Which was your favourite Leafs goal from the 2019-20 regular season?

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
yeah no question the auston spin pass to Mitch.
I don't know about anyone else but that was one goal which I never saw live as it happened. I was listening to the game through the radio broadcast on the NHL app at a Hampton Inn because I was in Findlay, Ohio and driving back home to Toronto from Orlando, Florida. When I heard Joe Bowen's call I knew once the video of it was posted that I had to see it and wow was I shocked at how great that pass that was.

Last edited:
Reactions: OddyOh, kb and zeke

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Favourite goal was Willie pulling off the JvR move.

That goal was just a beautiful thing. I like Willy. He really rates right up there with our best players on the team when you compile all skills together. Shot is power and accuracy. Skating is strong. Possession of the puck great. Zone entries with possession are dominant on a league level. Skills like the goal in this video are mind boggling. Completely improved defensively. Seeing the ice and passing skills high quality consistently. This year he came in and just dominated the net front with his quick hands.

Willy doesn’t get enough love! He’s awesome. I think probably capable of point per game or close every season until this contract ends. 25-35 goal capability over that time seems possible too. I just hope he stays healthy the entire contract and see what he does.

He doesn’t score like Matthews or pass like marner but he has consolidated grasp of both skills that makes him just as much a threat. He dominated this year. Tall order he put on himself and then he goes out and does it.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
At first I thought this said goal song of the season, and was like well this is gonna be dull we only had one.

As others have said

- Matthews spin pass to Marner. Insane creativity and vision. Showed why Babcock should have tried them together at some point

- Nylander through the legs; I’m biased here, since I was at the game, but it’s an insanely nice goal from the net front area. Nylander continues to score from there (he leads the league in goals from the net front/slot area) but for some reason we still get the ol trope of Nylander not wanting to go to tough areas and is a perimeter player.

Reactions: LeafsNation75

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I'll call it a tie with Marner's winner that came like 45 seconds later.

Man, that game was an all-timer. I'll never forget that. Short of a championship, that's as great of a sports moment as you can get.
Loudest regular season game I’ve ever been to.

Primary Assist

The taste of honey is worse than none at all
Jul 7, 2010
Can't remember the exact circumstances, but Spetzky had a hell of a goal to tie the game late before we won it in OT. He took off like a bat out of hell through the neutral zone and blasted a heavy shot right past the goalie for a huge goal. Maybe not my FAVORITE, but it was up there.

Tairy Greene

Feb 2, 2020
The Marner/Matthews/Willy goals made me excited to be a fan of this team. Frustrating year but so much talent to take over a game

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
How about a little Marty love for all the times I bitterly complained about him in the lineup...

How many people thought Martin Marincin off all players would end up scoring a game winning goal this past season? Never mind the fact he hit the post right before getting his own rebound.

Reactions: kb

kb

Aug 28, 2009
How many people thought Martin Marincin off all players would end up scoring a game winning goal this past season? Never mind the fact he hit the post right before getting his own rebound.
He still handles the puck like a grenade under pressure, but that was a thing of beauty. He followed up his post beautifully by stepping around the D-men, who were puck watching.

Reactions: LeafsNation75

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad