Which teams need to upgrade at goalie this offseason?

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
Is Carolina ready to commit to Mrazek long term?

I get the feeling at the very least we're interested in a mid-term commitment. The question for me is McElhinney. It can't be denied we wouldn't have gotten into the playoffs without both Mac and Petr at the same time, Alex Nedeljkovic put up a solid season in Charlotte (34-14-1, 2.26 GAA, 0.916 save percentage, won the Baz Bastien this year). It's definitely not a bad dilemma to have, especially is Mrazek and keep up the level of play he's demonstrated thus far.

Reactions: Cardiac Jerks

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
Columbus will go with Merzlikens. Jarmo is very high on him.

SAN Jose is stuck with with Jones.

My thoughts...

Calgary - too much inconsistency

Buffalo - 2 backups don’t work out well too often

Panthers - need a stud to go with that team and they can compete for a Cup

Carolina - need a legitimate number 1

Edmonton - no cap space so they’re f***ed but what’s new

Detroit - gross goaltending

Available: Bobrovsky, Varlmov, Lehner but I expect Isles to re-sign him, one of Georgiev or Hank as Shestyorokin won’t be playing AHL, Samsonov as I think Caps will commit to Holtby.

Lots of teams need goaltending but not much is available. Anyone else available worth mentioning? I know guys like Allen will be available but I am wondering about anyone decent.

viper0220

Oct 10, 2008
The Jets and Sharks come to mind right now as needing new starters.

WAT.jpg

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
I think Ottawa might trade Craig Anderson. He apparently didn't want to be a part of a rebuild. Though he did put up bad numbers this year, I think anyone would behind that defense. I think he'd be an OK stopgap for a team like Columbus. Running him and Merzlikins could work out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad