OT: White House warns that Russian invasion of Ukraine may happen any day now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
All this wouldn't be happening if NATO had accepted Ukraine as a member years ago when they asked to join. Instead NATO and their western leaders tried to placate Putin by turning Ukraine down. Look how that's turning out. Shades of Neville Chamberlaine and "Peace in our time".
Russia will invade Ukraine if they can't get what they want by intimidation and negotiation. You can take that to the bank. Economic sanctions won't deter Vlad the Impaler in the slightest. He laughs at them. Our KGB spy wants to return Russia to the glory days of the Soviet Union, territorial wise. I'm sure he has wet dreams about that.

Nanuuk

Nov 16, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
Seems like we've been infiltrated with Russian sympathizers. Funny that. War being imminent and we're seeing Russia is just misunderstood, it is all the Anglo-Saxons fault.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheHudlinator

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Seems like we've infiltrated with Russian sympathizers. Funny that. War being imminent and we're seeing Russia is just misunderstood, it is all the Anglo-Saxons fault.
Its obvious that Putin is just a peace loving good guy being forced into doing stuff that he doesn't want to do. This is all the West's fault. They're the real bad guys. :sarcasm:

I kind of think you're right about the Russian sympathizer part of your post and I'm actually quite surprised.... shocked even. Russia and before that the USSR, has never played nice with others and they have a history of supporting on vicious dictators/strongmen and autocrats.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Nice F-15 avatar btw..
Thanks. I photographed it in 2019 while visiting the imperialistic, capitalistic, war mongering USA. Las Vegas's Nellis Air Force Base to be exact.

karhukissa

Apr 2, 2019
Seems like we've been infiltrated with Russian sympathizers. Funny that. War being imminent and we're seeing Russia is just misunderstood, it is all the Anglo-Saxons fault.
War is imminent!

BR,
Uncle Sam

I don't personally symphatize Russia, i'm just not believing everything that USA says. Also from what i've read from European military personnel, there are tensions obviously but war being imminent is something out of White House or Langley whatever.

I believe that there will be a solution coming and not war. Also, this situation has been going on since 2014, and now people are panicking..

Reactions: deleted user

BobColesNasalCavity

Oct 15, 2016
West Side
All this wouldn't be happening if NATO had accepted Ukraine as a member years ago when they asked to join. Instead NATO and their western leaders tried to placate Putin by turning Ukraine down. Look how that's turning out. Shades of Neville Chamberlaine and "Peace in our time".
Russia will invade Ukraine if they can't get what they want by intimidation and negotiation. You can take that to the bank. Economic sanctions won't deter Vlad the Impaler in the slightest. He laughs at them. Our KGB spy wants to return Russia to the glory days of the Soviet Union, territorial wise. I'm sure he has wet dreams about that.

Even if they checked all the boxes to be eligible, what exactly is the military benefit to NATO adding Ukraine to the roster other than saying a giant f*** you to Putin and pissing off the Russians even more than they are now? Seems like it just adds one more country to the list that needs NATO (US) protection. And if Ukraine did check all the boxes, they would be a military and economic powerhouse and a net contributor, not a net detriment to any alliance. In other words, they'd be fine without NATO.

The present situation itself is in no small part due to the Russians deep fear of NATO expanding to its doorstep (which it has) when its own power has been on the decline for decades. But they expanded to their doorstep 20 years ago, so why are they all up in arms about it now? Domestic politics more than anything. If you look at the timing of that first stampede to NATO post USSR breakup it coincided with Putin driving an army through Chechnya. The next batch were only a few years later. They have tasted Russian rule & they don't want another helping. And that being said, those NATO admissions were more political decisions than military.

Militarily speaking also, I would think invasion is imminent. Why go through all this if you have no intention to invade. Putin has other easier options to exact concessions. He could have easily armed 80,000 Donbas troops to make life miserable for Kiev and would not have such political baggage.

And any concessions the West gives will be closely watched by China in regards to Taiwan. That's another angle of why the US needs to hold its ground and arm the shit out of the Ukrainians in order to inflict a massive cost if Putin wants invade Ukraine. They need to know and see it's going to really really hurt to invade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad