Proposal: Which thread should be unstuck?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I could get behind merging the AHL and Prospects thread. I track the stats for all the AHL/ECHL guys in the Prospects thread stat tables and post updates on them anyway, so we might as well throw them together.

nyrpassion

Vetted.
Mar 10, 2008
Ottawa
Yeah, I think either unsticky the roster thread or merge the AHL/prospects thread. The roster thread will never get buried.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Any way we can just merge the prospects/AHL thread AND get rid of the season tickets thread? It'd be a lot less cluttered up top. Hell, let's unsticky the roster thread, too.

Giacomin

Apr 29, 2007
Here's another idea: we have the new practice/news thread which I like, but if there's a long time between games we also usually have a pre-game talk, and I don't think that needs to be two separate threads. Much of the pre-game discussion is news and notes from practice anyway.

Of course that's just for times when we have a big gap between games, but it's something to consider.

That sounds good. As a STH I love the Season ticket thread.

Ex Officer Friendly

Got Nothin To Say
Apr 27, 2012
New York, NY
If 2k2 is doing the stat tracking and says that's not a big deal why don't we merge those two threads leaving the open spot for the general practice... Or like machinehead said have the practice thread as the defacto GDT spot on non game days

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
If 2k2 is doing the stat tracking and says that's not a big deal why don't we merge those two threads leaving the open spot for the general practice... Or like machinehead said have the practice thread as the defacto GDT spot on non game days

Pre game talk becomes essentially useless at times. Sometimes the time between games is so short that threads barely have more than 10-15 posts. I like this idea of making it kind of the defacto pre game talk/practice thread. Important updates don't get lost and it allows for a nice transition in-between games.

Leetch66

Jan 8, 2007
PEI Canada
I want to change my answer to the Roster building, like everyone said that will stay near the top anyway.

I'd also merge the HFD and Prospect thread since half the time the Prospect thread is talking about Hartford anyway.

I was going to suggest the same thing . :nod:

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Pre game talk becomes essentially useless at times. Sometimes the time between games is so short that threads barely have more than 10-15 posts. I like this idea of making it kind of the defacto pre game talk/practice thread. Important updates don't get lost and it allows for a nice transition in-between games.

Pretty much. Myself and others I think only created the pre game threads because there was no other place to discuss what was going on.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY

I like this.

Should be up to 2K2, dude puts in one hell of an effort to keep the stats updated, so if he wants/doesnt want them merged, thats what im going with.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Like all issues of this magnitude, I'm not voting until I hear Krams' thoughts.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I like this.

Should be up to 2K2, dude puts in one hell of an effort to keep the stats updated, so if he wants/doesnt want them merged, thats what im going with.

Thanks dude. You were the original prospects thread guy.

I'm good with merging it. It doesn't really matter to me, though--I follow Hartford and the other prospects pretty religiously. The whatever works best for others.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Any way we can just merge the prospects/AHL thread AND get rid of the season tickets thread? It'd be a lot less cluttered up top. Hell, let's unsticky the roster thread, too.
You stole my ideas. :rant:

Maybe even merge the ticket threads. I like this, it's like a town meeting. :D

- Merge Ticket threads

- Unstick Roster Thread

- Merge Prospects/AHL

...would put as at 6 including GDTs. :party:

Last edited:

Made Dan

Jul 15, 2007
The Bronx, NY
Would say building roster thread. That thread will always be active and will stay towards the top of page 1. The others...doubtful

Khelvan

Apr 5, 2002
Oakland, CA
I voted on STH, but I'd also be behind merging the AHL & prospects threads. I always felt like I had to check two different places for updates on prospects, and there weren't enough updates to warrant a different thread for the AHL IMO.

Edit: And by that I mean not enough volume to have things get lost. Clearly we get awesome regular updates from people following the prospects.

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course

Please do NOT merge the prospects thread with the AHL thread! Not everyone visits both threads on a regular basis--I almost never go to the prospects thread, but visit the AHL thread anytime there is a new post.

If these threads are merged it will be impossible for me to keep with one of the things (the Wolfpack) I care about most on this site!

This is a site Hockey's Future after all. There should be room for both threads up there.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Please do NOT merge the prospects thread with the AHL thread! Not everyone visits both threads on a regular basis--I almost never go to the prospects thread, but visit the AHL thread anytime there is a new post.

If these threads are merged it will be impossible for me to keep with one of the things (the Wolfpack) I care about most on this site!

This is a site Hockey's Future after all. There should be room for both threads up there.

OK so just unsticky them both.

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
I agree seeing 9 Tabs is a bit annoying to the eye haha.

Leafs section generates most traffic for this site and they have 2 stickys usually for Raptors/Blue Jays talk too as well as the 2015 upcoming draft.

I think their set up is good.

For the Rangers board, this perhaps?
  • An all encompassing thread for the AHL + Junior Prospects
  • Around the League Thread
  • Roster Building/Rumor Thread
  • Ticket Exchange Thread/STH Thread
  • Rules
  • GDT/PGT/PreGT/Draft/FA Frenzy

Not sure why a separate thread is needed for STH. Maybe merge that with the Ticket Exchange? Or will it get too cluttered?

In general, the AHL/ECHL thread is mainly for posters to keep tabs on Ranger prospects. It makes sense to merge the prospect thread + AHL thread. And the AHL thread hasn't been that active either.

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
I hate the idea of merging threads! There are several threads that can be moved down because they are used frequently enough that they won't fall off the first page.

Many of us do not have the time to go through a thread with multiple topics and much of the intelligent conversion will be lost in the process. I don't see why there has to be a huge re-organization when moving one thread (I voted for the roster/trade prosposal one) solves whatever problem there is.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
The sticky option is used for threads which are important but don't generate enough traffic to be top of the list.

The following threads really don't need any help being top of the list:

- Around the NHL
- GDT/PGT
- Roster building etc.

Krams

Feb 13, 2012
Maybe even merge the ticket threads. I like this, it's like a town meeting. :D

2116407c2699a543011c745dc07122c9.gif

More than one thread needs to be unstickied. Merge the AHL+Prospects, merge the STH+Individual Game Tix. unsticky NYC thread--i know it's probably to mitigate the prospective pain in the ass having to delete new threads from visiting fans, but we have a big moderation team, i'm sure you'll be able to handle it. unsticky the Roster Building thread--it'll stay at the top of the standard topics regardless.

trueblue9441

Nov 18, 2006
Bronx, NY
please dont combine the STH thread and the tickets for sale thread. people trying to buy and sell will have their posts get lost. we've tried it before and it didn't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad