Which Upcoming UFAs/RFAs Do You Want Back?

Who Should We Re-Sign?

• Max Domi

Votes: 61 88.4%
  • Tyler Bertuzzi

Votes: 31 44.9%
  • Simon Benoit

Votes: 66 95.7%
  • Timothy Liljegren

Votes: 55 79.7%
  • TJ Brodie

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Joel Edmundson

Votes: 42 60.9%
  • Ilya Lyubushkin

Votes: 19 27.5%
  • Ilya Samsonov

Votes: 15 21.7%
  • Martin Jones

Votes: 12 17.4%
  • John Klingberg

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Matt Murray

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Nick Robertson

Votes: 47 68.1%

• Total voters

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Benoit, Liljegren, and Robertson are all an easy yes as RFA’s and good young depth. Domi is pretty close to a definitive yes to be brought back as a UFA. Bertuzzi is near the same category but I’m waiting to see how the playoffs go and either way he might price himself out.

Samsonov is contingent on price and playoff performance. Murray if he wants to take league minimum like Jones just did I’d be open to him. I’d be open to Edmundson but I’ve a feeling he’s going to experience the previous price bumps of Lyubushkin and Schenn and we won’t be able to retain him. I’d prioritize Boosh based on handedness unless you can entice someone like Pesce.

Brodie and Klingberg are easy noes. Jones if he’s cheap again I’d bring back but that would be at the expense of Murray.

Last edited:

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
It all depends on price for me, I'd keep guys but only if they come in at a price point I'm comfortable with

If Domi is willing to take 3×3 with some limited trade protection he can stay

I think Bertuzzi is going to cost to much and I'm not spending big money on another winger

I'd keep Benoit, he's an RFA and will cost next to nothing

I'd resign Liljegren but if he wants more than 3.5M I'm trading him

Brodie and Edmundson no, I think they will get more than I'm comfortable with and term scares me with both

Lyubushkin better want 2M or less or he can go, he's just a glorified bottom pair

No to Samsonov, Murray, Klingberg

Yes to Jones of he's less than a mill

Resign Robertson but if he wants more than 2.25M I'd trade him to

Honestly I don't really care enough about any of them to fight to keep them around

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Benoit, Liljegren and Robertson should be easy/obvious ones as RFAs. I'm potentially in wait-and-see mode with one of the forwards (Bertuzzi or Domi) and one of the defencemen (probably Edmundson or Lyubushkin). I might be tempted to turn the page on Brodie's Leaf tenure just because he could still command a good contract for his place in the lineup and it might be time for that magnitude of change. As for the goaltending, Samsonov has had his ups and downs with the team and we'd likely need a secondary option to pair with Woll that can play in more games than Jones should probably be trusted to handle at this point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad