Who are the Bruins fans at HFboards (Part II)? Register here!

doubleminor138

Call me Snake
Jul 31, 2005
NH
Continued from here : http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=181

Tell us about yourselves, fans of Bruins nation!

Name, location, favorite current Bruin(s), favorite all-time Bruin(s), favorite non-Bruin players, movies, music, hobbies/interests, origin of your screen-name/message board moniker, how you became a Bruins fan, how long you've been a Bruins fan... stuff like that.

Name:

Fav All time Bruins:

Fav Current Bruins:

Fav Non Bruin Players:

Fav Movies:

Music:

Hobbies:

Fav food:

Fav Beer:

Fav Bruin moment/how I became a fan:

How long I have been a B's fan:

Origin of screen name:

Jerseys owned:

LoneWolf54

Oct 25, 2010
OMAHA
Name: Leanne, LA

Fav All time Bruins: Cam&Bobby, naturally

Fav Current Bruins: McQuaid

Fav Non Bruin Players: Kopitar, White, Kiprusoff, Byfuglien, Callahan, Dubinsky, Pouliot

Fav Movies: SlapShot, Miracle, Departed, The Town

Music: Rise Against, Shinedown, Dropkicks, etc

Hobbies: 4 sport athlete (basketball, soccer, softball,played all girls football out of Brockton, MA)

Fav food: Mac 'n' Cheese =)

Fav Beer: Not really a beer drinker....

Fav Bruin moment/how I became a fan: Winter classic is how I became a fan but my favorite Bruins moment was in Prague. Being there for Tyler Seguins first Career goal, assisted by Timmy Thomas on 10-10-10 was cool.

How long I have been a B's fan: 2010
Origin of screen name: Adam McQuaid is my favorite player, LoneWolf=Mcquaid's nickname, 54 is his number

Jerseys owned: McQuaid's junior (Sudbury Wolves), McQuaid SCF jersey

Last edited:

CrimsonBruin21

Dec 20, 2006
Hilton Head, SC
Gonna re-post mine since I was at the very end of Part I.:)

Name: Hamilton

Favorite All time Bruins: Sanderson (passed on from my parents), Bourque, Neely, Donato, Sweeney

Favorite Current Bruins: Seguin, Chara

Favorite Non Bruin Players: John Tavares, Mark Streit, Ryan Miller

Favorite Movies: Miracle, Slap Shot, Youngblood, Saints and Soldiers, Empire Strikes Back

Favorite Music: Guns N' Roses, U2, NIN, Metallica, The Replacements

Hobbies: Golf, Hockey, Fitness, Boating, Travel

Favorite food: Mexican, Palm Steakhouse(s), Seafood

Favorite Beer: Spaten, Corona

Favorite Bruin moment/how I became a fan: Funny enough- I am a long-suffering (28 years) New York Islander fan who has simply had enough with Wang's Wacky Circus on Long Island and have decided to make my permanent new home with the Boston Bruins. As much as I have bled blue and orange- I have ALWAYS had a soft spot in my heart for the Bruins. My grandparents used to love to go to the old Madison Square Garden- and even though they were living in New York- root for the Bruins- and goaltender Frank Brimsek and the Kraut Line in particular. Then my parents were both massive Bruin fans when they were in graduate school in Boston in the late 60's and early 70's with Orr, Espo and of course Derek Sanderson (Hence my "Derek Sanderson Fan Club" sig). Additionally, even though an Islander fan- I was always "pro-Bruin" growing up (probably b/c of my family history with the team) and really enjoyed the 87-88; 89-90; 90-91 and 91-92 playoff runs. Finally- we're a big Hahh-vudh family (I am living proof that they do let in a few knuckleheads every year) and always enjoyed following Sweeney and Donato among others... and I also used the Bruins as my refuge during my college years in the late 90's and early 00's (i.e. end of the Bourque era- beginning of Thornton and Samsonov, etc.). Hope the BU, BC and Northeastern guys take it easy on me.

How long I have been a B's fan: OFFICIALLY- about 1 week. UN-OFFICIALLY (i.e. as my "second" team)- since the 87-88 playoffs. Just remember LOVING Rejean Lemelin and watching him play out of his skull against the Habs and Devils. Always liked and respected the Bruins ever since. Also- just to be clear- I come to the Bruins with a deep respect for what the great New York Islanders once were (I have vague memories of the dynasty and then some really great memories of the LaFontaine and Turgeon eras). Sadly- the Islanders bare absolutely no resemblance to not only their great teams of the past- but to a legitimate NHL franchise. They're basically committing consumer fraud in my eyes and their continued operation and what they do to their dwindling fanbase is nothing short of a disgrace.

Anyway, I am full bore BLACK AND GOLD now. I don't do something unless I'm all in- and I'm all in. So much so- that if in some alternate universe hell freezes over and the Bruins played the Isles in the playoffs- I would 110% root for the Bruins. I'm signed- sealed- and delivered (literally). I wouldn't be here until I felt that way...

Origin of screen name: College + Bruin + 21 for Ted Donato

Jerseys owned: Ray Bourque ca. 1988 black "road" jersey with the "C". In the market for a new Bruin jersey. Definitely going Seguin- but can't decide which jersey to go with. Love ALL of them. No Fisherman jerseys to worry about here...

Anyway- I'll probably just lurk the next couple of months as I get fully up-to-speed on the Bruins ca. 2010- but I hope to interact with you guys and make some good contributions in the future. I've always loved the passion of Bruin fans and the interest and excitement for hockey in the Boston/New England (i.e. Bruins, Beanpot, Prep School, Youth Travel, etc.) area generally. Feels like I've literally been "born again" as a professional hockey fan. Much needed after 17+ years in the wilderness...

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Name: Artemis

Fav All time Bruins: Ace Bailey (God rest his soul), Terry O'Reilly

Fav Current Bruins: Marc Savard, David Krejci, Zdeno Chara

Fav Non Bruin Players: Pavel Datsyuk, Vladimir Sobotka ::cries::, Nick Backstrom

Fav Movies: Dr. Zhivago, Slap Shot, Lord of the Rings

Music: Yes, Emerson, Lake and Palmer, Aerosmith, Beatles, Rolling Stones, Beethoven

Hobbies: Writing, reading, swimming, roller blading

Fav food: lobster and chocolate (no, not at the same time)

Fav Beer: Blueberry

Fav Bruin moment/how I became a fan: Watching Bobby Orr beat up Brad Park in the 1972 Stanley Cup finals

How long I have been a B's fan: Since the '71/72 season

Origin of screen name: Big fan of Greek mythology. Artemis is the goddess of the hunt, and of newborns, is the least pretentious of the gods, and doesn't suffer fools gladly.

Jerseys owned: None, but I want one. Christmas?

Bread and Circuses

Smile and wave.
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2010
Somewhere in the middle
Name: JD

Fav All time Bruins: Neely & Bourque

Fav Current Bruins: Lucic, Krejci & of course Seguin now

Fav Non Bruin Players: (Current) Parise, Byfuglien, Avery (In almost a pure comic relief kinda way, not a fan of any players cheap stuff though....)

Fav Movies: Spaceballs, Kids in the Hall - Brain Candy, Holy Grail

Music: Almost all Mike Patton Projects, Older Indie stuff, Deftones, Quicksand, White Stripes, Death Cab for Cutie, Reverend Horton Heat, Nick Cave, The Beatles

Hobbies: Writing Music, Surfing, My dog, its been 15 years since I played hockey and 10 since I have even put on skates :(

Fav food: I can't really answer that, I can't discriminate.

Fav Beer: Sam Adams or Bass Ale

Fav Bruin moment/how I became a fan:

I remember the exact moment I became a fan of The B's, I was around 11 years old and my mother picked me up a hockey magazine I wanted because I had started take an interest to hockey, I remember there being an article on the Bruins in there, for whatever reason that story on the B's and the photos in the mag always stuck with we, a fan ever since.

How long I have been a B's fan: over 20 years

Origin of screen name: Band with a similarity to a Bruin player.

Jerseys owned: None

MFuery38

Name: Mark

Fav All time Bruins: Cam Neely, Craig Janney, Andy Moog, Joe Thornton, Vladimir Sobotka

Fav Current Bruins: Johnny Boychuk, Gregory Campbell, David Krejci

Fav Non Bruin Players: Jaromir Jagr, Anze Kopitar, Ryan Getzlaf, Shea Weber, Luke Schenn

Fav Movies: A Clockwork Orange, Strange Days, The Usual Suspects, Major League, Slap Shot

Music: Anything but rap from the last 10 years

Hobbies: Bruins/NHL podcasting (bostonhockeytalk.blogspot.com), blogging/writing for a couple different sports sites.

Fav food: Hot roast beef sandwich on an onion roll

Fav Beer: Molson Canadian

Fav Bruin moment/how I became a fan: been a fan since I started watching hockey. Fav. moment has to be last thursday when I saw Savard on the screen in uniform right as the team was coming out onto the ice. I had to rush to the game after work and didn't know he was playing cuz it was still up in the air about 2 hours before that.

How long I have been a B's fan: late 80's, early 90's

Origin of screen name: My name and fav. number

Jerseys owned: Bruins: "Pooh Bear" logo : My name w/ #13, Joe Thornton #6, Sobotka winter classic, white Boychuk, Black Orr throwback.

Other teams: way too many to list from all sports. I get jerseys of players I like, regardless of teams (although there are some I wont get) Some of my favs are a blue Luke Schenn, road Jeremy Bonderman, old style black Ray Buchanan, and my crown jewel, a custom mid/late 90's Tampa Bay Lightning 3rd with my name and #38. m

Bruins Stooge

Spread Out
Aug 12, 2008
Hartford County CT
Looking at my old one from 3 years ago with old username, thought i'd update (the difference over the years...) . . .

Name: Mark
Old Username: PKBruins81
From: Simsbury, CT. Currently in Storrs CT - Senior at the University of CT
Fav Current Bruins - Seguin, Horton, and Bergeron
Fav all time - Was a huge Kessel fan in the day (easy . . . :laugh:), Neely, Orr, Park
Hobbies: Playing and watching hockey. Played the drums for the past 14 years. Guitar for 6.
Memories: Savard's playoff OT winners (Habs, Flyers), Infamous game 6, my first playoff game - 6 or 7 years ago vs. the canes
Name Origin: Love the B's, love a good laugh from the 3 stooges
Fav non Bruins: Malkin, Kane, Parise, Stamkos

BruinsFuse

Sep 21, 2007
Halifax, NS
Hey everyone. I made an account a long time ago here but really just enjoyed reading about the Bruins. Being from Nova Scotia, it was tough to keep up with all the inside stuff. I then moved to Newfoundland for school and it was even tougher. So many thanks to the ones who provide people like me with valuable information about the B's.

Name: Lyndon (yea guess where that came from)

Fav All time Bruins: Grew up during the Neely days, so of course. Also I named all my dogs Janney since I started watching the Bruins.

Fav Current Bruins: Bergey will always be. I grew up playing against Marchand, so its nice to see him out there.

Fav Non Bruin Players: Jumbo Joe, Datsyuk, and Crosby

Music: Used to like more metal, but Im softening up with age. Ill always have the rock egde, but the screaming hurts now haha.

Hobbies: I am looking to become a golf pro, so golf, hockey, guitar, and poker.

Fav Beer: I have to say Keith's here. Nova Scotia favoritism

Fav Bruin moment/how I became a fan: Well, Im named after a Bruin. Ever since I can remember, I was wearing a Bruins jersey. Sitting at home and catching them on Hockey Night in Canada with my dad and brother whenever we got lucky enough to catch a game.

How long I have been a B's fan: Well, my 2nd Christmas there is a picture I had a B's jersey on. So at least 21 years now. My first time saying more than one word at a time was "Boston Bruins". I was raised well haha.

Origin of screen name: My last name is Rafuse, and with what is happening on these boards lately, I thought it was fitting. Also, just how I like the Bruins to play, with a little fuse setting them off once and a while.

Jerseys owned: Neely, Thornton, Janney, Shelley (Mooseheads)

I hope to make some valuable contributions to the board. Thanks for reading.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Name: Lyndon (yea guess where that came from)

Fav Current Bruins: Bergey will always be. I grew up playing against Marchand, so its nice to see him out there.

Fav Bruin moment/how I became a fan: Well, Im named after a Bruin. Ever since I can remember, I was wearing a Bruins jersey. Sitting at home and catching them on Hockey Night in Canada with my dad and brother whenever we got lucky enough to catch a game.

How long I have been a B's fan: Well, my 2nd Christmas there is a picture I had a B's jersey on. So at least 21 years now. My first time saying more than one word at a time was "Boston Bruins". I was raised well haha.

Helluva pedigree, Lyndon. Not too many folks can claim they're named after a Bruin. (Don't think Derek Jeter lurks here...:laugh:) ... or played against one.

Welcome to you and all the other new posters in this thread.

LoneWolf54

Oct 25, 2010
OMAHA
Helluva pedigree, Lyndon. Not too many folks can claim they're named after a Bruin. (Don't think Derek Jeter lurks here...:laugh:) ... or played against one.

Welcome to you and all the other new posters in this thread.

Sooshi-Im glad you knew this (as Im sure many people here do) But NONE of my friends ever know this and don't believe me when I say it. I was begining to think I made it up:)

Hill x 21

Jan 17, 2011
Western Mass
Name: Dan

Fav All time Bruins: Joe Thornton, Cam Neely

Fav Current Bruins: Brad Marchand, Patrice Bergeron, Steven Kampfer, Tuukka Rask

Fav Non Bruin Players: Devan Dubnyk, Sam Gagner, Jeff Deslauriers, Charles Linglet

Fav Movies: The Da Vinci Code, Angels and Demons, Resident Evil Series, Boondock Saints

Music: Dropkick Murphys, A Day to Remember, Sonic Syndicate, T.I.

Hobbies: Hockey, Cars

Fav food: Steak

Fav Beer: Molson Canadien, Labatt Blue

Fav Bruin moment/how I became a fan: Been a fan since I moved to Mass. Moved from Montreal when I was three months old. My favorite Bruins moment has to be Game 1 of Philly/Boston of 09-10 when Savvy scored the game winning goal in OT. Was my first Bruins game.

How long I have been a B's fan: 10 years

Origin of screen name: Last name

Jerseys owned: Savvy, Bergeron, Ryder, Tuukka and one with my last name. Soon to have a Marchand and Kampfer.

Arch Stanton

Jan 19, 2011
Westport, Mass
Name: Derek

Fav All time Bruins: Neely, Janney, Bourque, Nifty, Jonathan, Moog,

Fav Current Bruins: Rask, Lucic, Marchand, Thornton

Fav Non Bruin Players: Lafontaine, Mogilny, Brodeur, Ovechkin, McCarty, Jagr, P Bure

Fav Movies: Godfather, Jaws, The Good the Bad and the Ugly, The Shining, Shawshank Redemption, Blazing Saddles, History of the World, American History X, Caddyshack, Slapshot, Stripes, Platoon

Music: Metallica, Pantera, Motley Crue, Queensryche, Pink Floyd, Ozzy, Iron Maiden, Kiss, Priest, Van Halen, Guns and Roses, Nickelback, Disturbed, ACDC

Hobbies: Hockey, Golf, Bowling, fantasy sports, gym, skiing, fishing

Fav food: portuguese

Fav Beer: Molson Dry

Fav Bruin moment/how I became a fan: beating Montreal in 88, Bourques wink, Neely pounding Claude, I was at the 70 save Tugnutt game which was also Lafleur's last game in Boston, Jonathan pounding Bouchard, the comeback against Montreal scoring 3 in the last 57 seconds (early 90's)

How long I have been a B's fan: for as long as I can remember

Origin of screen name: it's the name on the grave in The Good the Bad and the Ugly

Jerseys owned: Neely, home/away Janney, Thornton 6, Moog

other than that, not much else, I love Ron and Fez and Opie and Anthony on XM

Last edited:

JEFF SLY

Kill 'em All
Jan 19, 2011
Connecticut
Name: Jeff

Fav All time Bruins: Orr and the famed Kraut Line.

Fav Current Bruins: Lucic... With Marchand slowly creeping to the top. And of course TT!

Fav Non Bruin Players: Past - Gordie Howe, Mark Messier, Mario Lemieux / Present - T.J. Oshie, Brandon Prust, OV.

Fav Movies: Beverly Hills Cop, Happy Gilmore, The Departed, Fight Club, Gladiator (boxing movie), Snatch, Boondock Saints, Donnie Brasco...

Music: Jazz, blues, rock, mostly metal.

Hobbies: Boxing, guitar, drums, hockey, baseball.

Fav food: German/Polish

Fav Beer: Kostritzer Schwarzbier or Guinness

Fav Bruin moment/how I became a fan: Favorite Bruin moment that I have seen with my own eyes - Sweeping the Habs in the 2009 playoffs / Favorite Bruin moment of all time - Orr scoring the winning goal in game 4 of the 1970 Stanley Cup Finals.

How long I have been a B's fan: I have been a Bruins fan on and off most my life, but focused on them more after the Whale left Hartford.

Origin of screen name: Its my name... Well Sly is very similar to my last name which is German and no one can pronounce.

Jerseys owned: Currently I sport a personalized alternate B's jersey. I have a old Orr replica jersey somewhere as well as a Pat Verbeek Whalers jersey.

... And I guess that is me in a nutshell.

ShoNuff71

Jan 21, 2011
Boston, kid =)
Name: Andy Poland

Fav All time Bruins: Ray Bourque, Vladimir Sobotka

Fav Current Bruins: Jordan Caron and Savvy

Fav Non Bruin Players: Malkin, Byfuglien, Kopitar, Doughty, Duchene

Fav Movies: Bomb the System, V for Vendetta, Green Street Hooligans, Lucky Number Slevin, Never Back Down

Music: Rise Against, old Bullet For My Valentine, old Avenged Sevenfold, old Misfits, old Rancid, Calabrese

Hobbies: Playing floor hockey, podcasting (Boston Hockey Talk), watching hockey, analyzing hockey, loving hockey =)

Fav food: Steak Tips

Fav Beer: Molson Canadian

Fav Bruin moment/how I became a fan: Fav moment? "Sturm......hoooollllllddsss....SCORES!!!! MARCO STURM!!!" Game 6 vs the Habs was the best night of my life.

How long I have been a B's fan: Trade deadline 4 years ago. Don't ask lol.

Origin of screen name: My nickname =), and the greatest hockey number ever =D

Jerseys owned: Evgeni Malkin authentic, Savvy 3rd jersey, Custom away Avalanche (best unis in NHL I think) with my name and number (71).

Im also adding jerseys wanted: Caron's Rouyn-Noranda Huskies home jersey, and Sobotka's Blues away jersey.

bleedblackngold

Jan 19, 2011
Fairhaven, MA
Name: James

Fav All time Bruins: neely, bourque, oates, moog

Fav Current Bruins: krejci, bergeron, thomas

Fav Non Bruin Players: stamkos, duchene, sturm

Fav Movies: catch me if you can, adaptation

Music: atmosphere, pearl jam

Hobbies: hockey, hockey cards, fishing

Fav food: sushi

Fav Beer: sam's octoberfest

Fav Bruin moment/how I became a fan: games with pops back at the garden, fav moment=game 6 2008 beating the habs only to loose game 7

How long I have been a B's fan: as early as i can remember. 20+ years

Origin of screen name: c'mon.... 'bleed black and gold' we've heard it before, i always use it when describing how the bruins are a part of my life

Jerseys owned: old-school moog, authentic bourque auto'd, practice jsy w/samsonov and thornton(#6) '97 autos, blank practice jsy

CrashedFever

Jun 11, 2010
Name: Marc

Fav All time Bruins: Cam neely, Patrice Bergeron

Fav Current Bruins: Patrice Bergeron

Fav Non Bruin Players: Jordan Eberle, Steven Stamkos, Pavel Datsyuk

Fav Movies: Grandma's Boy, Supertroopers, Beerfest

Music: The music I listen to changes in phases but currently I'm stuck on The Arctic Monkeys, and Two Door Cinema Club

Fav food: Burger

Fav Beer: Sam Adams Boston Lager

Fav Bruin moment/how I became a fan: My dad's a Bruins fan and so is my cousin so I always had it going on in my life but I just watched it one day and not just fell in love with the Bruins but also the sport of hockey. Other than the Bruins I really like the Oilers. Favorite moment would be going to the Winter Classic or any playoff game.

How long I have been a B's fan: not long, about 3 years, but I quickly fell in love with the sport and I'm following all teams constantly.

Origin of screen name: I always thought the Crashed Ice competition is really awesome and maybe one day I'd try to give it a go. So I took the "crashed" part and thought up something that crashes and chose "fever".

Jerseys owned: Bergeron home jersey, Bergeron 3rd Jersey, Bergeron Team Canada 2010 olympics jersey(he is my favorite player after all).

NastyNate17

Jan 3, 2011
Fort Sam Houston
Name: Nate

Fav All time Bruins: Ray Bourque

Fav Current Bruins: Tuukka Rask, Shawn Thornton, Johnny Boychuk, Milan Lucic

Fav Non Bruin Players: Jonathan Quick, Zach Parise, James Neal, Bobby Ryan

Fav Movies: Limitless, The Town

Music: Rock

Hobbies: Sports

Fav food: Bacon Pizza

Fav Beer: Shocktop Raspberry Wheat Ale

Fav Bruin moment/how I became a fan: 2011 Stanley Cup championship.

How long I have been a B's fan: years

Origin of screen name: my name

Jerseys owned: Rask Away jersey

Last edited:

Bone for your jar

Feb 2, 2011
Boston, Mass.
Name: Rene

Fav All time Bruins: Espo, Cheesey, and that kid from Parry Sound.

Fav Current Bruins: Oh it varies, but Bergy and Savvy are the sentimental faves, Chara's the Rock of Gibraltar, and Marchand right now is just like a bat out of hell.

Fav Non Bruin Players: (Current): Briere, Ovechkin. (All time): Larry Robinson, Guy Lafleur, Bernie Parent.

Fav Movies: Seven Samurai, Trouble in Paradise, School of Rock

Music: Loud, and with feeling.

Hobbies: The pile of books by my bed, the half-baked novel on my laptop, trout fishing, hiking...

Fav food: Usually whatever I cook on a weekend, and share w/ friends & fam.

Fav Beer: One of them dark ones made by Belgian monks.

Fav Bruin moment/how I became a fan: In my childhood (after I moved from Chile to Montreal) I was actually a huge Habs fan, in the days when Dryden minded the net. Friends and I played lots of hockey in the neighborhood, just loose pick-up games where we pretended to be one star or another as we maneuvered tennis ball or puck toward the net. Also traded cards and tested each other on player stats. We did dig Espo in those days, and reserved most of our team-hatred for the Flyers.

But I've been living in Boston for a couple of decades now, and the black and gold sinks in. Started to follow them real closely last year, through the ups and downs, and I found myself rooting hard for them, even through all the major disappointments (the tepid response to Cooke, the game 7 debacle). My favorite moment? Easy: when Savvy comes back from PCS to score that OT goal vs the Flyers. Yup, in a way, it has proven to be too good to be "true", in more ways than one.

Origin of screen name: It's a phrase that struck me, from a book of poems about Terry Sawchuk:

Six attackers, frantic to even the score,
the rink tips, bodies piling onto me. Ferguson
hacks my bad elbow, his look says, Here’s bone for your jar.
Hooks my feet from under me, lands on my legs. I punch
at the back of his head and get this whiff of hair cream.
All of this in silence. Nothing personal,
though there may be memories

“Next Time†by Randall Maggs,
from Night Work: The Sawchuk Poems (Brick Books, 2008)

http://www.poetryfoundation.org/journal/article.html?id=181666

Jerseys owned: None. Would be nice to get a couple for my two kids, though.

KuralySnipes

Jan 7, 2011
Arlington, VA
Name: Branden Cordeiro

Fav All time Bruins: Bergeron

Fav Current Bruins: Bergeron, Lucic

Fav Non Bruin Players: Ovi, Stamkos, Booth, St. Louis, Thompson (UNH)

Fav Movies: Miracle, Pond Hockey Movie, forgetting Sarah marshall

Music: 80s-90s rock, some hip hop

Hobbies: hockey, hanging with friends, xbox, NHL 11, girls

Fav food: I don't know

Fav Beer: can't drink

Fav Bruin moment/how I became a fan: Sweeping the Habs in 2008-09 playoffs

How long I have been a B's fan: 12 years

Origin of screen name: random

Jerseys owned: Lucic, Seguin, Thorton

bbruins72

Sep 14, 2009
Name: Mark DelRossi
Age 19
Wilmington, MA

Fav all time Bruins - Neely, Orielly

Fav current Bruins - Bergeron, Thornton, Marchand

Fav non-bruins - Stamkos, Doan, Iginla

Fav drink - Win or lose we still booze!

Fav moment - Causeway St after round 1 game 6 vs buffalo last year

How long a bruins fan - forever and a year

Origin of screen name - favorite team with the last cup year

Jerseys owned - blank, lucic

bruinsandpatriots

Feb 10, 2011
Name: Andrew

Fav All time Bruins: Bobby Orr and Phil Esposito

Fav Current Bruins: Patrice Bergeron

Fav Non Bruin Players: Nicklas Backstrom

Fav Movies: Lord of the Rings: Return of the King

Music: Everything

Hobbies: Hockey, Lacrosse, and sports in general.

Fav food: Greek

Fav Beer: Kolsch 151

Fav Bruin moment/how I became a fan: team colors

How long I have been a B's fan: 9 years

Origin of screen name: none really

Jerseys owned: none:(

ronibruins

Dec 20, 2010
Vantaa
Name: Roni

Fav All time Bruins: Bergeron

Fav Current Bruins: Bergeron, Marchand

Fav Non Bruin Players: Leino, Rafalski

Fav Movies: Too many, but Miracle is one of the best ones.

Music: Skillet, Avenged Sevenfold, some rappers too

Hobbies: Soccer, hockey

Fav food: Burgers

Fav Beer: Koff

Fav Bruin moment/how I became a fan: It was two years ago, watching Bruins' game at 3 a.m, and I just couldn't stop watching it, so that's probably how I became a fan.

How long I have been a B's fan: 2 years

Origin of screen name: Living in Iowa and favorite team

Jerseys owned: 0 so far

BostonBruins92

Closer to the Sun
Jan 15, 2011
Brookline, MA
Name:Kevin

Fav All time Bruins:Bergeron

Fav Current Bruins:Marchand, Bergeron

Fav Non Bruin Players:Kesler

Fav Movies:40 Year Old Virgin, Superbad

Music: Pearl Jam, RHCP, Rage Against the Machine

Hobbies:Using my laptop to watch NHL games instead of studying :)

Fav food:Baby back ribs

Fav Beer:Sam Adams Boston Lager

Fav Bruin moment/how I became a fan:Hockey was never pushed in my household. I just kind of started to watch the Bruins and fell in love with them. I guess it was just purely out of curiosity.

How long I have been a B's fan:Since 2003-2004

Jerseys owned:0 (hoping to get a Bergeron jersey for my birthday)

Rocko604

Sports will break your heart.
Apr 29, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Name: Shaun

Fav All time Bruins: Cam Neely, Ray Bourque

Fav Current Bruins: Lucic, Thornton, Bergeron and Boychuk

Fav Non Bruin Players: Nick Lidstrom, Dustin Byfuglien, Mattias Ohlund

Fav Movies: Slap Shot, Pulp Fiction, Wayne's World

Music: Rock, Punk, Metal

Hobbies: Playing hockey, playing my guitar, reading

Fav food: BBQ.

Fav Beer: Pabst Blue Ribbon

Fav Bruin moment/how I became a fan: I always enjoyed watching Bourque and Neely but never really thought of myself as a Bruins fan, as I was a Wings fan growing up. Lucic getting drafted by them, and my love for Cam Neely, has had me wearing the Spoked-B a lot more than the Winged Wheel. When Boston/Detroit had the home-and-home series earlier this year, I was much more focused on how Boston did than Detroit. The Wings just aren't the same to me without Yzerman and McCarty.

How long I have been a B's fan: 3-4 years, I guess.

Origin of screen name: Originally took the name from the TV show "Puppets Who Kill". Added the 604 as it's the area code of metro Vancouver. "Rocko" itself was taken.

Jerseys owned: The home RBK edge jersey, a vintage Neely jersey (black) and a few t-shirts. Still debating on getting Lucic's name and number on the RBK jersey. Also have a Lucic Giants jersey from his junior days.

Last edited:

ProdigalFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 2, 2011
Mansfield, MA
Happy to be able to join up with the rest of you Bruins fans, finally! :banana:

Name: Jean

Fav All time Bruins: Orr, Espo, Neely, Bourque

Fav Current Bruins: Bergeron, and now also Kaberle

Fav Bruin moment/how I became a fan: Thanks to my dad, I became the only girl in my elementary class carrying around a Bruins 3 ring binder to class. Had all those player pics from the Sunday Globe comic section on my bedroom walls. Watched all the games on WSBK-38 in black and white, including the two championships.

How long I have been a B's fan: See next

Origin of screen name: I became a fan of the Bruins in 1969, and have followed them intermittently ever since. Because of personal/work circumstances, I haven't really followed the team since the early 90's, but I started watching again this season, and have rekindled my hockey love. I even brought my dad to his first Bruins game in about 30 years as a Christmas gift, and it was last month's slug fest against the Habs. What a game!

Jerseys owned: None now, but will buy a Kaberle jersey once he resigns. :nod:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad