Proposal: Which thread should be unstuck?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewLife

Apr 29, 2011
Oslo
For me it's quite obvious, the season ticket thread.

Although the roster thread is always high up on the page..

Kakko

Formerly Chytil
Mar 23, 2011
Long Island
Obviously should be the Rules thread :sarcasm:

But, agreed with the above on the Season Ticket thread, because it simply has the smallest audience

Idlerlee

Apr 19, 2013
The roster building thread is the single most popular thread on the forum, it will never disappear down the page.

The other forums run the risk of being demoted a page, while holding some importance for a lot of the fans.

So I vote Roster building

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
I wouldn't unstick the season ticket thread. Point of most of the stickies is to keep threads that would normally get bumped off the first page at the top. The roster building thread will always be on the first page anyway and doesn't contain actual news (mainly speculation) like the news and practice thread would so I vote that.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
Obviously should be the Rules thread :sarcasm:

But, agreed with the above on the Season Ticket thread, because it simply has the smallest audience

GDT/PGT, rules, NYC stuff, Around the NHL, and ticket resale are going to stay up. :)

Kane One

Feb 6, 2010
Brooklyn, New NY
GDTs and PGTs don't need to be stickies. They won't get lost anywhere. The threads that should be stickies are the ones that would potentially be lost to the second page after a bad day of no one posting in it.

Edit - didn't see you left that out intentionally.

No option in the poll should be left out, IMO. If it had to be one, STH.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
I want to change my answer to the Roster building, like everyone said that will stay near the top anyway.

I'd also merge the HFD and Prospect thread since half the time the Prospect thread is talking about Hartford anyway.

OverTheCap

Jan 3, 2009
Roster building/trades has always been of the most popular threads so it probably doesn't need to be stickied.

While I don't go into the season ticket holders thread very often, I seem to recall that some of the posters there do not post frequently in other threads. If the STH thread gets buried, there's a chance those posters won't want to dig around to find it, or that a redundant thread about STH will be created instead.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
The way I look at stickies is, frequent posters know where things are. The stickies operate to make the most important threads easy to find for visitors and infrequent posters.

Season ticket holders are not likely to be visitors or infrequent posters.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
The way I look at stickies is, frequent posters know where things are. The stickies operate to make the most important threads easy to find for visitors and infrequent posters.

Season ticket holders are not likely to be visitors or infrequent posters.
those buying though?

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Well have we ever considered just having an all-encompassing "tickets" thread for sales and season ticket discussion?

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
those buying though?

Those buying should look in the ticket resale thread. The season ticket holder thread is more about discussion of the experience (or lack of, lol) of being a season ticket holder.

Well have we ever considered just having an all-encompassing "tickets" thread for sales and season ticket discussion?

I feel like it was that way a while ago and then changed because both topics were too hard to filter out.

Baby Punisher

Sponsor
Mar 30, 2012
Staten Island, NY
The roster building thread is the single most popular thread on the forum, it will never disappear down the page.

The other forums run the risk of being demoted a page, while holding some importance for a lot of the fans.

So I vote Roster building

Stole my thunder. I agree.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
To me, what it comes down to is you either take one down that might be too small for a sticky (season tickets) or you take on down that's so big it doesn't need a sticky (roster building)

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Here's another idea: we have the new practice/news thread which I like, but if there's a long time between games we also usually have a pre-game talk, and I don't think that needs to be two separate threads. Much of the pre-game discussion is news and notes from practice anyway.

Of course that's just for times when we have a big gap between games, but it's something to consider.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad