Who among the Flyers defensive prospects will become a legit #1

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Just a shame that Ghost is a bust. You know, since hes now bad offensively and a liability defensively... at least that's what I've read on here.

Shoulda traded for Mantha when we had the chance. ;)

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Just a shame that Ghost is a bust. You know, since hes now bad offensively and a liability defensively... at least that's what I've read on here.

I mean, to be fair, he doesn't clear the crease. Because he is basically made of balsa wood. And this is 1984, so D men have to clear the crease with their muscular bodies. And how do they build those bodies? Jane Fonda Workout videotapes. You think Ghost knows Jane Fonda from Henry Fonda? I doubt it. Never even seen "On Golden Pond." Trade him.

ChiefWiggum

Dec 17, 2016
Newfoundland

Exactly, we should have kept Homer. Everybody's quick to point the finger at him but people forget he basically traded JVR for Luke Schenn, signed our best defenseman Andrew MacDonald to a big money long term contract and got us over the hump with the signings of Bryzgalov and a declining Lecavalier to big deals. I mean thank god we got the results because if we didn't, he might have looked like a real dummy after all.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I said Morin initially but I think the guy with the best shot now is obviously Provolone. He has been so solid this year it has been awesome.

Cootsfanclub

For Oskar!
Mar 29, 2013
Talking about #1s... What the hell is going on with Ekblad? -17? :amazed: I've just noticed this stat...

Mitchell, Gudbranson, and Kulikov had the toughest minutes at ES and the most SH minutes last season.

Their PK did get better though.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Weren't people also saying that Campbell helped shelter and cover for Ekblad's mistakes, but people were giving the credit to Ekblad?

Cootsfanclub

For Oskar!
Mar 29, 2013
Weren't people also saying that Campbell helped shelter and cover for Ekblad's mistakes, but people were giving the credit to Ekblad?

He was another guy used on the PK over Ekblad. They had similar ES time, no one matches Ekblad there anymore.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Wasn't the potential trade for Ekblad where they wanted Simmonds + the pick that became Sanheim + the pick that became Provorov? Might be remembering that wrong, but if not then thankfully we didn't do that.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Yeah something along those lines.

Moral of the story- don't expect an 18 year old kid that looks like he's 30, to continue to improve. He's got a great shot and he's big but he doesn't have exceptional mobility and his skating never really got better.

explosive skating

Jul 5, 2015
Wasn't the potential trade for Ekblad where they wanted Simmonds + the pick that became Sanheim + the pick that became Provorov? Might be remembering that wrong, but if not then thankfully we didn't do that.

You mean Hextall offered them Simmonds plus two 1st rounders for their 1st overall pick?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad