Which UFA winger do you want?

moon*

I said Perron because he seems like he will be cheap and could be a good option to do a lot of the dirty work on the top line, getting the puck in corners/taking a beating in front of the net.

I see him listed as a LW but is a right shot so hopefully he would be fine playing RW.

I think the other options are going to want way too much money. Obviously Erikson, Backes or Lucic would be perfect but not for the money they want.

I also find myself torn between finding a guy for the top line or getting a guy for the Bennett line. A vet to play with Shink/Tkachuk-Bennett would be great but that top line RW hole is glaring and not sure I want to see another round of Colborne or Ferland shoe horned in there.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
We really only have the option to sign one of these guys if we move out some salary.

It appears BT will take advantage of the buyout period, so we might have some cap space; also, I'd love to move Wideman somewhere.

Then, dunno. Perron would be okay, Lucic, Eriksson and Backes would be interesting pickups.

FLAMES666

Jan 30, 2009
Calgary
My vote if for Brouwer for several reasons.

Calgary does not have the cap to sign someone to a big long term contract. I think Brouwer could be had for roughly 3 - 3.5 mill a year for 3 years which I would be fine with. He is also a RW which we lack and also has size which we need in our top 6.

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
Perron. If he can't be had, then Sam Gagner on a PTO, Stempniak if he doesn't want ridiculous term, Patrick Eaves for depth, Versteeg if the price is right, Dale Weise for depth.

Lots of options, but not many good ones.

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
My vote if for Brouwer for several reasons.

Calgary does not have the cap to sign someone to a big long term contract. I think Brouwer could be had for roughly 3 - 3.5 mill a year for 3 years which I would be fine with. He is also a RW which we lack and also has size which we need in our top 6.

That is awful. Other than being a RW, Brouwer is a glorified Lance Bouma, and I don't mean 2015 Bouma, I mean 2016 Bouma.

Dertell

Jul 14, 2015
I like Brouwer, performs when it matters most. I voted for him but there are tons of options. I wouldn't mind Perron either.
He had 7 goals and 19 points in 78 playoff games before 2016. Easy to guess his 22.9 shooting percentage in this year's postseason was a fluke.

AgeOfBennett

Dec 1, 2014
BC
He had 7 goals and 19 points in 78 playoff games before 2016. Easy to guess his 22.9 shooting percentage in this year's postseason was a fluke.

I guess I'm just biased lol. I really like Brouwer's game. Would look good in the top 6 maybe to mentor Bennett

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
Who can the Flames afford?

Perron is probably the best candidate both price and ability.

The Flames can probably afford Brouwer and Mcginn but not sure if they can be contribute consistently on the top 6.

Anybody else is probably out of range unless they buy out some players

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
That is awful. Other than being a RW, Brouwer is a glorified Lance Bouma, and I don't mean 2015 Bouma, I mean 2016 Bouma.

30-45 point winger, with size and some bite for 7 years = 7 point energy plug. If you said last years Bouma, you'd actually look credible here. :laugh:

The guy's scored at least 7 PPG's over the last 6 years; Calgary scored a total of 46 PPG's last year. That'd be 15% of our PPG's. His possession numbers aren't mind blowing, but they're fairly average (he's not a black hole). He'd be the teams' 2nd best RW :laugh: Also, over the past half-decade minus a one-off year, he spends most of his time starting in the D zone... someone that you can be comfortable with starting with Monahan and Gaudreau would be pretty good; because neither of them is what you'd consider a defensive maestro.

Now, am I saying we should go out and get him? No. I think he'll command 4+ from someone on a 4-5 year deal. I'd be unwilling to do that. 3x3 would be a good price for him, he comes from teams that know how to win, and has played fairly strong roles on those teams. People are going to be disgusted with what this guy gets on FA.

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
3 years. As long as there's no deal over three years. In three years we can use that money to pay for Tkachuk's raise.

To be honest I think I'd like to trade for Hartnell. Seems like CBJ are pretty desperate for cap-space with a potential offer sheet on Seth Jones.

Hartnell and Milano for 3rd?

Maybe sign Hudler to a two year deal.

AgeOfBennett

Dec 1, 2014
BC
I think no matter who we sign we need to address the problem with zero Right shots in our forward group. could be through FA and/or trade. While it's not a super big deal, I think its important to at least have 1 or 2, maybe 3 RHS in your forward group so that it gives different options for passing and shooting lanes

edit: I don't think Jooris is on the team next year, but I do think Hathaway makes the team

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00