Who’s Rebuild is going better: NYR or VAN?

Who’s rebuild is going better?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Obviously it's a bit early to say, since any team can manage to be bad and collect high picks. I really like what the Rangers are doing so far though. Vancouver looks like they're not quite on the right track yet

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Nabrules

Nov 5, 2018
NY rangers rebuild is going better but I’d take the core VAN has built over the Rangers Core.
(Pettersson, Boeser, Hughes, Horvat, Podkolzin, Juolevi, Demko) > (Kakko, Kravtsov, Andersson, Miller, Lundqvist, Fox, Trouba)

*anyone 25 YO or younger*

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
I sure hope the Canucks don't do something moronic, like trade a 1st for a merely okay player, or sign Tyler Myers for something like 6.5/7...

UK Canuck

Dec 27, 2018
Just FYI: The Vancouver Canucks have never been in a rebuild under Jim Benning, he's just that bad at his job that we've been the worst team in the NHL for the last 5 years, he's given away more picks than he's received, he has NEVER gained a first round pick in a trade, he hasn't done a single move that you would recognise a rebuilding franchise to do, he just absolutely sucks.

but in short, the New York Rangers

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles
The Rangers have committed to a more focused, transparent rebuilding process but the Canucks have better high-end pieces, so I'm a bit confused as to the overwhelming results of this poll (albeit, this is the Canucks we're talking about). I would take Pettersson, Hughes, Horvat, Boeser, Demko and Podkolzin over Kakko, Kravstov, Chytil, Andersson, Shestyorkin, and Fox. Until Kakko can prove he can hang with a franchise center like Pettersson and Kravstov shows better than proven impact players like Boeser and Horvat, I'll go Vancouver here.

The Rangers rebuild looks great on paper but we need to give their top-end players time to prove themselves.

Reactions: majormajor

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
Canucks for now because they have Pettersson as a franchise forward and the Rangers only have one guy who might be one. Rangers have done a much better job of rebuilding in terms of process and in a year's time I would imagine they'll be clearly further along and I would absolutely take their roster over Vancouver's because you can apparently acquire first line forwards for a late first and Tage Thompson, or top pairing dmen for a 1st and a #6 defensemen/two 2nds and a couple plugs.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Pretty close right?

Both teams have underrated 2-way centres in Mika and Bo who are low end 1C's on most teams.
Both teams have a franchise changing talent in Petersson and Kakko
NY has a legit 1D in Trouba, Vancouver hopes to have one in older Hughes.
Both have great young goalies.

Then it really turns to depth. I like Boeser a lot more than most of the piece NY has, especially considering they're trying to trade Krieder.
I like the prospect pool in NY more than I do in Van.

Toss up. Anyone going AINEC is a homer, AINEC.

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
NY rangers rebuild is going better but I’d take the core VAN has built over the Rangers Core.
(Pettersson, Boeser, Hughes, Horvat, Podkolzin, Juolevi, Demko) > (Kakko, Kravtsov, Andersson, Miller, Lundqvist, Fox, Trouba)

If it's 25 and younger, you're forgetting Trouba, Chytil and Shesterkin on the Rangers side.

I think both are going pretty well, though. The Canucks are a little further along in the process, with Horvat and Boeser both being older than the Rangers potential non-franchise top-6 forward types.

Nabrules

Nov 5, 2018
If it's 25 and younger, you're forgetting Trouba, Chytil and Shesterkin on the Rangers side.

I think both are going pretty well, though. The Canucks are a little further along in the process, with Horvat and Boeser both being older than the Rangers potential non-franchise top-6 forward types.

My mistake Forgot Shestorkin and Chytil

John Johnson

Apr 11, 2019
Yeah this is a lot closer than the polls would indicate, but I guess since NYR has the better management it should go to them.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
We have better players but the Rangers have way better management and have some stud players as well. Hopefully Benning is fired ASAP and we get a competent GM who can negate Benning’s errors.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Vancouver wins most valuable asset. Pettersson playing center makes him more valuable than Kakko, but the Rangers win in nearly every other category, so I'll say Rangers, but its closer than most would think.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York

Why list Demko but not Shestyorkin?

Add Buchnevich, subtract Andersson. Andersson will likely never be as good as Buchnevich currently is. Add DeAngelo, subtract Lundkvist. There's a chance Lundkvist could be as good as DeAngelo currently is, but DeAngelo is already proven. Add Chytil, subtract Miller. That one is close, but Chytil is more proven.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad