White recalled on emergency basis

18Hossa

And Grace, Too
Oct 12, 2012
odd do you have to prove to the nhl that you needed to use this
Probably, I would imagine you just need to prove that you need to call up a forward to dress 12. I'd imagine we fit that with Gaborik and Stone being injured.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Probably, I would imagine you just need to prove that you need to call up a forward to dress 12. I'd imagine we fit that with Gaborik and Stone being injured.

Also: White can stay with the team until the injured player in question he is replacing comes back into the lineup, at which point White is mandatory required to go back down.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Anyone else starting to get slightly nervous with White? Im not seeing top 6 offensively at the moment nor am i seeing the pesky physical play i had seen in other leagues. He still has a deer in headlights feel to him but hopefully growth is coming for his game soon

Reactions: robsenz and DrEasy

bigsby

Jul 11, 2014
Ottawa
Anyone else starting to get slightly nervous with White? Im not seeing top 6 offensively at the moment nor am i seeing the pesky physical play i had seen in other leagues. He still has a deer in headlights feel to him but hopefully growth is coming for his game soon

I think he needs a solid 25-30 games with the big club without being yo-yo'd back to Belleville so he can get comfortable. It must be a little intimidating knowing that you can be sent back because of one or two plays a game. If he fails to show any progress after that, I would start to think a little harder about it.

Reactions: Adrianopolous

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I think he needs a solid 25-30 games with the big club without being yo-yo'd back to Belleville so he can get comfortable. It must be a little intimidating knowing that you can be sent back because of one or two plays a game. If he fails to show any progress after that, I would start to think a little harder about it.

Teams talk to players.

No bluechip prospect gets sent down with no explanation/context.

Some of you people need to realize that a lot goes on outside of games

bigsby

Jul 11, 2014
Ottawa
Teams talk to players.

No bluechip prospect gets sent down with no explanation/context.

Some of you people need to realize that a lot goes on outside of games

Where do you get that I think that doesn't happen? Explanation or not, it takes time to feel comfortable in a new environment. I just think you'll start to see his true game after some longer experience.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Where do you get that I think that doesn't happen? Explanation or not, it takes time to feel comfortable in a new environment. I just think you'll start to see his true game after some longer experience.

Colin White isn't going to be sent down because of a slight mistake he made in-game is my point.

Comely

Nov 26, 2007
Cambridge
I feel as though we should have drafted Konecny instead of White. I hope White proves me wrong..

That was who I wanted at the time, admittedly I had zero clue who White was and had seen Konecny a few times. It would have been nice if they went with the 67

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Yeah, I'm not a big fan on White, I wanted us to go with Konecny as well. In any event I wish him all the best in his call up.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Yeah, I'm not a big fan on White, I wanted us to go with Konecny as well. In any event I wish him all the best in his call up.
You were not the only one . Konecny was a lot of people's first choice ...
We have to be patient with White he will be an important player one day.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010

The biggest thing right now is getting stronger. He’s tenacious, he just doesn’t have the strength to come out on the right end right now. He was never going to be that offensive star but he can be a nice complimentary player. It’s his first year of professional hockey, it’s a big jump for a lot of players, too soon to start worrying.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road

He looked great at the the game I went to last weekend. Had a nice breakaway goal.

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Starting to think it’s how Ottawa develops players and not so much which player gets taken. If the Sens had taken Konecny, this conversation would still be happening but we’d be marvelling at how well White is doing with the Flyers.

konecny went straight from junior to the nhl, no real development time.

White's situation was unfortunate with him breaking the arm, think it was the arm I can't remember, at the end of camp. had he not done that I think we'd be sitting on a mid 30s rookie season. I expect him to have a good summer of strength building and a real good season next year

Reactions: topshelf15

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
konecny went straight from junior to the nhl, no real development time.

White's situation was unfortunate with him breaking the arm, think it was the arm I can't remember, at the end of camp. had he not done that I think we'd be sitting on a mid 30s rookie season. I expect him to have a good summer of strength building and a real good season next year
White was penciled in to start the season with the big club...Him breaking his arm was a setback,he didnt get the chance to show what he could do....

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
I hope you are right....I am getting a feeling he could turn out to be another Lazar.

scallionjj11

FOREVERALFIE
Jun 10, 2009
East Coast
Let's see how White shows up for next years camp and then we will have a better idea on what he may or may not turn into. The broken arm definitely doesn't help matters.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad