Proposal: Which thread should be unstuck?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I agree seeing 9 Tabs is a bit annoying to the eye haha.

Leafs section generates most traffic for this site and they have 2 stickys usually for Raptors/Blue Jays talk too as well as the 2015 upcoming draft.

I think their set up is good.

For the Rangers board, this perhaps?
  • An all encompassing thread for the AHL + Junior Prospects
  • Around the League Thread
  • Roster Building/Rumor Thread
  • Ticket Exchange Thread/STH Thread
  • Rules
  • GDT/PGT/PreGT/Draft/FA Frenzy

Not sure why a separate thread is needed for STH. Maybe merge that with the Ticket Exchange? Or will it get too cluttered?

In general, the AHL/ECHL thread is mainly for posters to keep tabs on Ranger prospects. It makes sense to merge the prospect thread + AHL thread. And the AHL thread hasn't been that active either.

This is ideal.

I like this.

When Mint and I agree, it's a cold day in hell.

It's currently 38 degrees where I am (hell).

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Upon further thought, I'm hesitant about merging the Hartford thread and the general Prospects thread. In the Hartford thread, there is a good bit of discussion about things related to the team but not our prospects--attendance, random veteran players, AHL live, etc. That's the reason that the threads have remained distinct; one is general discussion of a single entity, the other is discussion of many different entities existing separately and under very different circumstances.

Merging the two threads wouldn't be the worst thing ever, but I don't think it should be at the top of the list if we're reducing clutter.

mti79

May 11, 2007
Like has been said, the prospects and minor league affiliates are very similar so I would bump one of those out or combine them.

NYRFAN218

King
May 2, 2007
New York, NY
Haha :cheers:

Out of curiosity, why wouldn't the STH and Ticket merged thread work?

Posts that are trying to buy and sell tickets get buried whenever there's a discussion. I'd much prefer to just unstick the STH thread and leave them as separate threads than combine them if it comes to that.

sbjnyc

Jun 28, 2011
New York
Any reason why the rules post can't just have a date like 12/31/2100 so it'll always be on top of the unstickied threads?

Cassano

Aug 31, 2013
GTA
Posts that are trying to buy and sell tickets get buried whenever there's a discussion. I'd much prefer to just unstick the STH thread and leave them as separate threads than combine them if it comes to that.

Makes sense. I think that's a decent suggestion.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Like has been said, the prospects and minor league affiliates are very similar so I would bump one of those out or combine them.

Again though, they're similar in that they involve players not currently on the Rangers, but that's it. When people go to read up on Brandon Halverson or Tyler Nanne or how Petr Zamorsky is doing in Finland, they're probably not interested in knowing that Hartford only had 2,000 people in attendance, are terrible in the neutral zone or that they just released Jared Nightengale.

Remember when we had catch-all threads earlier in the season? A thread for forwards, a thread for defenseman, etc. It made it harder to find the information you were looking for and harder to find a conversation you wanted to participate in. I know that people read the Prospects Thread specifically for our every-game updates on Buchnevich, for instance. You'll have to look through twice as much stuff to find it if half of the posts are dedicated to Henrik Tallinder's debut. And really, those two things are completely unrelated.

Ignore my initial acceptance of this idea and count me as a "**** that ****." :laugh: I initially looked at it through the prism of how I do the stats-tracking, but there's obviously a ton more to the thread than that. I think Hartford and Greenville are best-served with their own thread, which is dedicated to far more than just discussion of the prospects on the team.

Last edited:

AHB*

Just merge the two ticket threads. It's not that big of a deal. Deleting either ticket thread would be a mistake though.

Oh yea, if we're talking about the least used thread, it's almost certainly the "All Things NYC" one. The STH thread is great and provides a lot of insight for people who are considering/have season tickets.

All Things NYC isn't even relevant to hockey.

I really have no problem with combining the two ticket threads, but I'd really be bothered if the STH thread is unstickied.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
Thanks dude. You were the original prospects thread guy.

I'm good with merging it. It doesn't really matter to me, though--I follow Hartford and the other prospects pretty religiously. The whatever works best for others.

Haha wow man, I can't believe you remember that...that was like 8-9 years ago!

Thats why I know how much time and effort it takes to keep that updated and how much you do for us :)

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I would change my vote to "Roster Building." That thread will always be at the top of the page even if it's unstuck. The other threads might get lost in the shuffle if there's not activity for a day or two.

I'm actually not even sure what the "General Practice and News" thread refers to. I don't remember seeing it, really, and it's not up there at the moment. In general, I don't like "catch-all" threads anyway.

Nash Money

Sponsor
Jul 15, 2012

Oh yea, if we're talking about the least used thread, it's almost certainly the "All Things NYC" one. The STH thread is great and provides a lot of insight for people who are considering/have season tickets.

All Things NYC isn't even relevant to hockey.

My vote would to be get rid of All things NYC, keeping both the sale and STH threads separate and stickied. Combining the 2 ticket threads would be a mistake, as NYRFAN218 points out.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
The All Things NYC thread doesn't get a ton of use, but gets a lot of views. It's a resource for all the folks that visit the city or come to MSG for a game for the first time. It's not so much for us here, but for visitors to this board. If it's not stuck at the top, those visitors don't even see that it exists and start new threads asking questions that are very clearly answered in that thread. That's why it was created and stickied to begin with.

Megustaelhockey

"I like hockey" in Spanish
Apr 29, 2011
Thanks for your feedback, guys and gals. I figured the long break was as good of a time as any to ask. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad