Who’s Your Team(s) in the Stanley Cup Playoffs

rotsbu

Feb 14, 2020
Mostly just hoping for good series.

East: Carolina. I really how they've constructed their team and admire/hate when it's against the CBJ how hard they are to play against.

West: Don't care too much. Except: cannot cheer for Jets due to PLD.

squashmaple

gudbranson apologist
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2022
Columbus
I'm mostly motivated by who I don't want in the Finals than cheering for anyone but Korpi in particular. Hard no on Seattle and Vegas (new expansions should suffer like we have), New Jersey (their fans need more pain), Tampa (obvious reasons), Toronto and Edmonton and Winnipeg (no joy for Canada, although I do think Winnipeg winning Canada's first cup in 30 years would be hilarious). I don't care at all about Carolina, either New York team, or Dallas. So I guess that leaves Boston and Florida and Colorado and, obviously, the Kings.

I've never cared less about the playoffs than I do this year.

Last edited:

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Could be. I live in the TB area so I hear & see more about them than Colorado. They have been inconsistent and based on 1st two games of playoffs they still are. Although being without Hedman & Cernak doesn't help, They also have lost some of the role guys who made them harder to play against. Colorado was without Landeskog all year, Hopefully both are ready for the playoffs.
Gossip time.

My coworkers brother is a equipment manager for the lightning, he told the Tampa guys are kinda spaced out, they are tired of not having any real time off in the summer. Theyve had deep run after deep run and don't get a true off-season compared to most.

Obviously just hearsay but still.

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Jul 13, 2022
Finland
Winning Stanley Cups is so tiring... :thumbu:

But in all honesty the speculation during the season in various places seems to be to never count them out... but they do seem a bit more tired this season compared to the past few seasons (also reflected in their points total and last games of the regular season). We'll see how it goes against Toronto...

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Winning Stanley Cups is so tiring... :thumbu:

But in all honesty the speculation during the season in various places seems to be to never count them out... but they do seem a bit more tired this season compared to the past few seasons (also reflected in their points total and last games of the regular season). We'll see how it goes against Toronto...
I know I was like I mean... They are millionaires living Tampa... They basically are already on vacation whenever they are home.

Reactions: Monk

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Arguably covered it in another thread:
I frankly can't decide on LA-EDM, because in both cases they're riding the success of guys from one of my teams that I would love to see win the Cup but at the same time said win would diminish pick value for one of my teams.

Normally I can just consistently apply the "Jackets #1" tiebreaker, but it's not working for this one and I can't quite figure out why. Maybe there's just too many levels of abstraction. Maybe it's that the ideal result is indeterminate both ways. Or I just like Ekholm that much. :dunno:

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
At this point I’m hoping for Toronto to get as deep as possible just for the entertainment side of it.

Wouldn’t mind the Bread Man or Bob to reach the SCF.

In the West, truly don’t care who wins, I guess with a slight preference of seeing McDavid reach the finals

Reactions: Halfboard

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I'd be so good with Jersey going on a long run if their fans didn't bully Gaudreau.

So I'm hoping Carolina wins. Although I think Jersey does.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
I’m on the Kraken bandwagon now. Obviously I want Bjorkstrand to do well, but I’m impressed with their construction of 4 strong lines - the opposite of Oilers/2023 version Avs type teams. It’s a model more easily replicated because you don’t tie up huge dollars (e.g. roster crunch) in a few players. Of course it requires some solid DMen and goaltending.

The CBJ has the makings of a good four line team if this draft goes well. The missing element in our 4 lines is solid forechecking. Of course our current D corp, until the young guys develop and arrive is a mess and our goaltending is as lost as the SS Minnow.

Last edited:

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I’m on the Kraken bandwagon now. Obviously I want Bjorkstrand to do well, but I’m impressed with their construction of 4 strong lines - the opposite of Oilers/2023 version Avs type teams. It’s a model more easily replicated because you don’t tie up huge dollars (e.g. roster crunch) in a few players. Of course it requires some solid DMen and goaltending.

The CBJ has the makings of a good four line team if this draft goes well. The missing element in our 4 lines is solid forechecking. Of course of current D corp, until the young guys develop and arrive is a mess and our goaltending is as lost as the SS Minnow.
It used to be high-end skill, so “we” clamored for it. Apparently “we” can’t have everything.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
I was just taking my first look over the brackets and thought I would check it out and see if there was a thread. I don't care a whole lot, in general, if it isn't the Jackets. But off the teams left I'd say it's only Carolina in the East and either Dallas or Edmonton in the West.

If I had to say that if I picked from the start, I would have supported a Stars/Canes matchup.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00