White recalled on emergency basis

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Seems White gets a lot of bumps and bruises. I seem to remember losing a lot of time in his draft+1 year, and again last season, at camp last fall....

Not sure if he simply doesn't have the body for his playstyle, or what.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
I hope you are right....I am getting a feeling he could turn out to be another Lazar.

Based on what exactly?

I still can't believe how much hype Lazar got... I barely watched him in junior and even I could tell he had no shot at being a productive player in the NHL.

mysens

Apr 9, 2013
Based on what exactly?

I still can't believe how much hype Lazar got... I barely watched him in junior and even I could tell he had no shot at being a productive player in the NHL.
Actually, on the same fact you just stated, I feel that White has also received lots of hype too. I hope he has a shot at being a productive player in the NHL

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
Anyone else starting to get slightly nervous with White? Im not seeing top 6 offensively at the moment nor am i seeing the pesky physical play i had seen in other leagues. He still has a deer in headlights feel to him but hopefully growth is coming for his game soon
Looks like Lazar at this point

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Looks like Lazar at this point
He's nothing like Lazar. He has a much better head for the game .. IMO he is a little behind but he will get stronger and he will work hard on his game ,.. it will all come together for him. we just have to be patient.

Last edited:

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Well it's either that or letting them rot in Belleville. There's really no possible way to be optimistic and patient with prospects at this point.

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
He's nothing like Lazar. He has a much better head for the game .. IMO he is a little behind but he will get stronger and he will work hard on his game ,.. it will all come together for him. we just have to be patient.

Hopefully you're right, I'm just not seeing anything overly positive to be optimistic about

Reactions: Daffy

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Hopefully you're right, I'm just not seeing anything overly positive to be optimistic about
When he was drafted he wasn’t expected to be an offensive force. He was always projected to be a middle 6 2 way forward that can chip in every now and then.

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
I'v said it for quite a while, but imo White is going to top out as a very good 3rd liner for us. I just don't see the offensive creativity.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Seems White gets a lot of bumps and bruises. I seem to remember losing a lot of time in his draft+1 year, and again last season, at camp last fall....

Not sure if he simply doesn't have the body for his playstyle, or what.

White has been injury prone for a while now but the good news is that Ottawa has Chlapik who could share his spot as well as a number of good centres coming that could be injury replacements & good centre depth in future in Brown, Batherson & Luchuk.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad