Who are our Core Players?

huntison

Aug 12, 2008
Horvat and Tanev are the future. The Core, is Sedins, Burrows, Edler, Bieksa and Higgins.

Bieska and Higgins need to go for picks.

This is what I see next year.

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian
??? - Horvat - ???
Burrows - Bonino - Hansen
Virtanen - ??? - Dorsett
Kenins

Edler - Tanev
Hamhuis - ???
Sbisa - Corrado
Clendening

???
???

TheWanderer

Nov 15, 2013
The problem with our core is that it is very old, and it is also coming near the end of many of the contracts. We haven't managed to add to or evolve our core at all for years. We had hoped Hodgson would have worked out. Should have kept Grabner. Should have kept Ehrhoff. Wish Kassian would pan out...

I mean, our core is basically Sedins, Hansen, now Horvat, Edler, Tanev, Hamhuis, Bieksa. Most of those players' contracts are coming to an end.

We have nothing to replace the Sedins, so I hope we get them for another couple years as our hopeful next generation steps in. They are such incredible mentors. I hope Hamhuis retires a Canuck. And honestly, I would love if Bieksa retired a Canuck, so long as he started taking pay cuts because he is seriously regressing.

I would really like to keep Vrbata around.

Horvat is becoming part of our core, and we all hope that Virtanen will do the same. It's unfortunate (and honestly kind of stupid) that we have no D-men really stepping in any time soon. Although... Bieksa and Edler weren't first rounders, and Tanev was undrafted... so who knows what happens with the prospects we have...

Our current core is really old, and one Horvat isn't enough to fix that. We hoped things would change after seeing what Bonino was doing to start the season, but that came to an end. Maybe the injury was the cause of that, or just that he was stuck with freakin' Higgins all year...

Our top 6 is really freakin' soft.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad