. In 4 off-seasons. :handclap:

Last edited by a moderator:

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native

This is the difference between those who look solely at results only vs those who look at how things are actually working.

Hullois

Suck it Trebek
Aug 26, 2010
Hull, Qc
What credibility? We're talking about hockey on an online message board, it's literally the bottom-of-the-barrel of communication... talking about friggin hockey. If I can't have some fun with it, I'd much rather drop the whole nonsense to begin with. Not to mention that the only fun I get out of this god forsaken team and this god forsaken management structure is when I rip on them and the occasional decent game (no thanks to Therrien and BargainBin).

The Gainey-era broke me. I hated him at first, then I loved him and "in Bob I trusted" him and then... gah. But at the end of the day it's a diversion, entertainment... this team plays garbage hockey and doesn't win, beyond that, I disagree with a lot of what BargainBin does and the immense credit he gets (for fkn Carey Price?! Really?!) so no, I have no reason to treat this sorry, self-obsessed organization with any respect.

Our GM retired his own god damn number not 10 years ago. And you people wonder why the rest of the league laughs at our crumbling ivory tower.

Prust, Weise and now Jeff Petry. In 4 off-seasons. :handclap:

So we've hit the bottom line here. You actually don't like the habs. Reading your post, it even looks like you hate the habs.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
I don't really blame either of them especially not MB. He stole Petry who was incredible for us in the playoffs. I'm really not sure what else he could have done. Sign a top six forward? Didn't really work last time (though I did not mind that deal at all) and not much was around.

While Montreal got clobbered by the lightning all year due to playing dump and chase against a good puck handling goalie like Bishop, they did adjust a little in the playoffs. They were playing a much more aggressive game. I suppose Therrien is responsible for that.

I just don't think MTL has the players to win at the moment but I like the direction they are going in. Defense and Goaltending are very well taken care of for the habs. Scherbak and McCarron look very promising and could eventually become solutions to the habs scoring woes. MTL has trade assets like Fucale that could be used to acquire some kind of scoring forward.

The habs are only a couple players away from winning if you ask me and those guys may in fact already be in the organization.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
I don't really blame either of them especially not MB. He stole Petry who was incredible for us in the playoffs. I'm really not sure what else he could have done. Sign a top six forward? Didn't really work last time (though I did not mind that deal at all) and not much was around.

While Montreal got clobbered by the lightning all year due to playing dump and chase against a good puck handling goalie like Bishop, they did adjust a little in the playoffs. They were playing a much more aggressive game. I suppose Therrien is responsible for that.

I just don't think MTL has the players to win at the moment but I like the direction they are going in. Defense and Goaltending are very well taken care of for the habs. Scherbak and McCarron look very promising and could eventually become solutions to the habs scoring woes. MTL has trade assets like Fucale that could be used to acquire some kind of scoring forward.

The habs are only a couple players away from winning if you ask me and those guys may in fact already be in the organization.

This thread wouldn't exist if MB hadn't gone overboard singing the praises of DD and Therrien, while simultaneously expressing his hopelessness for Galchenyuk, and then sweeping the PP under the rug.

I think everyone was fine with the way forward and really only MT was in the hot seat, at least here. People say that it's an overreaction to take MB at his word (AG -- could be a negotiation tactic...maybe, though I don't see it driving the price down significantly if he said he hopes Alex will progress at C), but it really was more than just a simple Q&A. We got way more than we wanted to hear and it wasn't pretty.

Otherwise, I think he's done good job. Was hoping for more going forward. Can't say that I'm optimistic given his support for the consistently crappy development of the team under Therrien. Those players who excelled did so despite Bibi.

The worst is when he keeps parroting the line about how the young guys will have to force the coach's hand. What a loaaaaaad of crap.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Sooner than later Habs are gonna need a great dose of positive fresh air like when the Pens fired Therrien and got Ballsma. Cause sooner or later the players will revolt on that regressive "not to lose" ****.

Feels like MB is too much of a good guy to pull the plug on Therrien at this point. Sad thing is, MT got us fooled during the shorten season. Everybody thought he was sort of mad scientist with a style of offensive play that not a lot of other teams could beat. It was clearly an alien that stole his body for a few months.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad