Who are the Bruins fans at HFboards (Part II)? Register here!

murphdasmurf2

@SieveOfDaNation
Mar 2, 2011
Brentwood, NH
twitter.com
Name: Mike

Fav All time Bruins: Haven't been able to appreciate the Legends, but Bourque, Neely

Fav Current Bruins: Tuukka Rask

Fav Non Bruin Players: Anze Kopitar

Fav Movies: Superbad, Boondock Saints

Music: Bullet For My Valentine, Alesana, etc.

Hobbies: Ice/Roller Hockey, Drag Racing

Fav food: Pizza

Fav Beer: Don't drink

Fav Bruin moment/how I became a fan: Seeing Bourque give up his jersey for Phil Esposito.

How long I have been a B's fan: Since I've been able to actually really appreciate hockey.

Origin of screen name: Last name is Murphy

Jerseys owned:No jerseys, but I have name and number t shirts of Kessel :shakehead Krejci, Timmy T, and 3 Rask shirts, all in different sizes S,M,L

Also, my first post. Thanks! :yo:

FearTheBear

6-15-11
Mar 2, 2011
Worcester, MA
New to HF, happy to be in an online community of true fans, with knowledge of the game. I'm the only true Bruins fan in my group of freinds, so I am the odd man out when it comes to sports talk. Most of them are arrogant when it comes to hockey & the Bruins and would rather talk about the Red Sox or Celtics. :shakehead
I am looking forward to posting and talking about the B's with my fellow Bruins fans.

Name: Joe

Fav All Time Bruins: Orr, Bourque, Neely... and Joe Thornton

Fav Current Bruins: Chara, Lucic, Bergeron, Thomas.

Fav Non-Bruin Players: Iginla, Sakic, Yzerman, Hasek

Fav Beer: Silver Bullets

Fav Food: Wings & Pizza

Fav Bruin moment/how I became a fan: March 1994 when Cam scored 50th goal in 44th Game played against Washington. I was 7 years old and I remember watching that game with my Dad. I have been hooked on Bruins hockey ever since.

How long I have been a Bruins fan: see above ^

Jerseys owned: Neely home, Bourque away, Joe Thornton home, Samsonov old 3rd, Lucic home, Bergeron home, Tim Thomas 3rd jersey.

Looking forward to posting and being a member of the HF Bruins community!

Name: Caleb Mardin

Fav All time Bruins: Terry O' Reilly, Csm Neely, Ray Bourque

Fav Current Bruins: Zdeno Chara, Brad Marchand, David Krejci, Tomas Kaberle

Fav Non Bruin Players: Miroslav Satan, Marian Hossa, Marian Gaborik, Pavol Demitra, Lubomir Visnovsky, Sergei Kostitsyn, Mikhail Grabovski

Fav Movies: The Big Lebowski, Shaun Of the Dead

Music: Scorpions, Metallica, Slayer, UFO, Michael Schenker Group, Rush, Muse

Hobbies: guitar, hockey, video games

Fav food: pizza

Fav Beer: bud light

Fav Bruin moment/how I became a fan: became a fan after I started paying attention to hockey and they were the hometown team

How long I have been a B's fan: since after the lockout

Origin of screen name: my name and the 81 comes from Miroslav Satan's #

Jerseys owned: Zdeno Chara - Bruins, Miroslav Hala - HC Dukla Trencin, jersey shirts -Satan, Krejci, O'Reilly, Savard, Chara

Last edited:

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto
Name: Alex

Fav All time Bruins: Cam Neely, Ray Bourque, Adam Oates get's an honourable mention but he's not in the Borque/Neely stratosphere. That's the generation I grew up with.

Fav Current Bruins: Whoever helps them win

Fav Non Bruin Players: Sidney Crosby

Fav Movies: Godfather 1&2, Snatch, Lock Stock & 2 Smoking Barrels

Music: Disturbed, Avenge Sevenfold, Ice Cube/NWA

Hobbies: Aside from watching sports?....Playing sports

Fav food: Burger, Italian, Greek

Fav Beer: Carlsberg, Heineken

Fav Bruin moment/how I became a fan: I became a fan in '88. It started as a friendly rivalry with my father, who was cheering for the Oilers in the finals so I just started cheering for the Bruins so we could have a little rivalry going. My obsession with the Bs has now taken a life of it's own. Just think, if the Bs lost in the semi-finals that year, I'd probably be a Devils fan right now. Yikes!!!

How long I have been a B's fan: 23 loooooooonnnnnnnngggg years

Origin of screen name: The ugliest Bruins jersey ever was that god-awful 3rd jersey the Bs had. You know, the one with Paddington Bear as the crest.

Jerseys owned: My first was the Away (black) in 1990 - No name, Then came Samsonov home (white) when he won R.O.Y. and now it's Bergeron away (White).

LucicthenewNeely

Mar 21, 2011
Name: Kevin Higgins

Fav All time Bruins: Neely, Bourque, Oates, Allison, Dafoe, Carter, Orr, Espo, Cheevers, Moog, Don Sweeney, Lyndon Byers, Nifty and Milt Schmidt

Fav Current Bruins: Chara, Lucic, Krejci, Bergy, McQuaid, Seguin, Savy and Boychuck

Fav Non Bruin Players: Parise, St. Louis, Mika Koivu

Fav Movies: Pond Hockey, Mystery Alaska, Slapshot (original), Happy Gilmore, Billy Madison, Boondock Saints 1 and 2 and The History of the Bruins.

Music: Hardcore, Deathmetal and Dropkick Murphys

Hobbies: Hockey and videogames

Fav food: Anything at Harry's in Westborough

Fav Beer: Bud Light

Fav Bruin moment/how I became a fan: too many of them, but mostly the last game at the OLD GAHDEN and P.J Stock sluggin it out with Steven Peat

How long I have been a B's fan: 22 years

Origin of screen name: LucicthenewNeely....we all know its true.

Jerseys owned: 1970's Vintage Jersey customized with my name, Milan Lucic Winter Classic Jersey, Cam Neely circa 1989 - 1990 Jersey, Rick Middleton Jersey and Espo

bruins87

Mar 11, 2008
Tell us about yourselves, fans of Bruins nation!

Name, location, favorite current Bruin(s), favorite all-time Bruin(s), favorite non-Bruin players, movies, music, hobbies/interests, origin of your screen-name/message board moniker, how you became a Bruins fan, how long you've been a Bruins fan... stuff like that.

Name: Ben M.

Location: Henniker,NH is my hometown. Went to UNH in Durham,NH for 4 yrs. Currently in Quincy, MA.

Fav All time Bruins: 1. Neely 2. Bourque. I also would include Orr and O'Reilly, even though they were before my time.

Fav Current Bruins: Bergeron, Lucic. I really liked Mark Stuart before he was traded. McQuaid has really been growing on me this season.

Fav Non Bruin Players: Enjoyed watching Leclair in the late 90s. Steve Yzerman- epitome of class and leadership. Currently, Iginla and Doughty.

Fav Movies: The Town, The Departed, Miracle, Slap Shot, Anchorman, Old School and the Hangover.

Music: Classic rock from the 60's and 70's.

Hobbies: Sports (hockey obviously), video games and boating

Fav food: Pizza, ice cream, steak.

Fav Beer: Sam Adams Summer Ale.

Fav Bruin moment/how I became a fan: Neely's retirement night-very emotional. Game 6 against Montreal in 2008. The Winter Classic in 2010. Became a Bruins fan in 1992- my best friend played hockey and I followed suit.

How long I have been a B's fan: 1992.

Origin of screen name: I love the Bruins and I was born in 1987.

Jerseys owned: Winter Classic-Lucic, Home-Bergeron, Away (early 90s)-Neely.[/QUOTE]

Bulls guy

Nov 5, 2006
BelleVegas
Name: Rob

Fav All time Bruins: Bourque and Neely

Fav Current Bruins: Looch and Bergy

Fav Non Bruin Players: Stamkos,Perry

Fav Movies: Too many to list

Music: Just about anything but Rap

Hobbies: Sports and Fishing

Fav food: Tacos,steak and wings

Fav Beer: Canadian,Corona,Keith's

Fav Bruin moment/how I became a fan: I have a couple I was at both of these games
MacLaren elbow on Zednik and the Murray goal in OT after the slash on Kovalev

How long I have been a B's fan: Long time

Origin of screen name: All the bruins ones I liked were taken so I went with the junior team here

Jerseys owned:Lucic,Neely,Bourque and Thornton all signed also winter classic Lucic. I also have a Bruins jersey that is half white half black.
I have several other non bruins players as well.

Sir Richard 37

311 Has Grassroots.
Nov 17, 2010
SE Mass
Fav food: Anything at Harry's in Westborough

Mr. Higgins, you are officially the man.

I played a lot of hockey in Westborough when I was just a sprout. Harry's is right down the street from the rink, loved that place. Especially the memorabilia! :laugh:

smclamrun.gif

Octavio

Mar 24, 2011
Space
Name: Octavio

Fav All time Bruins: Neely, Orr, Bourque, Thomas

Fav Current Bruins: Thomas, Savard, Lucic

Fav Non Bruin Players: Gretzky, Roy, Datsyuk

Fav Movies: Good movies

Music: Good music

Hobbies: Life

Fav food: French fries

Fav Beer: Sam Adams

Fav Bruin moment/how I became a fan: Moment - Marco Sturm's game winner in Game 6 in 08 or Bourque winning the cup in Colorado.

How long I have been a B's fan: 1996-1997 season

Origin of screen name: A spanish-given name that I thought was funny

Jerseys owned: 3 Bruins, 2 Oilers, 2 Coyotes and some old Whalers, Nordiques, Vancouver and Avalanche ones

tom nuetten

Mar 24, 2011
Germany
Name: Tom

Fav All time Bruins: Marco Sturm

Fav Current Bruins: Lucic , Thomas , Seidenberg

Fav Non Bruin Players: Sturm

Music: irish punk

Hobbies: basketball, soccer , stay awake at night to watch hockey, baseball , football

Fav food: Spätzle, Schnitzel, Rumpsteak

Fav Beer: Rothaus Tannenzäpfle

Jerseys owned: Marco Sturm

Gothia

Nov 14, 2007
Helsingborg, Sweden
Name: Jonas

Fav All time Bruins: Cam Neely

Fav Current Bruins: Milan Lucic, Shawn Thornton

Fav Non Bruin Players: I'll pass on that one...

Fav Movies: I don't really have any fav. movies, Star Wars perhaps.

Music: In Flames, Slipknot

Hobbies: My family, drinking malt whiskey

Fav food: A nice medium-rare steak

Fav Beer: Guiness

Fav Bruin moment/how I became a fan: I actually don't remember why I became a Bruin. Me and a couple of friends allways played the EA NHL games in the early 90:s. And as often as we could we tried to catch a NHL game on the TV. During this I became a Bruin.
Regarding my friends: One became a Flyer, one a Cap, one a Flame and one became a fan of the Kings.

How long I have been a B's fan: Since the early 90:s.

Origin of screen name: Gothia is a producer of tobacco in Sweden

Jerseys owned: 1

Vinnygunn

Jul 6, 2009
Name: Vince P

Fav All time Bruins: Orr, Neely, bourque

Fav Current Bruins: Bergeron, Thomas, Chara, Rex, Looch, EDIT: Thornton, the beast!

Fav Non Bruin Players: Sedins, Crosby, bit of a shaky season for me to name anyone else right now.

Fav Movies: Requiem for a dream, old school, pulp fiction, classic mob movies, all the new funny stuff, space balls. man there are too many to name

Music: Prog metal(in flames, soilwork, DT, PoS), funk, electronica, little bit of everything.

Hobbies: no time for them.. other than watching hockey ( used to play guitar and train though)

Fav food: nothing specific, but i like just about any food that's made right

Fav Beer: guiness, moosehead, MGD, there are so many...

Fav Bruin moment/how I became a fan: kinda was always a fan, but "the goal" was a pretty beautiful bruin moment historically...

How long I have been a B's fan: my whole life, but it's definitely picked up in the last 5 or so years when i started working out and appreciating sports a lot more.

Origin of screen name: terribly boring internet nickname

Jerseys owned: last year home jersey signed by #4, this year 3rd jersey, a really old kid's home jersey handed down from big bro, no young Bs fans to pass it down to... yet.

been posting here randomly before, but i figured i'd finally check in!

Peter78

Mar 8, 2010
Montréal
Name: Pierre

Fav All time Bruins: Cam Neely

Fav Current Bruins: Milan Lucic

Fav Non Bruin Players: John Tavares, Rick Nash

Fav Movies: A Clockwork Orange, Shawshank Redemption

Music: Any music

Hobbies: Music, Sports

Fav food: Anything that got beef in it

Fav Beer: Carlsberg, Labatt Blue

Fav Bruin moment/how I became a fan: I'm a Bruin fan because of my dad. Since im like 5 im watching Bruins game on TV and hating on the Habs. My favorite Bruin moment gotta be the 4 games sweep of the Montreal Canadiens two years ago.

How long I have been a B's fan: Since im watching hocket

Origin of screen name: My name and a mix of Bourque and Neely numbers.

Jerseys owned: I got 5 Bruins jerseys. Bobbyr Orr vintage, a 1926 vintage, Cam Neely, the Bruins black 3rd jersey and a old Bourque with number 7 on it.

JLM

Apr 5, 2011
Newton, MA
Name: Jessica M.

Fav All time Bruins: Byron Dafoe was my first favorite... I to this day don't know why =/ Maybe because as a kid I thought he was English and I had a weird idea of what he sounded like.

Fav Current Bruins: Marchand or Lucic for sure.

Fav Non Bruin Players: Peter Forsberg, Teemu Selanne... Pavel Bure too, loved watching him play.

Fav Movies: I'm a big fan of Monty Python movies, Holy Grail being my number one.

Music: I'll listen to anything, although I'm not a big rap/hip-hop fan... Slight preference for 90's rock though...

Hobbies: Hockey & soccer for watching, cycling and gaming for doing.

Fav food: Spaghetti Bolognese! Could eat it every day. And ice cream.

Fav Beer: I don't drink... just don't like how it tastes.

Fav Bruin moment/how I became a fan: My dad took me along as a kid, thus I badgered him to take me to every game... poor guy.

As for a favorite moment, any time we paste the Habs is good!

How long I have been a B's fan: 1994 was my first game.

Origin of screen name: It's my initials - lame I know, I was too lazy to come up with anything clever.

Jerseys owned: Home Lucic, away Bergeron.

yippiepaillemf

Jul 30, 2010
Grande Prairie, AB
Name: Brandon Kat

Fav All time Bruins: Cam Neely, Ray Bourque, Bobby Orr

Fav Current Bruins: Patrice Bergeron, Milan Lucic, David Krejci, Zdeno Chara

Fav Non Bruin Players: Mario Lemieux, Steven Stamkos

Fav Movies: Godfather 1 and 2, Pulp Fiction, Boondock Saints

Music: Everything except Boy Bands

Hobbies: NHL 11, Shinny Hockey, Beer League,

Fav food: Everything

Fav Beer: Steamwhistle

Fav Bruin moment/how I became a fan: Everything Neely accomplished and, unfortunately, Vladimir Ruzicka when he actually tried his best.

How long I have been a B's fan: Since I was 6, watched the Oilers-Bruins final

Origin of screen name: Die Hard:laugh:

Jerseys owned: Ted Donato...jk, Neely, of course

trudatman*

favorite current Bruins: MAR/BER/REC//FER/MCQ//THOM, Lucic, Peverley, Rask
favorite non-Bruin players: Rolston, Kovalev
beer: is for pussies

BritBruin

Apr 11, 2011
Reading, UK
Newbie Alert

Name: Alan

Fav All time Bruins: Cam Neely, Ray Bourque

Fav Current Bruins: Zdeno Chara, Tim Thomas, Milan Lucic

Fav Non Bruin Players: Doug Gilmour (when he was a Maple Leaf), Martin Brodeur, Sedin twins, Patrick Sharp.

Fav Movies: Life of Brian, Holy Grail, Bourne trilogy, Anchorman, Planes Trains and Automobiles.

Music: Oasis, Beady Eye, Green Day, Blink 182, My Chemical Romance, Britpop from the 90's, Beatles & Stones. 80's cheese as well...

Hobbies: Xbox COD type games, watching football (English variety), music, reading

Fav food: Anything.

Fav Beer: Augustiner from Bavaria, Germany. Will settle for Becks/Holsten.

Fav Bruin moment/how I became a fan: See below

How long I have been a B's fan: Fan of Bruins since the days of NHL games on the Megadrive in the 90's...Cam Neely - awesome! Viewer of games on ESPN America.

Origin of screen name: British and a Bruins fan...

Jerseys owned: None yet, a possible purchase over Easter when I come over to visit (I bought a ticket for game 5 today so no 4 game sweep please! $211!) Anything I should be aware of? :hyper:

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
Name: Mike

Fav All time Bruins: Bourque, Samsonov

Fav Current Bruins: All of them? Gun to my head probably Bergeron

Fav Non Bruin Players: Marty St. Louis, Parise, Kesler

Fav Movies: Super Troopers, Happy Gilmore

Music: Sublime, The Doors, Jimi Hendrix

Hobbies: Gym, Drinking, video games. Golf. No good hobbies. used to build/race RC cars but im too poor now.

Fav food: Steak, Pizza, Wings, anything you can grill during the summer

Fav Beer: Bud light/rolling rock/ busch light (the faster you can drink em the better haha).
For taste? Guinness, Harpoon and/or most of the Sam's seasonals.

Fav Bruin moment/how I became a fan: Dads from Russia so it was the only sport I grew up watching really. I got him into all the others.

How long I have been a B's fan: Whole life

Origin of screen name: My buddy used to make up names for things. Bocephus was the name of our beer bong for a while. Kinda stuck around because it was one of his better names.

Jerseys owned: Chuck Kobasew (odd reasoning - I was very drunk at a game and wanted a Jersey, his was the only one they had in my size. Worked out, I like 3rd line speedy grinders. Never see any others too haha.)

jaylectricity

Apr 11, 2011
Name: Jay

Fav All time Bruins: Bourque, Neely,

Fav Current Bruins: Recchi, Thornton, Marchand

Fav Non Bruin Players: NONE

Fav Movies: Interstate 60, Let's Go To Prison, Super Troopers (yeah, I have bad taste in movies)

Music: Anything But Country (but mostly old and new rock, old hip-hop, industrial/electronic stuff)

Hobbies: Making bad music, xbox360,

Fav food: Mexican

Fav Beer: Sam Adams Boston Lager

Fav Bruin moment/how I became a fan: I couldn't pinpoint a favorite...I was raised a Boston sports fan

How long I have been a B's fan: At least 30 years although it was hard to follow them when I lived out West for 15 years.

Origin of screen name: I'm an electrician

Jerseys owned: Just the white one from a few years ago, no name or number. It was the year Joe Thornton choked away a 3-1 series lead.

SynysterCydonia

Mar 26, 2011
Name: Aaron

Fav All time Bruins: Neely, O'Reilly, Bourque, Bergeron

Fav Current Bruins: Bergeron, Lucic...I love them all actually haha

Fav Non Bruin Players: Jarome Iginla, Mark Stuart, Pavel Datsyuk

Fav Movies: Scott Pilgrim vs. The World, American Pie

Music: Alt rock/rock mostly. I can appreciate all music like jazz etc. Top 40 not so much though.

Hobbies: Guitar, Hockey, Ultimate Frisbee, video games

Fav food: Chinese

Fav Beer: Too young lol, but I'm allowed Manischewitz on holidays...Wait that's a wine...

Fav Bruin moment/how I became a fan: Born into a Boston sports family that has ties to the old Bruins of the 60s and 70s

How long I have been a B's fan: I've been told that I came out of the womb with a slimy Neely jersey on.

Origin of screen name: Synyster gates, guitarist of Avenged Sevenfold, and Cydonia, from the Muse song "Knights of Cydonia". It's also my xbox live gamertag so hit me up.

Jerseys owned: Signed Lucic, Chara, Thomas

Last edited:

rick951

Sep 19, 2007
Saskatoon, SK
Name: Rick

Fav All time Bruins: Bourque, Neely, Oates, Moog, Thomas

Fav Current Bruins: Thomas, Peverley, Recchi (no matter what, I'm glad he was a Bruin)

Fav Non Bruin Players: Lanny McDonald,

Fav Movies: Glengarry Glen Ross, The Life Aquatic, Lord of the Rings

Music: Paradise Lost, Keith Caputo, Electric Six, Evil Cowards, G//Z/R, Scatman John, In This Moment

Hobbies: World.....of Warcraft

Fav food: whatever I can actually eat (lousy celiac disease!)

Fav Beer: once again, the celiac disease.

Fav Bruin moment/how I became a fan: Bourque's All-Star 4-for-4s, Neely's 50 in 44, I am a fan because my grandfather was.

How long I have been a B's fan: since about '84

Origin of screen name: Rick is my name and 951 is a number I see around a lot for some reason.

Jerseys owned: Bourque, used to be signed but the sig. faded.

3rdLiner

Jan 21, 2011
Cape Cod
Name: Dan

Fav All time Bruins: Bourque, Neely, Orr, Chief

Fav Current Bruins: Horton, Marchand, Lonewolf, Bergeron, Thornton

Fav Non Bruin Players: All Time: Scott Stevens Current: Ovechkin

Fav Movies: Counte of Monte Cristo, Seven, Harold & Kumar

Music: Metallica, Phish, Lil Wayne. A wide variety lets say.

Hobbies: RTS/Turnbased Games, Hockey Mens League, Golf

Fav food: Surf N Turf (Prime Rib + Baked Stuffed Shrimp)

Fav Beer: Coors Original, Dogfish Head 90min IPA

Fav Bruin moment/how I became a fan: Im from Boston and a Hockey player duhh.

How long I have been a B's fan: Lifetime, Serious B's Fan 2002

Origin of screen name: Ray Bourque and Scott Stevens were the two players I idolized growing up and shaped my own game after.

Jerseys owned: Authentic Vintage with no nameplate

Also, first post here but ive been trolling you guys for a while Go B'S!:yo:

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008
Name: Paul Sullivan

Fav All time Bruins: Neely, Orr, Espo

Fav Current Bruins: Looch, Chara, Tuukka

Fav Non Bruin Players: St. Louis

Fav Movies: Snatch, Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, The Way of the Gun, The Big Lebowski, Vanilla Sky, Salpshot, Beerfest, Lucky Number Slevin, Layer Cake, Rock'n'Rolla, Old School, The Jacket

Music: The Black Keys, Joseph Arthur, Kid Cudi, O.A.R., Citizen Cope, Matt Nathanson, The Dave Matthew's Band, David Grey, Jack Johnson, Radiohead

Hobbies: Hockey, Football, Camping, Fishing, Beach, Bar Hopping

Fav food: Chinese food or anything with Pulled Pork

Fav Beer: Sam Adams Boston Lager

Fav Bruin moment/how I became a fan: My father was from Boston and we were really poor growing up in Connecticut so we were never able to do much. I do remember though he used to wake me up as a kid without my mother's knowledge and let me stay up and watch Neely and the B's play while downing some Oreos and Milk all night. I was instantly hooked on the sport and more importantly the Bruins.

How long I have been a B's fan: Since I was 3.

Origin of screen name: Just a combination of two of my several nicknames handed to me over the years (Irish, Paulie, Sully, Red) RedPaulie too communist, IrishSully too redundant, PaulieSully too direct, IrishPaulie just right. :D

Jerseys owned: Looch Winter Classic. I wore it to my college's alumni hockey game we have every year. Gave me good luck this year, probably going to have to wear it again next year.

Turk 16

May 3, 2011
South Shore, MA
Name: Moon Man

Fav All time Bruins: Ray Bourque, Terry O'Reilly, Rick Middleton, Brad Park, Gerry Cheevers, Cam Neely, Patrice Bergeron (only including those I saw play in person - saw Turk, Bobby Orr and Esposito play on TV38, was too young to go to the games)

Fav Current Bruins: Bergy, Peverley, Chara, Marchmont :D

Fav Non Bruin Players: Active: Zach Parise, Martin St. Louis, Dustin Brown, Shea Weber, Henrik Zetterberg, Ryan Miller, Patrick Kane, Dominic Moore (Go Crimson!), Brian Gionta (Go Eagles!) Retired: Joe Mullen, Rene Robert (always wore #14 when I could get it), Guy Lafleur (only Hab I ever heard cheered at the Garden), Bernie Nicholls, Joe Sakic, Steve Yzerman, Bryan Trottier.

Fav Movies: Slapshot... "Scouts?" :laugh:

Music: "Paree" as performed by John Kiley

Hobbies: Reading, sports, boardgames, collecting books and horror and hockey memorabilia

Fav food: Chinese, Thai, Grilled Steaks, Hot Dogs, 'Za

Fav Beer: Bass Ale on tap

Fav Bruin moment/how I became a fan: I was at the game where Stan Jonathan destroyed Pierre Bouchard, fourth game of the 78 Finals, it was actually the greatest game I've ever seen and not because of that fight - it was the game Schmautzie scored under a sprawling Larry Robinson, beating Dryden to win it in OT. I grew up on the south shore playing youth hockey, played in H.S. too, and followed the Bs, NHL, as well as local college hockey.

How long I have been a B's fan: I know this is a very bandwagonish time to be registering, but I've been lurking on these boards for a few years now and have been a Bruins fan for much longer. We've had season tickets in my family since the mid-70s. I'm old enough to have seen the Cup, in person, carried on Garden Ice. Unfortunately, on both occasions it was being held by Yvan Cournoyer! :amazed: Maybe this is the year! (But I've learned to keep my hopes in check... even when we're up 2-0 on the Flyers...especially then.)

Origin of screen name: Derek is unreal! ;)

Jerseys owned: Bergeron #37 t-shirt; had a "Neely/Bad to the Bone" tee I used to wear to games late-80s early 90s... anybody remember those?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad