Around the League | Round 1: FIGHT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
people are gonna bag on the isles and stars for losing their series but the hurricanes and knights are juggernauts. no shame in losing to either of them

Reactions: SeawaterOnIce

LemonSauceD

Instigator
Sponsor
Jul 31, 2015
Vancouver
Once LA gets bounced again Blake and Robitaille are gone.

They really need to properly rebuild. Too many of their prospects and young players over the years have busted (Bjornfot, Turcotte, Dolan, Fagemo, Moverare, Kupari), traded (Grans, Faber, Vilardi, Durzi), or have been underwhelming (Byfield, Kaliyev). Kopi and Doughty past their prime.

They’ve got a poor prospect pool but they do have Brandt Clarke who should pan out to be a #1 defenseman.

but yeah bleak future ahead.

credulous

Nov 18, 2021
los angeles are fine. they have a great cap structure. this summer they lose matt roy, victor arvidsson and all their goalies and have 21m to sign byfield, kaliyev, spence and some depth pieces

the following year they have another 15m to replace gavrikov and add if they want. the dubois contract could turn out to be a problem but the rest of their cap sheet is very, very good with fiala, danault and anderson on great contracts

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Once LA gets bounced again Blake and Robitaille are gone.

They really need to properly rebuild. Too many of their prospects and young players over the years have busted (Bjornfot, Turcotte, Dolan, Fagemo, Moverare, Kupari), traded (Grans, Faber, Vilardi, Durzi), or have been underwhelming (Byfield, Kaliyev). Kopi and Doughty past their prime.

They’ve got a poor prospect pool but they do have Brandt Clarke who should pan out to be a #1 defenseman.

but yeah bleak future ahead.

I thought the Kings were getting themselves into a position to be quite competitive, but they made some really counter intuitive moves - giving away Durzi and the Dubois trade are two pretty high profile mistakes, IMO. Obviously Faber is a great piece, but Fiala has been really good for LA.

They've had a few significant swings and misses on the draft board, but they've had some great hits, too. IMO, it's the trades where they've kind of shot themselves in the feet repeatedly.

-

Didn't expect the Isles to manage to win one. I thought they and the Caps were going out in 4 each.

Reactions: LemonSauceD

Nopefully

Nov 11, 2023
I really like the CBC crew, Bieksa and Friedman badgering each other is entertaining.
I was flabbergasted yesterday though when Ron Maclean called our two periods a “Masterpiece.” That was probably the best thing he’s ever said about the Canucks.

Reactions: M2Beezy

Just A Bit Outside

Playoffs??!
Mar 6, 2010
I really like the CBC crew, Bieksa and Friedman badgering each other is entertaining.
I was flabbergasted yesterday though when Ron Maclean called our two periods a “Masterpiece.” That was probably the best thing he’s ever said about the Canucks.
Probably being sarcastic that creepy bastard.

Reactions: SeawaterOnIce

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
OEL coming up clutch.

Van could use a guy like that on the back end.
Good for him. He seems like a good guy who was just part of a terrible trade by our former GM.
He’s turned out to be a good bottom pairing guy for Florida. He’s been through a rough few years.
Speaking of a guy we could use, it’s a shame we don’t have Forsling. Guy is a beast.

ziploc

Aug 29, 2003
Vancouver
OEL coming up clutch.

Van could use a guy like that on the back end.
You know what, you raise an interesting point here.

I don't hate OEL. Don't even dislike him. While he certainly underwhelmed in his time here, he is not ultimately to blame for his rancid contract and especially for the putrid, no vaseline deal that M. Benning perpetrated to bring him to Vancouver.

But the idea that a player with his notorious legacy as a Canuck, who we have essentially paid and will continue to pay in crippling cap space penalty for years, should go on and potentially win the Stanley Cup, perhaps even contributing to his new team's success along the way - well, that, my friends, sticks in my craw just a little.

I don't mind confessing that I am not overfond of that idea, no sir, no way, no how.

I can just about endure the ignominy - I say ignominy - for the greater good of the Panthers beating a team like the Maple Leafs, the Bruins, or, heaven forfend, the Oilers or the Golden Knights. But that is about the extent of noxious bile that I can suppress.

In summation: Go Canucks.

Reactions: quat

valkynax

The LEEDAR
Sponsor
May 19, 2011
Burnaby
And yet...so right

And Marchand's PPG just now made it 2-0.

On that JVR goal, it was an unlucky bounce, and then everyone scrambled, finished with Samsonov shitting the bed. So wrong, yet, like you said, so right.

I do have to say the call against Domi for cross check was pretty f***ing weak, it was barely a nudge.

Reactions: ziploc
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad