Speculation: Who are Buyers & Sellers?

93oilerfan93

Apr 2, 2018
Want to figure out who is going to be aquiring players(trade or Ufa) and what teams will be selling players or both?

Buyers
Philadelphia
Vancouver
Calgary
Buffalo
Detroit
Florida
Dallas
Colorado
St. louis
Boston
NYI
Chicago
Columbus
San Jose

Buyers & Sellers
Winnipeg- center help defense help?? & Trouba
Toronto- defense help & cap clearing
Ottawa-rebuild trade players & adding to hit cap floor
Edmonton-forward help & shedsing contracts
Washington- burakovsky
New jersey-Hall? vantenen? Hit cap floor
Nashville- Matt duchene & cap clearing
Tampa bay- defense help & clear cap
Pittsburgh- stay competitive & clear cap
Arizona- stay competitive & clear cap
Carolina
Minnesota

Sellers
Anaheim
Los Angeles
NYR
Vegas

If your team is in the wrong spot, comment and i can switch it around or other suggestions through them in the comments

If you want to put what your team wants to acquire and what players its looking to trade away comment about that to

Thanks

Last edited:

RalphyDanger

"Where's the Hustle Boys!"
Nov 1, 2010
I would move the Rangers into the sellers. I think they’re looking to move players like Kreider, Shatty, or Namestnikov, rather than buy what other teams are selling.

Reactions: Dog

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I think Carolina will be potentially be buyers and sellers. They may move a RHD as they have 4 of them at the NHL level and they want to acquire a top 6 F. Might not be in the same deal, but I expect movement both ways. I also think with Aho's extension and other signings (Williams? Mrazek? etc..), they may want to move a bottom 6 forward as well and backfill from Charlotte.

With TVR and DeHann both having shoulder surgery this offseason, they may hold off moving a RHD though.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Minnesota
Buying...
- Top-6 RW or younger RW with top-6 potential
- Younger center with top-6 potential (e.g. someone to succeed Staal and Koivu)
- Possibly picks?

Selling...
- Zucker, apparently
- Maybe a defenseman in the right deal for a center
- Dark horse: Dubnyk

Keeping...
- The NMCs: Suter, Parise, Koivu
- The younger forwards: Fiala, Donato, Kunin, Greenway, Eriksson-Ek (maybe)
- Dumba
- Kaprizov
- 1st round picks

Last edited:

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
Habs:

Buying:

High-end forward (60+ points)
Big Physical Forward (this one and the first one can be the same player)
Lhd top 4 D
Backup goalie

Selling:

Middle six wingers: any of them except Armia realistically.

Yes multiple should/will be traded ideally

Keeping:
Weber
Price
Petry (unless that Karlsson rumor is true)
Mete
Top six forwards only moved for upgrades or to fill a greater need.
Top Prospects only moved for long term solutions

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Habs:

Buying:

High-end forward (60+ points)
Big Physical Forward (this one and the first one can be the same player)
Lhd top 4 D
Backup goalie

Selling:

Middle six wingers: any of them except Armia realistically.

Yes multiple should/will be traded ideally

Keeping:
Weber
Price
Petry (unless that Karlsson rumor is true)
Mete
Top six forwards only moved for upgrades or to fill a greater need.
Top Prospects only moved for long term solutions

Realistically, Armia is definitely not excluded from the selling list.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Minnesota
Buying...
- Possibly picks?

Selling...
- Zucker, apparently

Keeping...
- Kaprizov
- 1st round picks
Couple of changes I’d make would be that Eriksson Ek wouldn’t be on the keep list and Dumba would be on the keep list. Otherwise, that is spot on.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Couple of changes I’d make would be that Eriksson Ek wouldn’t be on the keep list and Dumba would be on the keep list. Otherwise, that is spot on.
I more or less agree and did add Dumba to the keep list. I don't think he's completely off limits, but I don't think he's realistically available either.

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
But really, buying assets attached to bad contracts (3 years max). Hopefully moving up from 19 in this years draft.

Don't have much left to sell, Ceci, Andy, one of Pageau/Tierney, and Boedker/Smith (please).

RalphyDanger

"Where's the Hustle Boys!"
Nov 1, 2010
I was thinking the of the whole Erik Karlsson rumor

I don’t think the Rangers are in on him, unless he’s on the cheap. If other teams put in slightly better offers, I doubt the rangers would try to match.

I think that they are a year or two away from signing guys like EK or Panarin.

Last edited:

SlapshotTheMovie

Jan 18, 2013
I don’t think the Rangers are in on him, unless he’s on the cheap. If other teams put in slightly better offers I doubt the rangers would try to match.

I think that they are a year or two away from signing guys like EK or Panarin.
In 2 years the rangers have no more bad contracts. I would like it if they didnt go after any big names until then.

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
Want to figure out who is going to be aquiring players(trade or Ufa) and what teams will be selling players or both?

Buyers
Philadelphia
Vancouver
Calgary
Buffalo
Detroit
Florida
Dallas
Colorado
St. louis
Boston
NYI
Chicago
Columbus
San Jose

Buyers & Sellers
Winnipeg- center help defense help?? & Trouba
Toronto- defense help & cap clearing
Ottawa-rebuild trade players & adding to hit cap floor
Edmonton-forward help & shedsing contracts
Washington- burakovsky
New jersey-Hall? vantenen? Hit cap floor
Nashville- Matt duchene & cap clearing
Tampa bay- defense help & clear cap
Pittsburgh- stay competitive & clear cap
Arizona- stay competitive & clear cap
Vegas- improve team & clear cap
Carolina
Minnesota

Sellers
Anaheim
Los Angeles
NYR

If your team is in the wrong spot, comment and i can switch it around or other suggestions through them in the comments

If you want to put what your team wants to acquire and what players its looking to trade away comment about that to

Thanks

I think this is hard question because UFA is different from the trade deadline.

As a Ranger fan, I think they might do a bit of both. Trade some guys, but also sign a vet or two if for no other reason than to fill out the roster and be able to ice a team.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Hawks will be buyer , likely targeting top 4 LHD (Already linked to Murray) and top 9 C (Already linked to Hayes)

They also I suspect will move Anisimov for future asset as they look to get younger upfront and since AA just isn't a fit with Saad

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
Minnesota
Buying...
- Possibly picks?

Selling...
- Zucker, apparently

Keeping...
- Dumba
- Kaprizov
- 1st round picks

Wild are just one of those teams that no matter what they do, they can’t win the Cup as currently constructed. They’ve gotta tear the whole thing down and get as much futures as possible.

I get not wanting to field a dogshit team for 3+ years and the revenue hit that will come with that, but there’s no point in moving forward with a team whose ceiling is a wildcard spot that wouldn’t get out of first round.

Reactions: MSSLYNX

Mikachu93

Formerly MacTruck
Aug 1, 2010
NY
Rangers are probably a mix of both.

They will likely be looking to move Kreider for a package of a 1st and a prospect and the likes of Shattenkirk Namestnikov and Vesey for mid round picks if they can.

But you can just as easily, depending on which parts of the fan base and media you talk to, find valid arguments for being in on Panarin and trading for a guy like Trouba.

This could be a busy offseason for the Rangers. The overall goal is still to sell off nearly expiring assets but I think they would like to add some young-ish elite talent if presented the opportunity.

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
Rangers are probably a mix of both.

They will likely be looking to move Kreider for a package of a 1st and a prospect and the likes of Shattenkirk Namestnikov and Vesey for mid round picks if they can.

But you can just as easily, depending on which parts of the fan base and media you talk to, find valid arguments for being in on Panarin and trading for a guy like Trouba.

This could be a busy offseason for the Rangers. The overall goal is still to sell off nearly expiring assets but I think they would like to add some young-ish elite talent if presented the opportunity.

The rangers are in a bit of no-man’s land right now due to Panarin and Karlsson. You sign one of those guys and it’s pedal to the medal. If you don’t, I think you sell off every asset over 25 for futures and you build around Kakko.

The question though is Zbinijad who just turned 26. If you’re going the rebuilding/ building around Kakko move, keeping him isn’t the best move. You’d waste his excellent deal for the next 2-3 years and he also hurts the team’s chances to get higher draft picks. These next 2-3 drafts will be crucial after selecting your star (Kakko) and youll need as many top draft picks as you can get around him.

Reactions: bernmeister

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
TB will be buying and selling. They need to move out a player to accommodate Point. They also have a few UFA D leaving so they will need to fill one of those spaces. Perhaps Karlsson? Maybe but we will definitely be looking to add to the D this summer.

KingCanadain1976

Jul 8, 2009
Thunder Bay Ont. Can
For the kings yes we would be sellers the following would be available

Dion Quick Carter Forbort Lewis Toffoli and maybe Martinez Looking at futures with players coming back able to go to the ahl if possible and/ or draft picks.

I Like Eich

Oct 15, 2014
Minnesota
Buying...
- Possibly picks?

Selling...
- Zucker, apparently

Keeping...
- Dumba
- Kaprizov
- 1st round picks

with all the Zucker rumors, I am curious why MIN is shopping him if they need scoring? Is there some part his story there that I missed?
Have seen BUF linked to him and I think he would fit a need perfectly here, but I don't know what we can give for him if MIN wants scoring... BUF needs scoring, which is why they're inquiring about Zucker in the first place.

Shootertooter

Feb 20, 2016
The Rangers might be sniffing around Panarin but they are obvious sellers. They are always linked to every major UFA because they are the Rangers.......it doesn't mean they have genuine interest. Every agent wants to set a bidding war up against NY and other teams. It raises their clients value.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Wild are just one of those teams that no matter what they do, they can’t win the Cup as currently constructed. They’ve gotta tear the whole thing down and get as much futures as possible.

I get not wanting to field a dog**** team for 3+ years and the revenue hit that will come with that, but there’s no point in moving forward with a team whose ceiling is a wildcard spot that wouldn’t get out of first round.
Eh, people put arbitrary ceilings on teams every year and every year reality blows them out of the water. Who called Tampa getting swept? Who called Carolina going to the ECF? It's a weird league and there are no guarantees, especially with rebuilds.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad