Which UFA winger do you want?

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
30-45 point winger, with size and some bite for 7 years = 7 point energy plug. If you said last years Bouma, you'd actually look credible here. :laugh:

You're over-valuing secondary assists.Brouwer gets a ton of secondary playing with Ovechkins and Stastny/Fabbris, that's not an indicator of being a superior player. Brouwer's primary point production is worse than 2016 Bouma. 2015 Bouma's primary point production blows Brouwer out of the water.

It might seem like an out-there opinion, and it's tough to argue with "raw point totals" without looking like a pompous analytics-obsessed idiot, but it's a fact. Brouwer is more a product of his linemates than a guy who at his age you want to be looking to sign to a 3 year term as proposed earlier. I like him, and I like that he shoots right, but he is what he is - a glorified Lance Bouma. My so-called credibility isn't something I need to protect by lying to fit in.

Last edited:

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
Perron makes the most sense, in my opinion. Should be reasonably priced, is one of the better possession guys, and can produce well enough to play in the top 6.

superhakan

Gaudreauby Baker
Dec 2, 2008
Id absolutely bring Hudler back if he'll come for 3 years at 4ish million. We already know he works with Mony and Gaudreau and I think he rebounds next season.

Gaudreau - Monahan -Hudler
Colborne - Backlund - Frolik
Tkachuk - Bennett - Shinkaruk
Bouma - Stajan - Ferland
Jooris

Is a pretty solid forward group IMO.

AgeOfBennett

Dec 1, 2014
BC
Id absolutely bring Hudler back if he'll come for 3 years at 4ish million. We already know he works with Mony and Gaudreau and I think he rebounds next season.

Gaudreau - Monahan -Hudler
Colborne - Backlund - Frolik
Tkachuk - Bennett - Shinkaruk
Bouma - Stajan - Ferland
Jooris

Is a pretty solid forward group IMO.

I wouldn't stick two rookies and a sophomore on a line together

moon*

3 years at 4 million for Hudler???

Thats too much term and way too much money. The only way I want Hudler back is on a super cheap and short term deal.

He was really slowing down last year and there is no reason to think he is going to get better and not a whole lot worse.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Who do I want, my dream would be Stamkos or Lucic. But knowing Treliving, we're gonna sign Boedker.

Treliving is smart and realistic. Everyone will be chasing Stamkos, Lucic and Okposo, therefore driving up their price and we don't have the cap space. Treliving knows Boedker well and I think he targets him just like he did Frolik. He doesn't have great size, but he's fast and skilled. Now that we have Tkachuk, long term if we sign Boedker then we only need one more top 6 player, and that's probably Shinkaruk or Poirier. Tkachuk does have size, and getting a skilled player who can skate and chip in some offence is really all we need. I'm thinking you can get him at 3 years and 4 million per. I know people on here don't like that, but it's who I think we sign.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad