Which Top Young NHL Forwards Regress This Year?

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Who goes down in point pace noticeably? For players drafted in 2013 and later. Here are some:

Matthews
Laine
Barkov
Mackinnon
Eichel
Draisaitl
Pastrnak
Ehlers
Drouin
Monahan
Nylander
Marner
Larkin
Rantanen
Barzal
Boeser
M Tkachuk
Hischier
Aho

Last edited:

hockeeyyy

Sep 29, 2017
Ehlers, Drouin, Larkin, Barzal, and Boeser.

I'm kind of iffy on Ehlers and Barzal because I think they are already pretty good players who may not get the opportunities and protection that they have had in the past. I'm pretty certain that Drouin will regress, and Larkin has too much on his plate to really take his game to another level right now.

Boeser is just a case of a player who shoots great, but I'm not a fan of the rest of his game.

Crow

May 19, 2014
That's a good one. Doing players drafted 2013 after though.
Oh I missed that.

I wouldn’t pick anyone from your list to decline noticeably in PPG. But I agree that one of the most likely candidates is Brock boeser, because of the lack of scoring for the canucks in general.

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
Mackinnon,Rantanen,and Matthews

maybe Barzal too but less sure about that one

Reactions: cgf

The Burdened

May 1, 2017
Boeser, but not because of real regression rather he still doesn't look 100% healthy

Including pre-season, he hasn't looked anything like what he did last year.

Reactions: dim jim

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Larkin has too much on his plate to really take his game to another level right now.
Maybe, but it's hard to see him regressing hard. He will get all the icetime and opportunity to put up similar if not better point totals. He will get the best wingers, top PP time. The safe bet is that he leads the Wings in points.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Boeser was nursing two injuries in the summer, I just don’t think he’s 100% right now which is why he could be due for a poor start to the season.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
William "Le'Veon Bell" Nylander
Can't have a worse season if you don't play

Roll-Safe-Think-About-It.jpg

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
I predicted Boeser would put up around the same point totals as last year maybe a little higher, but in a full season.

So same points, but lower points per game

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad