Speculation: Which young player do you think will have the most impact this season?

Which young player will have the most impact this season?

• Total voters

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
I'm kind of shocked to see Entwistle being mentioned so much. I admittedly haven't seen him skate since late 2019, but he's.....not a good skater.

Edit: To expand on this, he moves well enough north/south, and seemed to have good speed, but there was something just off about his edgework and stride. Maybe it's just the fact that he's tall and lanky, and perception because of that. I dunno.

Last edited:

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Unless he has a truly bad season, I don't see why we wouldn't re-sign Kampf. Would probably be a negligible cap hit, and he's a good defensive 4th liner.

perhaps, it is possible that another youngster with the same defensive skills and a bit more offensive touch takes his role with their ELC.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
You can when you don't have enough development spots in your organization for all of them.

I'm disappointed they didn't close the NCAA loophole.

My question was rhetorical. Most of the good D prospects will fall by the wayside. You can never have enough, like good young pitching.

Reactions: Sinbad

bwana63

carter blanche
Jul 11, 2014
Chi western burbs
Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if they're having an AHL season if Boqvist spends most of the year in Rockford. I still like him a lot but I knew when they took him he was going to take some time. I think the Hawks were sort of forced to bring him up last year because of all of the defensive injuries.

Nope.

Ok, more like I highly, highly doubt it. He was fine last season (for a young rookie). Am expecting good strides this year.

Northernhawk

Feb 22, 2020
Back before the draft I posted my thoughts on who Chicago should have drafted...

I had Seth Jarvis if they traded up
Nike Gunler at 17
And I had J J Peterka if they traded down

Jarvis was picked #13 by Carolina
Chicago picked Lukas Reichel at #17
Peterka was picked #34 by Buffalo
Gunler was picked #41 by Carolina

Now at the world jrs. we know Reichel had to opt out due to COVID but the others are doing well...
Peterka and Gunler are putting up good numbers, I believe Reichel would have been there as well...but man I wish the Hawks had traded down for JJ Peterka...

Sinbad

Jun 22, 2018
Parts Unknown
I have been watching Entwistle play since his minor hockey days with the Marlies in the GTHL, he has never been an overly physical player despite good size and his skating has always been average at best. Having said that he has always been a difference maker because he is such a cerebral player with a non-stop motor. The type of player who will put team success ahead of individual accomplishments.

While there have always been other more flashy teammates, Entwistle has always been a player the coach taps on the shoulder in key moments. I have no doubt he will play in the NHL, may not be more than a third line guy but is the type of player winning teams look for.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
I have been watching Entwistle play since his minor hockey days with the Marlies in the GTHL, he has never been an overly physical player despite good size and his skating has always been average at best. Having said that he has always been a difference maker because he is such a cerebral player with a non-stop motor. The type of player who will put team success ahead of individual accomplishments.

While there have always been other more flashy teammates, Entwistle has always been a player the coach taps on the shoulder in key moments. I have no doubt he will play in the NHL, may not be more than a third line guy but is the type of player winning teams look for.

I wonder if he can be a fit with a DeBrincat-Strome line. They played very well with a power forward in Erie, Taylor Raddysh.

I’m not sure exactly how Raddysh and Entwistle compare skating wise, but Raddysh hasn’t exactly greatly outproduced Entwistle in the AHL — so I don’t know how big the gap is skill-wise.

In his two seasons with Syracuse, Raddysh has averaged about .6 PPG, last season Entwistle average about .46 PPG — that breaks down to a 10-12 point difference over a full 82.

I don’t see the harm in giving that line a shot this season just to see how it goes, assuming Strome signs of course.

Giovi

Sponsor
Feb 1, 2009
I wonder if he can be a fit with a DeBrincat-Strome line. They played very well with a power forward in Erie, Taylor Raddysh.

I’m not sure exactly how Raddysh and Entwistle compare skating wise, but Raddysh hasn’t exactly greatly outproduced Entwistle in the AHL — so I don’t know how big the gap is skill-wise.

In his two seasons with Syracuse, Raddysh has averaged about .6 PPG, last season Entwistle average about .46 PPG — that breaks down to a 10-12 point difference over a full 82.

I don’t see the harm in giving that line a shot this season just to see how it goes, assuming Strome signs of course.
In Junior you can get away with icing a line with 2 guys with bad wheels. Not so much in the NHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad