Which was your favourite Leafs goal from the 2019-20 regular season?

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Can't remember the exact circumstances, but Spetzky had a hell of a goal to tie the game late before we won it in OT. He took off like a bat out of hell through the neutral zone and blasted a heavy shot right past the goalie for a huge goal. Maybe not my FAVORITE, but it was up there.
Are you referring to this Jason Spezza goal vs Anaheim which gave Toronto a 4-3 lead late in the 3rd period.

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
Are you referring to this Jason Spezza goal vs Anaheim which gave Toronto a 4-3 lead late in the 3rd period.

Thank you! I had my facts mixed up a little bit, but this one had me jumping off my couch and running around my living room. It looks like we actually let the Ducks tie it again late, but still prevailed in OT.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Thank you! I had my facts mixed up a little bit, but this one had me jumping off my couch and running around my living room. It looks like we actually let the Ducks tie it again late, but still prevailed in OT.
I remember being shocked at how well Spezza shot that puck, because it wasn't something I was expecting to see. Also yes the Ducks tied that game playing 6v5 and it was John Tavares who scored this goal to win it in overtime.

Reactions: zeke and kb

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I'm surprised no one has mentioned this Morgan Rielly overtime goal against Boston. Also Rielly and Marner jumping into each other was great after the puck went into the net, because was obvious a win like that meant a lot more considering how things went against them in the 2018 and 2019 playoffs.

Also speaking of overtime goals there was this Mitch Marner goal against Ottawa and it was off a one timer shot that we don't see him use a lot.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Kapanen's overtime goal against Arizona and this was the game where the Coyotes scored in overtime and their goal was disallowed because of goaltender interference.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
When John Tavares scored this overtime goal against Buffalo it was Sheldon Keefe's first home game as the Leafs coach. So it was great to win that night and it's always fun defeating the Sabres.

Also I still don't know how Auston Matthews got this puck into the net when they played Vancouver.

Darth Menace

Apr 14, 2016
Matthews spin-o-rama to Marner for the goal. If that was on any other Leaf's stick it would likely be a surefire miss

cannucky

Aug 18, 2011
Matthews spin-o-rama to Marner for the goal. If that was on any other Leaf's stick it would likely be a surefire miss
Marner has done that spin-o-rama pass assist at least two dozen times , he did it to Hymen against Dallas but people keep acting like it's a Mathews origional lol

Reactions: ACC1224

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Marner has done that spin-o-rama pass assist at least two dozen times , he did it to Hymen against Dallas but people keep acting like it's a Mathews origional lol

That was a nice goal when Hyamn scored it against Dallas, however it was Matthews making the spin-o-rama pass to Marner for the goal. Plus the circumstances were also different since Marner's goal from Matthews tied the game when the Leafs were losing 6-4 in the 3rd period.

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
Tough to narrow it down with so many beauties.

Auston's against the Buffalo stands out as he was just so casual about it. Kind of like, I'm just going to do this, then that, then goal light on.

But if I had to pick one it would be Marner's puck steal right after the Leafs had just scored, unforgettable goal in an unforgettable game.

Reactions: kb and ACC1224

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad