Speculation: Which young player do you think will have the most impact this season?

Which young player will have the most impact this season?

• Total voters

Muffinalt

Mar 1, 2016
Hungary
Suter I think is different category than the others, but Barratt is being slept on a little of he isnt even mentioned with Hagel, Entwistle etc. I think he will get some looks by the end of the season.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
I think Entwhistle is a type that needs more seasoning. He was like the most improved guy in Rockford but of course big guys can take time.

clydesdale line

Connor BeJesus
Jan 10, 2012
Just not a fan of Entwhistle's skating. But admittedly it's been a while since I watched him in Rockford.

Kaners Bald Spot

Dec 6, 2011
Kane County, IL
Given the choices, it's a no-brainer: Suter.

Add Mitchell & Boqvist and now you have a riddle, lol.
Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if they're having an AHL season if Boqvist spends most of the year in Rockford. I still like him a lot but I knew when they took him he was going to take some time. I think the Hawks were sort of forced to bring him up last year because of all of the defensive injuries.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Honestly I wouldn't be surprised if they're having an AHL season if Boqvist spends most of the year in Rockford. I still like him a lot but I knew when they took him he was going to take some time. I think the Hawks were sort of forced to bring him up last year because of all of the defensive injuries.

He will be on the hawks Jan 13th.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Boqvist will be on the Hawks Jan 13th... if the AHL starts It will probably be a bit later but they seem to be considering doing it.

Reactions: featherhawk

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I did not have an issue with Boqvist playing in the NHL last season.

I was in the camp that wanted him to stay in Rockford, but I think he handled himself well when he got called up. The offence isn't there yet, but the defence was better than expected.

I would like to see Beaudin up at some point too because I thought he was solid in his debut.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
I did not have an issue with Boqvist playing in the NHL last season.

I was in the camp that wanted him to stay in Rockford, but I think he handled himself well when he got called up. The offence isn't there yet, but the defence was better than expected.

I would like to see Beaudin up at some point too because I thought he was solid in his debut.

agreed on both counts, I look for Beaudin to get some time in the later half of the shortened season.

featherhawk

Dec 13, 2006
Compete (which by all accounts he has in spades) can go a long way.

ya, he has that but there is a bit of a logjam at the moment. It will be interesting to see what happens when a pile of contracts end after this season and that is when I think Entwistle and Barratt really make a push to make the club.

Expiring Forward contracts after this season:

RFA
Kampf: replacable likely not signed
Nylander: f***ed if I know...
Wallmark: Sign him!

UFA
Janmark: please don't sign him
Smith: he is toast
Soderberg: please don't sign him

Carpenter is UFA the following year and if not traded prior to being UFA he won't be resigned

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
ya, he has that but there is a bit of a logjam at the moment. It will be interesting to see what happens when a pile of contracts end after this season and that is when I think Entwistle and Barratt really make a push to make the club.

Expiring Forward contracts after this season:

RFA
Kampf: replacable likely not signed
Nylander: f***ed if I know...
Wallmark: Sign him!

UFA
Janmark: please don't sign him
Smith: he is toast
Soderberg: please don't sign him

Do you see Wallmark as Kampf’s replacement then?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad