Which Tournament would you rather attend?

Discussion in 'International Tournaments' started by Xokkeu, Oct 7, 2013.

1. Xokkeu

Xokkeu Registered User

If you had a free ticket to either the World Championships or the World Juniors, which would you attend in a given year?

I've yet to attend a U20 event, and probably wouldn't waste my money on seeing one in Europe, where it's not nearly as popular as in Canada. I dig the party atmosphere that goes on at the Worlds each year, a nice celebration of the end of the season with big groups of fans (the Latvians as always!) converging in a celebration of hockey. It's too bad I don't have the money to go to Belarus, if only for the sheer nihilistic pleasure of seeing a tournament in Lukashenko's paradise. I think a U20 tournament in Canada would be a great party, but I'm not sure the tournament has picked up enough in Europe to warrant a trip on its own.

2. Juniors - and it's not close.

I would love to see the Juniors in Europe. Most of the Canadians I know who have attended one, say it's GREAT!!

3. Back In Black

Back In Black 2D Just Do It!!!!

Red kiddy crested jersey hater
    Home Page:
    same here.

Only the Olympics would trump either of them. :handclap:

4. I agree.

My ex and I went to the WJRs in Buffalo and it was the BEST VACATION EVER - even with the 3rd period collapse in the Gold medal game. Soooo much fun. The people, mostly Canadians of course, we so nice. Easily worth the $2-3K I spent.

5. Xokkeu

Xokkeu Registered User

Well sure, but that's why I didn't include the Olympics.

6. Inkling

Inkling Same Old Hockey

I've already been to a World Junior. If the WHC ticket included airfare to Europe, I'd definitely pick that!

I think I might pick the Spengler Cup over either one, though. Even though it's not as prestigious as either of the other tournaments, the atmosphere for that one always looks like a lot of fun, and spending the Christmas season in Davos would be cool.