Which Upcoming UFAs/RFAs Do You Want Back?

Who Should We Re-Sign?

• Max Domi

Votes: 61 88.4%
  • Tyler Bertuzzi

Votes: 31 44.9%
  • Simon Benoit

Votes: 66 95.7%
  • Timothy Liljegren

Votes: 55 79.7%
  • TJ Brodie

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Joel Edmundson

Votes: 42 60.9%
  • Ilya Lyubushkin

Votes: 19 27.5%
  • Ilya Samsonov

Votes: 15 21.7%
  • Martin Jones

Votes: 12 17.4%
  • John Klingberg

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Matt Murray

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • Nick Robertson

Votes: 47 68.1%

• Total voters

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Domi at $3mil with term
Lilly
Robertson
Benoit

Edmundson, Lyubushkin.... it depends on how they continue to play, how effective they, and we are in the playoffs. Can Lyubushkin be a good partner for Rielly. If we have success, and this works yes... as long as the price isn't unreasonable.

Bertuzzi... it really depends on how well he plays in the playoffs, and what funds we have left after upgrading the D, and maybe bringing in another C.... His position isn't a priority to me.

Samsonov. It depends on his continued play, and what type of contract he wants. I'm a maybe there.

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Domi, Bertuzzi, Edmundson and Benoit. And Lilegren goes without saying

Let brodie and Lysbushkin walk

Reactions: arso40

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
Certainly:
Benoit
Liljegren**
Robertson**

Playoff Based Return:
Edumson**
Bertuzzi
Domi
Samsonov

Market-Based Decision:
Boosh
Matt Murray**
Jones

Change/Likely traded off-season: **
Robertson
Liljegren
Wouldn't surprise me if the Blues-Leafs talk that has been going on for a while happens in the off-season if things go south in April, with a swap of players and all. IF it culminates into something! This will impact our future with Edmunson Boosh and Bertuzzi IMO.

There is a mutual interest between Domi and Leafs but IMO it depends on how...the negotiating goes again. Sweet talk is nice but when negotiation comes it changes everything. I wouldn't be surprised if Murray Returns as well at a discount, much to everyone's disappointment.

Larcos_Unal

Excuses are for losers
Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
Domi had me fooled until he started giving a shit. The way he's looked in the past 10 games he's a Leaf for a few more years if he takes a contract that makes sense.

Edmundson & Benoit I'd bring back, the back end has seriously missed these types in the Dubas era...no more free rides to the front of our net.

Bert I'd sign for less money than he's making now, if he asks for $6+ he can take a lap.

slozo

Aug 28, 2011
Newmarket, ON
I voted Domi, Bertuzzi, Benoit as well - along with Samsonov.
Each comes with its own caveat naturally, to be at the "right / reasonable price" . . . easy for Benoit, should be ok for Bert, but might be tricky with both Domi and Sammy.

Domi has really played up to a top line level while filling in for Marner, and he's a real solid versatile playmaker that has surprised me (was against the signing originally).

oh - Edmundson too!

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
I’d be checking in on Lili for term.
NickRob for sure.
Benny maybe for a couple years.
I’m on the fence about Domi for term if the number is good, given that most of the kids play the same wing, but his flexibility as a C is a nice feature.
Similarly, I’m not sure where I stand on Edmundson. I value what he brings, but he might be pricey, McCabe is due to extend, Reilly is locked up, Lili and Benny might get some term, and someone in there is the 4th lhd. And that’s before FA where a RHD is probably priority number one.
I feel like there’s an aav and term that makes sense for the team, maybe a lil less for the player. And lower on the priority list.
Steeves Abruzzese and Lajoie are rfa too, I’d keep the first two as well.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Liljegren, Robertson, and Benoit, obviously.
Depending on cost, maybe Domi, but he's really the only UFA to earn a re-signing.

TheTotalPackage

Sep 14, 2006
Domi for sure. He's brought a nice element to the team it was lacking.

Bertuzzi for the right deal. I think there is more there than he has given and that the playoffs will be where his value shows most.

Benoit is a good piece on the back end.

Liljegren and Robertson. Both young, homegrown talents who would be given up on too soon. I expect and want more from Robertson, but I'd rather he work out his kinks here than seeing him potentially flourish elsewhere. He may just end up being what he is, which is fine as well, as unfortunate as it'd be for something with his talent.

fancy lad

Nov 22, 2021
some of you seem on the fence about Domi... makes me confused.

How is Domi not a slam dunk? Obviously you don't want to overpay, but to the eye test (my eyes at least), he has been the best forward on this team outside of the core 4. And he fights. And he bleeds blue and white.

no. brainer.

mydnyte

Sep 8, 2004
Who replaces Samsonov? Woll is proving he isnt the real deal. he's a solid backup, but, not likely a starter.

Bert and Domi depend on the price tag, we need 3 D-men, and it would be nice to take a run at Pesce or Roy, and Zadorov as well. if we could get those 3 for the loss of Bert and Domi, I'd say we're a much better team with those adds on the D.

imagine a D pairing
Reilly - Pesce
McCabe - Roy
Zadorov - Lil
I think that would be the best D core wed had in 20 years.

banks

W W 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Aug 29, 2019
Who replaces Samsonov? Woll is proving he isnt the real deal. he's a solid backup, but, not likely a starter.

Bert and Domi depend on the price tag, we need 3 D-men, and it would be nice to take a run at Pesce or Roy, and Zadorov as well. if we could get those 3 for the loss of Bert and Domi, I'd say we're a much better team with those adds on the D.

imagine a D pairing
Reilly - Pesce
McCabe - Roy
Zadorov - Lil
I think that would be the best D core wed had in 20 years.

That's the #1 question for me for when the offseason hits. Who replaces Samsonov?

There's a chance Sammy or Woll establish themselves as "the guy" in the playoffs. But if not, then the Leafs will still have a huge question mark in net. I'd rather go get someone like Markstrom or Saros and be done with it. Woll can stay and apprentice for a couple years. I don't want Samsonov back unless he is a playoff hero getting to the final.

As for your blueline. I love the adds. But there's no way we can afford all 3 of those guys. Maybe one if things go well.

mydnyte

Sep 8, 2004
That's the #1 question for me for when the offseason hits. Who replaces Samsonov?

There's a chance Sammy or Woll establish themselves as "the guy" in the playoffs. But if not, then the Leafs will still have a huge question mark in net. I'd rather go get someone like Markstrom or Saros and be done with it. Woll can stay and apprentice for a couple years. I don't want Samsonov back unless he is a playoff hero getting to the final.

As for your blueline. I love the adds. But there's no way we can afford all 3 of those guys. Maybe one if things go well.
Brodie is out, dont resign Bert and Domi and use their $$ on D and we have 15+ mil to play with.
even
$6 Pesce
$5 Roy
$4 Zadorov
may be an over/under payment depending on how you slice it up., but, i wouldnt be shocked if those are close to the numbers

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
You just know Treliving is going to sign Zadorov to a 5 year, 4.5 million per contract this summer. It’s almost as clear as him signing Reaves.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Domi, Benoit are easy yeses (assuming Domi ask isn't absurd).

Bertuzzi, leaning yes but will also depend a bit on his playoffs and his eventual contract demands.

Jones will likely price himself out of being a #3 but I'd also be potentially interested in bringing him back as a cheaper backup/1B depending on who they want to go with as the 1A

arso40

Jun 7, 2022
Domi, Benoit are easy yeses (assuming Domi ask isn't absurd).

Bertuzzi, leaning yes but will also depend a bit on his playoffs and his eventual contract demands.

Jones will likely price himself out of being a #3 but I'd also be potentially interested in bringing him back as a cheaper backup/1B depending on who they want to go with as the 1A
Menzinger how is lily not an easy yes and those two are?? I'm confused we have the Finnish lefty who's basically a younger Benoit how is lily not on that list 🤔

TMLAM34

Oct 15, 2020
Jones has definitely priced himself out of Toronto. I’ll probably get some heat but I wouldn’t be against re-signing Murray to a 1 year, league minimum contract to be our 3rd stringer. If he impresses and works his way back into the 1-2 rotation, great. If not he can collect his cheque from home or Marlies.

Reactions: TMLife17

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad