Music: Whitney Houston, Nine Inch Nails set for Rock Hall induction

Say Hey Kid

MI retired Nick Saban
Dec 10, 2007
Bathory, GA
"Years after their deaths, Whitney Houston, the Notorious B.I.G. and T. Rex’s Marc Bolan will be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Joining them as part of the hall’s 2020 class are Nine Inch Nails, Depeche Mode and the Doobie Brothers. Houston, T. Rex, B.I.G. and the Doobie Brothers are being inducted after being on the ballot for the first time.
Rock Hall’s annual induction ceremony was originally supposed to take place in May at the Public Auditorium in Cleveland, the city where the rock museum is located, but things changed because of the coronavirus pandemic. Instead, HBO will air a taped special airing Saturday at 8 p.m. EST, with big names like Bruce Springsteen, Sean “Diddy” Combs and Alicia Keys making appearances alongside some of the inductees. Houston, who died in 2012, released her debut album in 1985 and became one of the greatest singers in music history. B.I.G. only released two albums but made a major impact on both the rap and pop music scenes. He died in 1997 at age 24. The death of Bolan in 1977 ended British band T. Rex, known primarily for its 1970s hit “Bang a Gong (Get it On)” and, to a lesser extent, “Jeepster.”
Whitney Houston, Nine Inch Nails set for Rock Hall induction

Last edited:

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Nine Inch Nails has always kinda baffled me. Maybe they just aren't that popular around here but their genre is right up my alley, most of my friends listened to the same type of music. Never heard them talked about hardly at all either positive or negative. Never really latched on to any of their music myself.

Reactions: Joliet Jake

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Nine Inch Nails has always kinda baffled me. Maybe they just aren't that popular around here but their genre is right up my alley, most of my friends listened to the same type of music. Never heard them talked about hardly at all either positive or negative. Never really latched on to any of their music myself.
They have an absolutely stellar live show.

I've never owned anything from them either and haven't really flipped through their catalog, but they're definitely worth a look into.

Soldier13Fox

jävlar anamma (f'ing embrace, get with it)
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2013
Coon Rapids

Highly recommend everything from The Fragile and prior. Some good albums since, but IMO not nearly as strong. The Fragile is probably my personal favorite.

Edit: Not "probably." It is my favorite. Double album that released over two decades ago and I still listen to it, in its entirety, regularly.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Highly recommend everything from The Fragile and prior. Some good albums since, but IMO not nearly as strong. The Fragile is probably my personal favorite.

Edit: Not "probably." It is my favorite. Double album that released over two decades ago and I still listen to it, in its entirety, regularly.

With Teeth and Hesitation Marks get underrated IMO.

With Teeth has a great droning empty depressed lyric undertone to generally upbeat sounding songs.

Hesitation Marks you get back to the electronic dance roots of Pretty Hate Machine.

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
Best live shows I've ever been to. Meeting Trent 10 years ago was one of the coolest things

It's unfortunate it isn't an in person induction. The collaborative performance could have been awesome tonight if most of the inductees were there

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Best live shows I've ever been to. Meeting Trent 10 years ago was one of the coolest things

It's unfortunate it isn't an in person induction. The collaborative performance could have been awesome tonight if most of the inductees were there

Agreed, they're the best live show I've seen, every time they bring it. Rob Zombie being the 2nd best show.

And we definitely got robbed not seeing NIN and Depeche Mode play together

Reactions: QueerGirrl

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad